Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Staying @ Wolves - Traore or Trincao or Barca / Sporting Swap Deals??

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
The deal was a roll of the dice, he goes to Barca and tear's up the Camp Nou and we get £30m, he doesn't and he comes back and he can put the dreams of playing again for is hometown club behind him.

He either signs a new deal and commits and is integrated back into the squad or we get our money back in the summer. At least the limbo is over.

This as much about how we treat players and been seen as a pathway to Europe's elite as much as it was about the potential income.

Oh and we have no way of knowing if retaining him would have got us into Europe next season
Agreed

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The deal was a roll of the dice, he goes to Barca and tear's up the Camp Nou and we get £30m, he doesn't and he comes back and he can put the dreams of playing again for is hometown club behind him.

He either signs a new deal and commits and is integrated back into the squad or we get our money back in the summer. At least the limbo is over.

This as much about how we treat players and been seen as a pathway to Europe's elite as much as it was about the potential income.

Oh and we have no way of knowing if retaining him would have got us into Europe next season

I'm not sure we get our money back for him now tbh. His stock has fallen and he only has a year left on his contract.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

As evienced last night. His BIG problem remains being unable to make the right decisions.
Better keeping him out of your own box, as last night proved. Just tell him to stand on the half way line and be ready!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know he apparently wasn’t keen to play wingback for spurs, but now they are in the champions league I suspect that becomes a more appealing option.

I think he ends up at Spurs, playing right wing-back.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know he apparently wasn’t keen to play wingback for spurs, but now they are in the champions league I suspect that becomes a more appealing option.

I wouldn't be surprised, if he heads there with UCL secured

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He may have burnt his bridges at Spurs.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Get him to sign a new contract and start him every week. None of this coming on after 60 minutes bull****.

We've really missed him. I went back and watched some of the highlights earlier in the season. Villa 3-2, United 1-0 etc. and Traore played a big part in the goals even if he didn't score or assist. And we've been really flat and boring since he left.

It's a no brainer bringing him back into the fold unless he really doesn't want to be here.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think he frightens the manager he actually plays for to, because you dont know what hes going to do or turn up in the game
Well he started in Barca’s last game. Barca lost 2-0 and one of the goals conceded came from a mis hit clearance from Traore. He had some shots at the goal too, but sky’ed them. Just about sums up many of his games unfortunately.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You think Spurs would want him to do defensive duties after what he did last night?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

How can you still not see it?

It wasn't a roll of the dice. If he did well they would NOT have paid £30m, there's absolutely no chance of it. He had a year left on his deal and they could pick him up on a pre-contract in six months. There was no way on earth they were paying £30m for him.

We will also do well to get £18m for him, he has a year left.

Nobody really disputes your valid point about the pathway to Europe's elite but it's irrelevant to this. The problem was the deal. As I've said many times on this thread, every player in our squad would do anything to move to Barcelona, it doesn't mean you give them away. They're grown ups, they know the score. Barcelona (or anyone) put up the money to reflect your value, you can go. If they don't, you stay. It's really that simple.

You can claim we have no way of knowing if he would've got us into Europe which is technically true but deep down everyone knows our chances of reaching Europe were increased if Traore was at the club. We were doing very well with him, we've been awful without him, those are the facts.

It really was one of the worst deals I've ever seen from a football club. Ever.
All transfers come with uncertainty but we knowingly ****ed ourselves on both a sporting and financial perspective in one deal. It's insane.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a few others have suggested, I still see the likelihood of a three way deal here…

Traore to Barca for 25m
Trincao to Wolves for 25m
Trincao to Sporting for 25m
Palhinha to Wolves for 25m

Of course all those 25m’s net out to zero, leaving just agent (Mendes) and signing fees.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a few others have suggested, I still see the likelihood of a three way deal here…

Traore to Barca for 25m

Of course all those 25m’s net out to zero, leaving just agent (Mendes) and signing fees.

There is no way Traore is going to Barca now. It's been disastrous.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Traore to Barca for 25m

If past experiences have taught me anything, it's that whenever a three way appears to be a possibility, it rarely comes to fruition.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever fun and games people imagine on the Mendes carousel, there surely can be no motivation for Barcelona to buy him.

They only took him on a no risk, no fee basis to add another easy option to their squad for the run-in. Even had he ripped the league up, I seriously doubt they would have paid 30 million when Traore only has 12 months on his deal remaining.

As it turns out, he has not made any impact of note, so I can't see them having any motivation to pursue this any further. I don't think Trincao would even want to sign permanently for us in any case.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
How can you still not see it?

It wasn't a roll of the dice. If he did well they would NOT have paid £30m, there's absolutely no chance of it. He had a year left on his deal and they could pick him up on a pre-contract in six months. There was no way on earth they were paying £30m for him.

We will also do well to get £18m for him, he has a year left.

Nobody really disputes your valid point about the pathway to Europe's elite but it's irrelevant to this. The problem was the deal. As I've said many times on this thread, every player in our squad would do anything to move to Barcelona, it doesn't mean you give them away. They're grown ups, they know the score. Barcelona (or anyone) put up the money to reflect your value, you can go. If they don't, you stay. It's really that simple.

You can claim we have no way of knowing if he would've got us into Europe which is technically true but deep down everyone knows our chances of reaching Europe were increased if Traore was at the club. We were doing very well with him, we've been awful without him, those are the facts.

It really was one of the worst deals I've ever seen from a football club. Ever.
All transfers come with uncertainty but we knowingly ****ed ourselves on both a sporting and financial perspective in one deal. It's insane.
Truth is we only see what we're allowed to see about the deal. Traore doesn't strike me as a "tools down" type of player but we may have already had some kind of agreement in place with him, should they come knocking. Then we have no idea what was discussed between us and Barca, not what was agreed but what was discussed.

We are a small club and through Mendes we are attempting to build a relationship with Barca, that's pretty obvious. Unfortunately Barca hold the upper hand right now, but somewhere down the line old Jorge is going to extract a gem from them and send them over to Wolverhampton.

It wasn't great for us but something that those that know ak=ll the fact thought it our best option

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@Glass ankles We've already got a POLL here for Trincao why start another thread ?
Plus Trincao is going back to Barca and then signing for Sporting CP on loan next season by all accounts.

Last edited:

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All for selling Traore as he isn't good enough but i do feel for him over this Barca move. What on earth were people thinking. Not good enough for mid table prem but somehow they figured one of the biggest clubs in the world would be a smart move. It is like letting a five year old drive a car.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The Traore to Barca loan was never about Traore and all about Barca.
Diogo Jota might be about to lift the Champions League. Neves is about to go to an elite club (possibly Barca.) Wolves facillitated Traore playing for his dream club.

Wolves can now sell themselves to prospective young talented signings as a direct track to the very top clubs. Come play for us, do well, and you end up at a Liverpool or Barcelona.

That's what the loan was about.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Diogo Jota might be about to lift the Champions League. Neves is about to go to an elite club (possibly Barca.) Wolves facillitated Traore playing for his dream club.

Wolves can now sell themselves to prospective young talented signings as a direct track to the very top clubs. Come play for us, do well, and you end up at a Liverpool or Barcelona.

I think the loan was about trying to get money for Traore before he became a free agent and we’d get nothing.

Also, the fact that we don’t get a loan fee, leads me to think that the deal is permeant after the season is over.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see if Barca's position change if Dembele leaves.
They want Raphina but they can't afford him either.
They are like a kid in a sweet shop with 15p to spend at the moment. Reality will soon hit them.
Yup they still think, entitled brats that they are, that they can grab any player they want. Even though they have stabilised their finances that isn't so anymore. Reality will dawn....

Hopefully Mbappe shows that the same thing is happening to Real. The sheer arrogance of both clubs over the last 30+ years means that l wish neither anything good (although l would rather Ruben goes to one of the two than anywhere in England if he does leave to pursue his dreams).

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Traore to Barca for 25m

If (and that's a bloody big if) it comes off that is probably, unless Traore comes back signs a new contract and shines, the least bad solution.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think Barca would even entertain swapping him for Trincao now. I'd be amazed if they want him there given how poorly has has done for them.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Too much sense in this post.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Adama hired Mendes to get him a move, Mendes offered him to Barcelona when the Spurs offer was not to his liking, that’s the way it was widely reported.
Wolves just wanted him to sign the contract they had offered him, but were not going to stand in his way.
But it’s all gone tits up one way or another.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I dont think Barca would even entertain swapping him for Trincao now. I'd be amazed if they want him there given how poorly has has done for them.
They want shot of Trincao's wages in a big, big way.

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Interestingly enough he is part of the Barca squad down here in Sydney that will play an exhibition here tomorrow night.

Why are on earth are we allowing a guy on our books to be playing exhibitions in foreign countries? This "loan" deal is straight madness, if he gets injured tomorrow night it would complete this farce.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Adama hired Mendes to get him a move, Mendes offered him to Barcelona when the Spurs offer was not to his liking, that’s the way it was widely reported.
Wolves just wanted him to sign the contract they had offered him, but were not going to stand in his way.
But it’s all gone tits up one way or another.
It feels like when a small child declares they're leaving home and you do them some sandwiches, pack their Peppa Pig back pack, help them on with their coat and wellies and wave them off from the doorstep. You just know what's happening next......

Maybe Shi asked Barca to do them a favour, knowing he'd be coming back to sign on the dotted line with an agreement on a deal for Neves?

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It feels like when a small child declares they're leaving home and you do them some sandwiches, pack their Peppa Pig back pack, help them on with their coat and wellies and wave them off from the doorstep. You just know what's happening next......

Maybe Shi asked Barca to do them a favour, knowing he'd be coming back to sign on the dotted line with an agreement on a deal for Neves?
Truth is, nobody really knows.

And that probably includes Adama.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interestingly enough he is part of the Barca squad down here in Sydney that will play an exhibition here tomorrow night.

Why are on earth are we allowing a guy on our books to be playing exhibitions in foreign countries? This "loan" deal is straight madness, if he gets injured tomorrow night it would complete this farce.
The squad for Australia

Yep, this is a weird one. Unless, having already pulled our pants down, Barca are shafting us at will.

Back
Top Bottom