Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Stonewall penalty!

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure Mike's on the phone to Bruno now apologising. Oh no wait that's only if you're called Frank.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky didn't even bother showing a replay.
They just dismissed it as a ‘shove in the back’ if I remember correctly.

Cuban Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I mentioned during the comms thread, Dean must have overruled it, eben though he was refereeing at Chelsea.;)

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was on the floor while 3 / 4 wolves players around him had arms up appealing!

I actually think you could argue konate was running back and Toti stepped into his path, so whether it’s a pen is debateable - but ‘neutral’ carragher dismissing, var barely looking and sky / motd glossing over it, are the issue here

It really is one rule for them….. 48 games without a pen against them, no home defeats in Prem Lge since 2017

No quibble with how good they are - but rules should apply to all. To those saying ‘it’s always been like that’ - well var etc has supposedly created a fairer game. Not if bias still exists!
Far from making things fairer VAR has actually introduced a whole new level of bias.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I showed it to a Utd supporting mate of mine who usually disagrees with me but even he came back with “that’s blatant”.

The fact we didn’t even get a replay was really, really suspicious. I don’t want to be that conspiracy guy but even the “impartial” broadcasters brushed it under the carpet and didn’t revisit - they did, however, revisit a couple of appeals by Liverpool which weren’t given a few times if memory serves.

Something fishy about it all still.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I showed it to a Utd supporting mate of mine who usually disagrees with me but even he came back with “that’s blatant”.

The fact we didn’t even get a replay was really, really suspicious. I don’t want to be that conspiracy guy but even the “impartial” broadcasters brushed it under the carpet and didn’t revisit - they did, however, revisit a couple of appeals by Liverpool which weren’t given a few times if memory serves.

As the Smiths would say, What difference does it make? It makes none…

Well truth be told, drawing or winning would have meant we finished 8th or 9th not 10th, and we’d have been 2-4m better off. I’m almost past caring about the blatant bias in the officials and tv coverage, but the word “almost” is deliberate!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As the Smiths would say, What difference does it make? It makes none…

Well truth be told, drawing or winning would have meant we finished 8th or 9th not 10th, and we’d have been 2-4m better off. I’m almost past caring about the blatant bias in the officials and tv coverage, but the word “almost” is deliberate!
Yea, this is it for me. It's not so much the impact it would have had on our season (very little other than a few places) but it's the way it got completely ignored after the rapid VAR check and then I wouldn't be shocked if Sky got the remit to not show the replay.

The PL would much rather Liverpool win the league than City so nothing really shocks me any more with the lengths they would go to in order to get certain clubs where they want them to be.

I'm not really bitter about this decision as such, it's just the complete silence surrounding it which is a little fishy.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wasn’t there a stonewall pen for Liverpool not given as well? Coady on someone or other as I recall, 5Live thought we were lucky there, not seen either to be fair.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yea, this is it for me. It's not so much the impact it would have had on our season (very little other than a few places) but it's the way it got completely ignored after the rapid VAR check and then I wouldn't be shocked if Sky got the remit to not show the replay.

The PL would much rather Liverpool win the league than City so nothing really shocks me any more with the lengths they would go to in order to get certain clubs where they want them to be.

I'm not really bitter about this decision as such, it's just the complete silence surrounding it which is a little fishy.
I don't think it's a conspiracy favouring say Liverpool over City. Remember City's penalty against us? But it's past the point of deniability that there is at least an unconscious bias towards the Sky Six. Any of the Six get that incident against any of the lesser mortals, and the on field ref gives it nearly every time, and VAR gives it the rest of the time. If there is a very odd occasion that doesn't happen, it would displace Ukraine from the headlines on the BBC.

Scadwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Did Motd show it as I don't recall them having a close look either.
Biased MOTD did not show it at all! Really poor coverage of the match all in Liverpool’s favour apart from goal and Donks miss. I now have to listen to games on radio as my ill health has forced me to give up my season ticket . But Wolves radio were convinced it was a clear penalty. I know they are biased on our side but now I’ve seen it it was a clear shove in the back.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Biased MOTD did not show it at all! Really poor coverage of the match all in Liverpool’s favour apart from goal and Donks miss. I now have to listen to games on radio as my ill health has forced me to give up my season ticket . But Wolves radio were convinced it was a clear penalty. I know they are biased on our side but now I’ve seen it it was a clear shove in the back.

unfortunately when wolves went ahead all my streams died a death.

Radio vile on Fm which I can get.

Villa on bbc radio 5

Wolves on BBC dab which doesn't reach this far.

Now BBC radio Vile knows it was on BBC radio 5 so why the double coverage?

The above meant I had no idea what was happening till Motd and going by the comments on the mix I thought something is very wrong here.

A Monkey Pox on them all.

beppe7619

Reaction score
Liverpool second goal should not of stood our player got battered twice from the corner

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I think that’s the idea…
Well true! It would be nice to think we could go to Anfield with a fair chance of winning, doesn’t seem like it though.

We actually played really well I thought and it was a shame we lost because of how much the lads put in. It’s really hurting when you see something like that because you just think what’s the point. The officials would have found a way to help Liverpool win, not giving us a penalty, disallowing a goal, letting them off with a red card, something!

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Deffo thought it was a penalty.
In perfect position to score without that tackle in the back.
Penalty all day long for me.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No replays and no comments. Mind you, they said absolutely no words about either Wolves or Villa after showing the highlights!

I watched our game on Sky and then saw the highlights on Match of the Day. I seem to remember on the live version, Wolves having some clear runs through on goal in the second half and yet watching that Scouse Propaganda program last night we did not come over the halfway line in the final 45 minutes !

I had Radio 5 Sports Extra on and Stephen Warnock who I think is a very good pundit said that he thought it was a definite push in the back on Toti. As others have pointed out there was no replay of our incident as it was swept under the rug quicker than a 10 Downing Street lockdown rave but we get numerous angles of the ball clearly thudding into Willy's chest.

Conspiracy theories and such like tend to bug me, yet you know what, the longer we have VAR and things like what we all saw happen yesterday the more difficult it is not to feel that as they used to say on the X Files " the Truth is out There " or maybe not if you are not a " chosen one " .

Last edited:

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score

There is also the fact thst their first goal looked like it could be offside. Abd while i don't know either way, there was littke scrutiny, no lines, 5 second check, done.

Hate the fact thst it sounds and feels bitter, but there are so many odd decisions and suspicioys moments.

I'm jyst amazed mane didnt get his pen

Reactions: Ned

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
Wasn’t there a stonewall pen for Liverpool not given as well? Coady on someone or other as I recall, 5Live thought we were lucky there, not seen either to be fair.
From my recollection; mane fell over a gust of wind whilst in the vicinity of Coady. Doesn't mean i'm not surprised it wasn't given. He was close, but it didn't look to me that Coady fouled him

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
It's an interesting list, but (as demostrated by this thread) not exactly exhaustive. I mean just to pick one example, no mention of VARs failure to overrule the ridiculous handball decision against Mouts at the Etihad.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched loads of replays (Ryan Leister on Twitter) showing the ‘shove’ by Konate on Toti in the second half. Well inside the penalty area with Toti just needing to touch in the cross put on a plate for him.

How on earth was that not a penalty?

VAR apparently reviewed it straight away and gave nothing.

I’ve watched it over and over again and it was a blatant push in Toti’s back. Absolute stonewall penalty imo. I’ve been wearing specs all my life but didn’t need them to see what happened. They are not rose tinted either!

If that had been at the other end of the pitch it would no doubt have been awarded.

Some decisions against us this season have just baffled me.

Unbelievable!
Also, Mane's first goal looked very close to offside, and yet it didn't look like it was reviewed. On MoTD they said it was, but no lines were shown.

You could almost get the impression that someone wanted Liverpool to win.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are not alone in our opinions on this one…

“VAR review: There was a clear use of the shoulder by Konate into the back of the Wolverhampton Wanderers player, and there's absolutely no doubt that the penalty would have stood if awarded by the referee.”

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
A deliberate barge in the back to purposely deny a goal scoring opportunity. Penalty and red card, no doubt about it.

Compare it to the penalty given by Mike Dean against Coady in that famous Cardiff away game. You've gotta wonder.

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Noticed on Ref Watch on SKY this morning that this wasn't discussed but the Diaz falling into Sa was ?

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're talking Roy Keane on Haaland. Muscat on Bellamy levels in terms of what it would have needed to be for us to get a penalty yesterday in the circumstances of that game at the time.

Can you even begin to imagine the level of scrutiny the referee would have received had he gave it and Man City not gone on to win?

This is where the problem really lies with bias. So much more is made of either way decisions when it impacts the bigger sides, which is why refs simply don't bother with the hassle. If there's an excuse not to give they'll find it.

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
It's an interesting list, but (as demostrated by this thread) not exactly exhaustive. I mean just to pick one example, no mention of VARs failure to overrule the ridiculous handball decision against Mouts at the Etihad.
I think that is the issue. Something can be correctly overturned by var. If it happens a lot doesn't mean you have necessarily had the rough end.

The potentially incorrect decisiins are the ones that hurt and that are not recorded.

Not just Wolves related, but there are a lot of decisions that are dodgy. Far more than there should be for something which is supposed to help make the right decision. I can think of some pens against us, some not given for us, and man utd at molinuex as clear mistakes

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spot on that the penalty gets given at the other end and VAR wouldn’t see enough in it to overturn it. This is the problem. Refs can choose to overlook difficult decisions being given against the Big6 and VAR won’t correct their mistakes. How is that ever right..?

molineux man

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In fairness the ball didn’t go out of play for ages afterwards which is likely the main reason we didn’t get a replay.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A deliberate barge in the back to purposely deny a goal scoring opportunity. Penalty and red card, no doubt about it.
And that's exactly why they swept it under the carpet. Could you imagine the outcry from Liverpool fans if they'd gone 2-1 down, down to ten men and Villa had held on for something at the Etihad?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And that's exactly why they swept it under the carpet. Could you imagine the outcry from Liverpool fans if they'd gone 2-1 down, down to ten men and Villa had held on for something at the Etihad?
Avoiding upsetting the Dipper fans, notorious whinging ****s that they are, should form no part of any decision making - although l get that it can impact subconsciously.

Back
Top Bottom