Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2021 Pre-season

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m wondering if we’ll dedicate this summer to working on playing with a back four? If we do, this will obviously dictate what we do in the market.

I also wonder if this transition is something we could see us properly start at the end of this season if all we have to play for is a mid-table league position?

Is this something you would want to happen in an attempt for us progress?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It has to be. We saw what Nuno could do when he came in - he ripped everything up, started from scratch with a new formation, half a new team and had them completely drilled in it by the time the season kicked off. While there was a lot of talk about a shifting of styles this season it can't be underestimated how hard it would have been to change things with no pre-season and then when we did try it, an injury to our best player followed by players dropping like flies scuppered it.

I'm one who is fully behind Nuno, but I'm expecting to see these changes come next season or that unwavering support will start to have more questions

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It has to be. We saw what Nuno could do when he came in - he ripped everything up, started from scratch with a new formation, half a new team and had them completely drilled in it by the time the season kicked off. While there was a lot of talk about a shifting of styles this season it can't be underestimated how hard it would have been to change things with no pre-season and then when we did try it, an injury to our best player followed by players dropping like flies scuppered it.

I'm one who is fully behind Nuno, but I'm expecting to see these changes come next season or that unwavering support will start to have more questions

Totally agree, good point as well on how he drilled the back-5 system when he first arrived. I’ve got every faith that with some proper time to prep he could get it working.

What will be interesting is how/who we recruit for it. It could be an exciting window.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Starting into our 4 th. PL season, I think Wolves/Fosun will want the club to do better and clinch a CL spot.
Have no idea how Nuno will set up the defence, but with an emphasis on scoring goals , I presume he’ll want it to be less reliant on the midfield and wingers to drop back as often as they do now.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the 2 weeks we'll have with the first teamers?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reckon we will be safe enough to try new styles after a couple more matches .
Fulham didn’t look like pulling off any sort of a run last night.

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Starting into our 4 th. PL season, I think Wolves/Fosun will want the club to do better and clinch a CL spot.
Have no idea how Nuno will set up the defence, but with an emphasis on scoring goals , I presume he’ll want it to be less reliant on the midfield and wingers to drop back as often as they do now.
i think 4th season that's unrealistic expectation after this season

i think if we'd got europa this season so 2 out 3 years and fringe the other potentially

but i think the aim is to get europa again and this is a hard feat considering have to potentially come 5th in the table if not realistically 6th

there's many a good side, our aim is surely be back where we were last season and show this was a blip

Back
Top Bottom