Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Staying @ Wolves - Traore or Trincao or Barca / Sporting Swap Deals??

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it was done in panic to deflect from the lack of other activity. But it didn't work, because fans saw straight through it.
Christ, we’re in big trouble if Wolves mgt. are doing multi pound deals in panic .
Also, considering we fans don’t know the details of either of the Traore or Trincao contracts, how could we see through them?

Rabid Wolf

Reaction score
Hear me out with my mad theory.
We swap Traore for Trincao,
Barca then use Traore as a bargaining chip as he is wanted by Leeds for Raphina who is wanted by Barca. We then have a bargaining chip in Trincao who is wanted by Sporting and we want either one or both of their centre midfielders. Mendes gets paid loads and we benefit. It’s better than having Traore leave for 10-15m or nothing in 12 months and loan to buys could be used to offset transfer money etc
That's not a bad idea but knowing our recruitment team they'll allow Barca a 30% sell on fee for Trincao.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After already pandering to fans by signing Hwang earlier than we needed to….
How on gods beautiful green earth, was signing Hwang, ‘pandering to fans’?
Are you drunk?
I don’t know anyone who thought this was anything other than a PR exercise for the Korean market.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you drunk?
I don’t know anyone who thought this was anything other than a PR exercise for the Korean market.

We didn't need to do it. We had until this summer to exercise the deal and could have waited.

They pulled the trigger early, to try and appease fans for lack of other activity in January.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A guy called Adama Traore scored agin Barcelona tonight in a friendly.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you drunk?
Crickey……I hate to think we hired a guy as a pr exercise. That would be pretty stupid.
No one in the PL would do that.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully they keep him then and also take the Trinc back, as he really is pretty much useless!
I can certainly understand where you´re coming from.
Trincao has been frustrating to watch more or less all season.
I still think there is a really useful footballer hiding there somewhere though.
I think there is potential for some great and rapid progress regarding Trincao...he could very well be a different player next season.
Adama is gone..I wouldn´t mind using him as a tool to get us to keep Trincao.
There is a footballer there...you might wanna shoot me for saying this if Trincao continues to be pretty pants pre WC break..it´s my opinion though and Trinc has allready start to look a lot better given his last performances IMHO.
I´d keep him if possible.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think I’d rather swap Traore for that Nico Barcelona have than Trincao .

Not that I’ve ever actually seen Nico kick a football!...

T

TheConcourse

Curious if there’s any link between some senior players see a player like Adama go to Barca and the wanting a fresh challenge in the summer/performance levels dropping.

Probably not, and impossible to measure, but throwing it out there.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think I’d rather swap Traore for that Nico Barcelona have than Trincao .

Not that I’ve ever actually seen Nico kick a football!...
Besides Trincao there are a couple of players Barcelona may consider swapping for Adama Traore.. Rigui Puig and as you say Nico González

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd see if Sporting would take Trinaco and the Money they owe us for Vinagre cancelled out for João Palinha.

That way just do an Afobe type deal and everyone is happy.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd see if Sporting would take Trinaco and the Money they owe us for Vinagre cancelled out for João Palinha.

That way just do an Afobe type deal and everyone is happy.
@Dan G WWFC I agree this could turnout to be a triangle affair of 3 clubs concerned here with lack of funds from Barca & Sporting making it easier for all these deals

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@Dan G WWFC I agree this could turnout to be a triangle affair of 3 clubs concerned here with lack of funds from Barca & Sporting making it easier for all these deals

I think the club that wouldn't want that is Barca, I don't think they actually want to keep Adama. I think they just wanted him for cover.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the club that wouldn't want that is Barca, I don't think they actually want to keep Adama. I think they just wanted him for cover.
Maybe so @Dan G WWFC with Adama yet I can see where your coming from with Sporting CP with Trincao, Vinagre & Joao Palhinha..
It will all become clearer within the next 2 months

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You don't get it, Traore doesn't want to be at Wolves he won't sign the contract. So get rid of him.
That's not the whole truth though. Apparently he loved wolves but (1) his agent was hanging out for a top deal when his value was highest and (2) adama got a dream loan move.

Never heard anything about him not enjoying wolves or bad behaviour. Am sure he'd be happy to be back, even if he'd prefer barca, but it depends on contracts and possibly also playing in europe.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat but usually as a supersub and def not as top earner.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I think he'll just wait his contract out now and get a pretty good deal somewhere with a bigger signing on fee.

With only a year to go no point signing a lesser deal than us

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If that's true it makes the loan fee look much better.
Jeff Shi, Sellars & Co messed up a bit with the Adama loan to Barca concerning the deal but looks like they got it right with Trincao loan deal fine details at least

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How the thump does that work? Is there are reciprocal arrangement with Adama.?

Interesting question, but I don’t think Barca paid a hefty loan fee, so probably not.

It looks like a creative way to buy 20% of the economic rights to a player while also getting their services on loan for a year.

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

This deal along with the Traore "gift" loan (Barca had zero intention of paying a fee for Traore) really does confirm Jeff is either starstruck by Barca or Mendes is making him do absurd deals to the benefit of his influence over Barca. What an absurd amount of money to pay for a season long loan of an unproven 21 year old on the wing and a prayer of Barca. So now we aren't buying Trincao and will only get our money back from the loan fee if Barca sell him for over 25 million pounds, what a garbage deal. A "self sufficient" project and Jeff is doing deals like this? Give it a rest.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This deal along with the Traore "gift" loan (Barca had zero intention of paying a fee for Traore) really does confirm Jeff is either starstruck by Barca or Mendes is making him do absurd deals to the benefit of his influence over Barca. What an absurd amount of money to pay for a season long loan of an unproven 21 year old on the wing and a prayer of Barca. So now we aren't buying Trincao and will only get our money back from the loan fee if Barca sell him for over 25 million pounds, what a garbage deal. A "self sufficient" project and Jeff is doing deals like this? Give it a rest.
Villa paid 12m to loan Ross Barkley for 12 months.....in terms of a loan deal trincao is financially a good deal...in comparison to most loan deals

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Think it through properly.

£5m is a pretty normal loan fee for a 21 year old (i.e. on his way up) player of his value, and in the end we're quite likely to have had him for the year for almost nothing, thanks to the 20%. The fact it didn't work out on the pitch doesn't change that.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

£5m is a pretty normal loan fee for a 21 year old (i.e. on his way up) player of his value, and in the end we're quite likely to have had him for the year for almost nothing, thanks to the 20%. The fact it didn't work out on the pitch doesn't change that.

My understanding is we paid a £5.2m loan fee for the season. We then have to pay a further £5.2m for not making the deal permanent but to (hopefully) offset that second payment, we get 20% of a future sell-on (although it looks like he is set for another loan to Sporting Lisbon).

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My understanding is we paid a £5.2m loan fee for the season. We then have to pay a further £5.2m for not making the deal permanent but to (hopefully) offset that second payment, we get 20% of a future sell-on (although it looks like he is set for another loan to Sporting Lisbon).

My understanding is that it's just the one fee, i.e. £5.2m if we don't sign him, or £25m if we had.

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

On his way up? His value had dropped since Barca paid Braga a fortune for him and it continues to drop, Barca desperately wanted him off their books and they saw this starstruck mug who doesn't know football called Jeff Shi come along. 5.1 million + wages is absurd period, Jeff was totally hoodwinked by the sell-on fee, why does he think Barcelona even offered that? Barca know they're not getting their money back so they found a sucker to pay them 5 million of it and cover his wages for a season, then Jeffrey went ahead and gave them Traore for nothing and killed our season just to rub the salt in, what a mug.

Back
Top Bottom