Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balti Pie

Reaction score
Putting 2 and 2 together and maybe getting 5?

I'd imagine Nico must be a makeweight on a permanent rather than a loan as Barca don't have 50m to spend on Ruben. Even if they cash in on Frenkie de Jong, I still doubt they'd want to spend that much.

Also, Jeff has stated in the past he doesn't like developing other teams young players, so a straight loan without an option doesn't make sense.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Putting 2 and 2 together and maybe getting 5?

I'd imagine Nico must be a makeweight on a permanent rather than a loan as Barca don't have 50m to spend on Ruben. Even if they cash in on Frenkie de Jong, I still doubt they'd want to spend that much.

Also, Jeff has stated in the past he doesn't like developing other teams young players, so a straight loan without an option doesn't make sense.
It would have to be Nico & Puig plus money I’d just call off the talks with Barcelona they are once again messing us around via Mendes

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't deal with Barcelona. It's pretty simple.

They've got Lewandoski desperate to leave, saying a part of him at Bayern has 'died. It will be the same with Raphinha and we've first hand experience with Traore.

Any player we could possibly want from them wouldn't want to join Wolves and they've got no money.

Tell Mendes and Neves to look elsewhere, can't be having them do us over again.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Comments by Everton fans on social media are not very complimentary about traore....it's definitely a resounding No to wanting him....
I suppose it really depends on how much he costs. I'd pretty against the £20m rumoured if I was them, but £5-10m he'd be worth a gamble.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why can't we just take the £60 mill from United for Neves and the £20 mill from Everton for Adama?

£20 mill to Sporting for Palhinha
£20 mill to Barca for Nico
£20 mill to Braga for Carmo
£20 mill to Valencia for Guedes

Cheap deals for Martim Neto and Andre Almeida. Squad revamped.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why can't we just take the £60 mill from United for Neves and the £20 mill from Everton for Adama?

Do you play football manager sir!

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yep I’m pretty sure it’s that straightforward

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbh on Football Manager Palhinha always signs for PSG so he is completely out of reach and Guedes won't enter contract negotiations even if a bid gets accepted.

Real life with Mendes in our corner is easier than Football Manager without him.
Ah, but on the plus side, Newcastle WILL overpay for Boly and Coady, Inacio will come for his release fee, and Neves won’t go anywhere when make him captain, bump his pay and win your first champions league.

Piece of ****. Christ knows what the AI does with Wolves though, as they’re always relegation candidates.

Reaction score
If this is true then why is every loan deal in Barca's favour. If the kid does come here it should only be with an option for us to buy. Why should we increase any player's value if he is not ours.
Same reason we get to ship out players like MGW, he’s increased in value 100% at least this season while being on loan at a club lower in the pyramid than us. Like it or not we’re still lower in the pyramid than Barca

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had plenty of accurate information which I posted on here in good faith and not after the event .Many posters received a PM from me .I know what I was told but as I said it’s not worth the hassle .I prefer to leave it to others .
I was one of those messaged regularly.
Some of it comes off, some of it doesn’t.
It was right more often that not.
Doesn’t mean I doubt Jonzy.

Also when you do share anything that people don’t want to hear, you can get accused of all sorts. I shared some Solbakken stories from the mouths of players themselves, and it wasn’t liked by those who weirdly revered him!! Funny when I shared a couple of Dean Saunders stories no one questioned them!

Thanks for the snippets those who share.

Last edited:

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can all the apparent ITKs keep it to yourselves please

This thread is reserved only for links to a random tweet with the obligatory "not sure how reputable this guy is?" tagline

The answer to which shall only be measured by their number of followers
What about those that are not really ITK, but try to stand close and laugh at the jokes of some that might be, like agents and suppliers, so they can share the occasional snippet. Can they still post?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always said people who shared info on here were idiots and i stand by it! Too many people waiting to stick the boot in when things dont pan out.

Saying that, If i was doing it i dont think i'd be worried about what people on here thought about me. Last thing i'm concerned with.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

In other words, the likes of Palhinha are asking for too much money. So don’t be disappointed when he doesn't sign.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. I have a bad feeling about this summer……. Full excuses come September 1st!!
I think its a sensible approach really
We are certainly not trying to run on a shoestring, with decent money being paid to our players

Of course there are other clubs that will pay higher wages,just as there are ones that will pay less
We are what we are ,a decent mid table club paying decent mid table wages,usually way more than similar European clubs

We cant compete with the very top clubs at this point,and trying to do so would be financial suicide
It may be we wont get the very top players, but we dont go down that route anyway

Young up and coming players will get a good deal and long contract should they want it,and we benefit by hopefully getting players that we probably wouldnt otherwise have got had we stacked the first team with older more expensive options

It may not be what we all want but its probably the most sensible plan

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

In other words, the likes of Palhinha are asking for too much money. So don’t be disappointed when he doesn't sign.
Fwiw, that's from the ask wolves interview, as part of what was one of the better interviews from Matt wild

Express and star have been disingenuous in not referencing that so as to create a 'story' and save them work - presumably because Liam Keen is on holiday at the moment and they CBA to write Wolves stories until he's back!

Shoddy from the E and S and nothing new/noteworthy.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be far, I’m currently in a company that has long standing employees who are getting paid less then new recruits. It does cause an issue and companies need to be careful how they manage it. It’s no different for wolves. I think bigger names players will be able to get the higher wages but unknowns to the premier league- that would cause a problem!!

They just need to be careful that’s all. Can’t see the problem with what has been said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom