Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Stoke City...boring...boring...

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I work with a clay head and he's always banging on about how great they are, in the Premier, etc

I often remind him about the infamous match at Molineux where Pulis' Stoke spent the whole match launching long throws in the general direction of our goal and our centre halfs headed them back, usually for another throw in. It was relentless. The home crowd chanted boring, boring, boring for pretty much the whole game.

Can anyone tell me which season it was, the manager at the time etc, as I can't remember?

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A style of play so universally loved by all that our tactical genius of a manager at the time tried to replicate it by buying Halford and Maierhoffer.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
If I remember correctly Delap took 33 throw ins .We were all bored ****less as he ambled over from side to side to take a throw

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
And yet some on here advocated bringing Pulis in if he left the Baggies
Stoke are light years better under Hughes

R

reanswolf

Yeah they don't play like that anymore. If we had been run by the two M's properly at critical times we would be with them. Sadly Stoke and Albion are shining examples of well run clubs whilst we were a shambles at times under the 2 M's.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I brought my Tranmere supporting friend to that. He said he'd rather watch them every week after that. I remember it was an early Ko and I was hanging. Awful

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anti football at its very worst. There have been some shocking proponents of this style: Bassett, Nigel, Beck, Bruce, Allardyce, McLeish, even dear old Jack Charlton but Pulis takes the biscuit for pushing it to the most disgusting level ever without an ounce of shame.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd had an absolute skin full the night before that match and maybe 3 or 4 hours sleep tops. I was so tired and bored during the game I nearly fell asleep, I did the old tilt my head on the persons next to me shoulder before jolting awake again. Dire match.

I'm sure it was our first season back up, seem to remember being fearful of Delap's throw but Hahnemann coping well with them all.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Live amongst them and had to put up with the 'banter' from some of their johnny come lately bandwagon jumping fans, including my brother in law (who used to have a Manchester United season ticket!).

I just smile safe in the knowledge that I'm a Wolves fan, I've always been a Wolves fan and will continue to be one until the day I die. I think that makes me better than them.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite strange to see how both clubs have gone since then.

Stoke are a totally different side now & I don't think anyone could have envisaged them having the type of players they do now.

Back
Top Bottom