Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Steve Bull Upper - Half Time

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This has been raised countless times but enough is enough, it needs to be sorted.

I very rarely buy anything from the kiosks but today I desperately needed a drink of water at half time. I got in the queue as the whistle went and by the time the second half was kicking off, no more than 10 people had been served in front of me and I had to turn back.

The staff are an absolute disgrace. Same slow, miserable idiots as last year. I don’t care if they are in minimum wage, if they don’t want to do the job then **** off and find someone who does. The contactless did nothing to speed up the rate of service either.

When I walked down at half time, the fridges were empty! Case on case of warm as **** Carling stacked up in the corner. No food either.

How hard is it to have one member of staff on the till and another fetch the order? Why don’t they have bottles lined up ready to go? Why do they spend 5 minutes looking for a bottle opener? Give them one each!! Why isn’t there a supervisor to monitor this?

It is an absolute disgrace as well as a safety hazard. God help us if there is ever an emergency in that stand.

I’ll learn and take my own water in with me next time, but it’s not the point. If the club sub contract this out, they should still make sure the company is fit for purpose and providing a decent level of service. I realise there are bigger problems in the world, but this is such an easily solved problem it’s ridiculous nothing is ever done about it!!!

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
NB was exactly same for me... the staff that served me before game and half time looked like zombies. Had that thousand yard stare.... would love vending machines in the Concourses instead, quick drink purchase with your card boom done. Leave the queues for the booze n hot food.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
NB was exactly same for me... the staff that served me before game and half time looked like zombies. Had that thousand yard stare.... would love vending machines in the Concourses instead, quick drink purchase with your card boom done. Leave the queues for the booze n hot food.

Good idea!

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cant believe how long it took to get served in the NB. No improvement at all.

TeddyWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This has been raised countless times but enough is enough, it needs to be sorted.

I very rarely buy anything from the kiosks but today I desperately needed a drink of water at half time. I got in the queue as the whistle went and by the time the second half was kicking off, no more than 10 people had been served in front of me and I had to turn back.

The staff are an absolute disgrace. Same slow, miserable idiots as last year. I don’t care if they are in minimum wage, if they don’t want to do the job then **** off and find someone who does. The contactless did nothing to speed up the rate of service either.

When I walked down at half time, the fridges were empty! Case on case of warm as **** Carling stacked up in the corner. No food either.

How hard is it to have one member of staff on the till and another fetch the order? Why don’t they have bottles lined up ready to go? Why do they spend 5 minutes looking for a bottle opener? Give them one each!! Why isn’t there a supervisor to monitor this?

It is an absolute disgrace as well as a safety hazard. God help us if there is ever an emergency in that stand.

I’ll learn and take my own water in with me next time, but it’s not the point. If the club sub contract this out, they should still make sure the company is fit for purpose and providing a decent level of service. I realise there are bigger problems in the world, but this is such an easily solved problem it’s ridiculous nothing is ever done about it!!!

Same story in the Billy Wright. It was like they didn't get the soft drink delivery until towards the end of the first half. A supervisor was running round like a mad man at half time with crates of coke.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Steve Bull upper strikes me as particularly bad. And I have frequented the kiosks of each stand on many an occasion.

Wswolf

Reaction score
The service in the billy wright was alrite. But drinks were warm. Surprised they hadnt been put in fridge earlier and saw.alot of ppl trying to pay cash and couldnt with alot not.being able to use a card they didnt have. Alot of drinks and food going to waste.

BuzzWolves

Groupie
Reaction score
The Hospitality in WV1 was nothing short of a shambles tonight

The highlight was my mate ordering his burger and chips at 6:45 and still waiting for it at full time
Did you get your prawn sandwich though?

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was expecting more from this new catering supplier tbh. It’s basically just some TV screens and different food in the hot cabinet.
Rest of it still looks like someone selling stuff out of their shed.

TeddyWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The service in the billy wright was alrite. But drinks were warm. Surprised they hadnt been put in fridge earlier and saw.alot of ppl trying to pay cash and couldnt with alot not.being able to use a card they didnt have. Alot of drinks and food going to waste.

Yes the service was fine and they had noticeably more staff on. They just hadn't stocked up for half time which is pretty unforgivable.

306NOTOUT

Did you get your prawn sandwich though?

No I had half cooked chicken in my chicken balti which some how in tonight’s heat was served luke warm at best.

I actually stopped the chef as he walked past at one point to ask him if my chicken was properly cooked.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BQ the same. Less choice than before and no water! The forecast has been known for a week. Hopeless

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
I thought the Billy Wright was much quicker than before, contactless definitely sped things up, just need to shift the people who like stand almost in the kiosks chatting but not buying to the other side of the concourse!

Also can the stadium management turn the half time entertainment down a tad so we can still talk to each other if we so wish. Tis a balance I accept but please find it :)

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sent my son for a water and chocolate bar at half time needed a sugar rush and was told its no longer sold how did that happen and you can have popcorn ?? I laughed at that till the lady next to me came back with a bag which is really cinema food ?

CITIZEN ERASED

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Expected a few teething problems today so didn't even bother going down.

Actually remarked to my mate that it seemed alot more people stayed in their seats at halftime than normal...so either thought same as me or were put off by the no cash, card only thing.

These issues need ironing out, I'm not going to spend £6 on a roti wrap but I will buy pies, beer and soft drinks but right now i'm going to quite happily refrain from doing so until I know I'm not going to get stuck in a massive queue or end up with warm drinks and undercooked food.

Ball is in your court Jeff and Co...
Take my money, or I'll happily let it sit in my bank.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Steve Bull upper strikes me as particularly bad. And I have frequented the kiosks of each stand on many an occasion.

It's a 40 yr old stand with serving hatches and no circulation space, and has always been the same (my mate's dad moved from there to the BW stand in 1993 because of this, and the cramped seats. I put up with it for 10 more years then got out, mainly because I couldn't take a **** and get a drink without missing the football so ended up not drinking/eating and not needing the toilet.
There's been no money spent for years on anything other than minor fitout and minimal maintenance because it's coming down and won't get any better until it's demolished and replaced.
If i remember right, after Steve Morgan's first walk round the stadium he marked the SB to be smashed as not fit for purpose, then strangely prioritised the North Bank first before he got stuck in the mud. So that was 12 years ago and it's still there !

Berkswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i thought we were going to be able to buy draft beers, but no. same old bottled stuff and not cold enough. Did I imagine the draft beers? or are they just not geared up yet. Service was no better than before either in the Family enclosure. Not allowed to take my bottle of caling to my seat, yet coke, water etc bottles are allowed. Whats that all about?

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sent my son for a water and chocolate bar at half time needed a sugar rush and was told its no longer sold how did that happen and you can have popcorn ?? I laughed at that till the lady next to me came back with a bag which is really cinema food ?
More mark up on popcorn.

Going to be a problem for diabetics who may need to intake some sugar quickly.

D

Deleted member 5276

Wow... this is so disheartening to read and it speaks very poorly of the matchday experience. It's not acceptable and Wolves should be making some very drastic changes in how things are done and staffed IMO. Really sorry that so many of you had a poor experience.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could of brought a ST in Steve Bull last season but as others have pointed out its well past its sell by date so i didn't purchase one.The main issue ,for me,is the toilet facilities and the time it takes to use them.
Was in the Steve Bull lower last season for Bournemouth game and it was ok for space.
Just seems the concourse in upper is very narrow for some peculiar reason.
Just hope it does get re-developed soon.

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't understand why they don't have fridge bins jotted around with a bloke and a card reader , seems so simple to take the strain off the cues where people want food

D

Deleted member 4453

More mark up on popcorn.

Going to be a problem for diabetics who may need to intake some sugar quickly.

There was literally nothing, not even normal cokes in the fridge.

Popcorn has sugar but no real carbs to it, which is why I ended up stumping up for a HOT sausage roll, that I couldn't effectively eat for 10 minutes because of the heat.

As said on the other thread not really sure why they have to get rid of those 'quick snacks as such

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not one to slate the club willy nilly but the catering is an absolute disgrace.

Come on Jeff sort it out

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plain fact is the target market for employment is youth, to be paid at minimum wage, and let's be honest they would rather glue their faces to their ****ing phones instead of working for their money

TeddyWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was this your first game since the 80's? Haven't been able to drink alcohol in view of the pitch since the Taylor Report.

The last time I was in Molineux before last night was the Rod Stewart concert, where you could drink in your seat. So last night I took my beer back to my seat without thinking, walking past two stewards. It wasn't until I was sat down drinking that I realised what a naughty rule breaker I was.

Wouldn't normally bother with stadium beer, but it was the only approximately cold drink they had and boy did I need it.

Last edited:

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wow... this is so disheartening to read and it speaks very poorly of the matchday experience. It's not acceptable and Wolves should be making some very drastic changes in how things are done and staffed IMO. Really sorry that so many of you had a poor experience.

Especially considering the recent ticket price hike, you'd have thought if you're paying more, the experience would improve too (disregarding what's happening on the pitch).

MinsterWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
From my experience and talking to others the whole place appeared a shambles last night which was a bit of a surprise given we have had capacity crowds all last season? Not enough food available, seriously slow service, and the pricing has gone up substantially. Aren't this new company supposed to be well known for doing football stadiums and big events? And was it them at the Rod Stewart gig too?

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i thought we were going to be able to buy draft beers, but no. same old bottled stuff and not cold enough. Did I imagine the draft beers? or are they just not geared up yet. Service was no better than before either in the Family enclosure. Not allowed to take my bottle of caling to my seat, yet coke, water etc bottles are allowed. Whats that all about?
I thought draft was mooted! Will miss Bristol City Butcombe on draft and short queues! Sounds like the catering is not an upgrade but commercial only.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was this your first game since the 80's? Haven't been able to drink alcohol in view of the pitch since the Taylor Report.
It is depressing that we accept this rubbish about not being able to drink and watch the game! Might as well live in China!

Back
Top Bottom