Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Staying @ Wolves - Traore or Trincao or Barca / Sporting Swap Deals??

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Playing devil's advocate for a second. I think we can all -both those pro and anti Traore- see that he has the tools to be the player we need him to be. But clearly he's always been a Barcelona boy at heart and that itch was always going to be there. Now he's been there, seen that it's not going to work out. Also seen that his other alternatives seem to be to go somewhere like Spurs and play in a position he doesn't like. So the end result of this Barcelona loan could be that he comes back here ready to focus on being here and becoming the player we want him to be.

Doesn't that all feel a bit like the spouse who ran off with the supermodel, only to be dumped and come crawling back?

We've moved on.

I don't think either Traore or Wolves see his future here. I think he will go to Spurs for £10-15m and play right wing-back.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I think Goncalves (Pote) and Vitinha will become Portugal regulars over the next few seasons.

In a different reality, this could have been our starting midfield and front 3 this season.....

Neves---Vitinha

Pote----------Jota
Mir
Liverpool were said to have been in for Adama before Jota was sold. Nuno backed Adama and lost faith in Jota. But in hindsight, selling them Adama would have been the better option.

We chose not to spend the £18m option on Vitinha, yet he has gone on to star for Porto this season and is being linked with £40m moves to top clubs.

We have taken Hwang and Trincao on options to buy this season. We have already taken up Hwang's option, but it's likely we won't take up Trincao's.

I just hope we haven't backed the wrong horse again!!

Agree with this completely. And it's why I still want us to sign Trincao.

Yes, on a case-by-case basis there can be justifications for the decisions. Mir was struggling to settle and then Raul came in and took off. Goncalves wanted to go home. Jota was out of form while Adama was looking exciting. Vitinha struggled to impose himself (in limited time) and Trincao has had the same problem.

But the overall pattern is a problem. They are all talented players who have decided to move on -or been moved on. That lineup you put there would be a top 6 team now.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Doesn't that all feel a bit like the spouse who ran off with the supermodel, only to be dumped and come crawling back?

We've moved on.

I don't think either Traore or Wolves see his future here. I think he will go to Spurs for £10-15m and play right wing-back.

I agree. Just looking for a positive as a thought experiement.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Adama has played really well when he has actually played at Barca. Was just unlucky that a £100m player came in, finally decided to put some performances in and is just a better all-round player. No shame in that from Adama’s perspective and I don’t remotely blame Barca. We essentially gave them a free option to booster their squad at a time where they needed it.

Unfortunately, it massively impacted our season as despite the flaws in Adama’s game, his ability to transition us up the pitch have masked some far deeper (and longer-standing flaws) in our attacking play. We haven’t been a better or more fluid side without him since the second half of our first season back.

The following season, we started awfully and that only really changed when we went back to a 3-4-3 away at Palace where he set up a last minute equaliser for Diogo. And our best run of form came either side of lockdown when he, Raul and one of Diogo or Neto were all playing. Last year, we had a spell of 8 games where when he wasn’t on the pitch, we scored twice (one of which was Vitinha’s 40-yard goal against Chorley). And he was one of the few who stepped up when we needed him most with vital individual contributions against Leeds, Sheff Utd and Fulham. And performances since he left this year have dropped drastically (ironically, we looked best in those first three games with a front line of him, Raul and Trincao).

He’s not perfect but as much as I would have liked us to have magically transformed into some fluid, sexy footballing machine in his absence(s), that simply hasn’t happened. And in the absence of that, frustratingly, it has taken someone who has similar abilities in Chiquinho to spark any form of Plan B.

As for the future. I don’t see him signing a new deal with us so realistically, the best we can hope for is a swap with Trincao and then make a decision as to whether we can flip that deal for Palhinha.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama has played really well when he has actually played at Barca. Was just unlucky that a £100m player came in, finally decided to put some performances in and is just a better all-round player. No shame in that from Adama’s perspective and I don’t remotely blame Barca. We essentially gave them a free option to booster their squad at a time where they needed it.

Unfortunately, it massively impacted our season as despite the flaws in Adama’s game, his ability to transition us up the pitch have masked some far deeper (and longer-standing flaws) in our attacking play. We haven’t been a better or more fluid side without him since the second half of our first season back.

The following season, we started awfully and that only really changed when we went back to a 3-4-3 away at Palace where he set up a last minute equaliser for Diogo. And our best run of form came either side of lockdown when he, Raul and one of Diogo or Neto were all playing. Last year, we had a spell of 8 games where when he wasn’t on the pitch, we scored twice (one of which was Vitinha’s 40-yard goal against Chorley). And he was one of the few who stepped up when we needed him most with vital individual contributions against Leeds, Sheff Utd and Fulham. And performances since he left this year have dropped drastically (ironically, we looked best in those first three games with a front line of him, Raul and Trincao).

He’s not perfect but as much as I would have liked us to have magically transformed into some fluid, sexy footballing machine in his absence(s), that simply hasn’t happened. And in the absence of that, frustratingly, it has taken someone who has similar abilities in Chiquinho to spark any form of Plan B.

As for the future. I don’t see him signing a new deal with us so realistically, the best we can hope for is a swap with Trincao and then make a decision as to whether we can flip that deal for Palhinha.
After those first few games people were pointing at Adama saying if only he could finish...... Whereas in reality Trincao can only play 60 minutes and Raul just isn't the same player as before.
I'd defo have him back but like you say, he's got dreams of Barca and definitely not sitting on a midtable team's bench.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This I absolutely agree with. Can't every Wolves fan see that the drop in form has coincided with Adama leaving us and picked up in form suddenly at Chelsea when Chiquinho came on. Fans forget no matter if Adama didn't have that finishing touch every time. Whereas he always took 2 or 3 players out of the game even by just marking him. To free up the space for our strikers Raul, Fabio, Hwang or Neto to move into.

Least we forget the last home game Adama played in was a 3-1 win against Southampton and Adama scored goal number 3 :)

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's worth noting that the version of Dembele that has shown up since Adama's arrival, is the version they have been waiting to turn up since they signed him for £100m nearly 5 years ago. He's been nothing short of sensational.

I still think Adama's future might be decided by whether Dembele chooses to sign a new deal at Barca, or move on.

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
After those first few games people were pointing at Adama saying if only he could finish...... Whereas in reality Trincao can only play 60 minutes and Raul just isn't the same player as before.
I'd defo have him back but like you say, he's got dreams of Barca and definitely not sitting on a midtable team's bench.

Despite my defence of Adama, the one thing I have always criticised him for is his lack of goals. But again, none of our forwards have really contributed in that respect for a long time now.

Like you, I’d love him back. But if someone said to me now that we’d have a front six next season that looked something like…

Palhinha
Nunes, Vitinha/MGW
Trincao/Pedrinho, Silva/Raul, Neto/Podence

…I’d be more than happy with that and pretty excited about the type of football they could play.

Would just love Adama and/or Chiquinho as an alternative option in games where things aren’t working out or we need pace on the counter.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This I absolutely agree with. Can't every Wolves fan see that the drop in form has coincided with Adama leaving us and picked up in form suddenly at Chelsea when Chiquinho came on. Fans forget no matter if Adama didn't have that finishing touch every time. Whereas he always took 2 or 3 players out of the game even by just marking him. To free up the space for our strikers Raul, Fabio, Hwang or Neto to move into.

Least we forget the last home game Adama played in was a 3-1 win against Southampton and Adama scored goal number 3 :)

I'd underestimated the impact he had on the crowd at Molineux too.

How many home games have we been behind in since January, where the atmosphere is just flat because we all know there's no hope of anything changing?

Chiquinho was the only player that provided any hope or excitement against Norwich on Sunday.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've said it a couple of times already. Adama to Barcelona was all about getting Dembele to get his **** together. Nothing else.
He's marmite here, but he's a model pro and a decent human being. Someone at Barca needs a slap for treating him like ****.
Really annoyed at their lack of professionalism in this deal.

I don't know what I find more complexing. That sombody at wolves thought it was a good deal or that Adama thought he was going to be successful there.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know what I find more complexing. That sombody at wolves thought it was a good deal or that Adama thought he was going to be successful there.

But if you ask our fans he’s the most important player in the world…despite hardy playing this year.

Surely if he’s that good:
- we were certain Barca would buy
- he was sketching his statue for outside the nou camp

Only logical conclusion is…he’s not actually much use to either team. And my god aren’t we tried of talking about a guy with such a terrible goals/assists record that doesn’t want to play for wolves yet?

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think Goncalves (Pote) and Vitinha will become Portugal regulars over the next few seasons.

In a different reality, this could have been our starting midfield and front 3 this season.....

Neves---Vitinha

Pote----------Jota
Mir
Liverpool were said to have been in for Adama before Jota was sold. Nuno backed Adama and lost faith in Jota. But in hindsight, selling them Adama would have been the better option.

We chose not to spend the £18m option on Vitinha, yet he has gone on to star for Porto this season and is being linked with £40m moves to top clubs.

We have taken Hwang and Trincao on options to buy this season. We have already taken up Hwang's option, but it's likely we won't take up Trincao's.

not forgetting the links we previously had to Telles, Cancelo, Dias, Botman/Caleta-Car

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don’t think his absence massively impacted our season at all. Actually, very little impact. ( I’m talking wins or draws). If he’d stayed, I doubt we’d be much different than we are now.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think his absence massively impacted our season at all. Actually, very little impact. ( I’m talking wins or draws). If he’d stayed, I doubt we’d be much different than we are now.
Yet the facts are we’ve been awful since he left.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
not forgetting the links we previously had to Telles, Cancelo, Dias, Botman/Caleta-Car
None of which came. Could we not afford their wages or match their ambition?
You could probably go through top half of prem teams and they could've had a title winning team if only they made the right decisions.

Traores frustrating even when he doesn't play! Didn't think we'd miss him quite as much as we have!!

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trolling?

No.

It was an assessment based on truths rather than just bias.

- He did start well

- Dembele's form meant he was then benched.

- Their is questions to be asked of how he's been treated. Certain aspects of which we don't know.

- Unquestionably an individual with such obvious attributes does impact the way opposition managers and players approach facing us when they're in the team or otherwise.

I appreciate you don't rate him at all. I don't think that takes a genius to conclude. Personally I do. And I feel we're a lesser and certainly duller side without him. And the post I referenced I felt was a balanced well thought analysis of the situation.

Tring Wolf

Reaction score

We’ll respectfully have to agree to disagree. Think he would have been ideal to come on in both the Arsenal and Leeds games (where after the sending off we ended up with Trincao and Podence trying in vain to retain possession which allowed Leeds to push higher up the pitch knowing we had no threat in behind).

May not have scored himself but think he would have contributed to chances in tight games as he did against Utd and Villa away.

Perhaps most importantly, I don’t think we’d have lost momentum to the extent that we did.

Obviously subjective but I reckon it may have cost us somewhere between 4-9 points, which could prove crucial at the end of the season.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No.

- He did start well

- Their is questions to be asked of how he's been treated. Certain aspects of which we don't know.

- Unquestionably an individual with such obvious attributes does impact the way opposition managers and players approach facing us when they're in the team or otherwise.

I appreciate you don't rate him at all. I don't think that takes a genius to conclude. Personally I do. And I feel we're a lesser and certainly duller side without him. And the post I referenced I felt was a balanced well thought analysis of the situation.

Genuinely fascinates me what makes a “rational argument” on molmix. Enough “obviously”s, a few dollops of “it’s clear”, stir in with some kind of conspiracy theory, and boom! You’ve got yourself a solid molmix FACT :D

Xavi making a 26 year old guy move jobs and move house for 6 months to make a point to Dembele. It’s like something from Its Aways Sunny in Philadelphia

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Portuguese league suits his game better.He doesn"t like the intensity or physical side of the premier.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No.

- He did start well

Serious question. Do you think we should sell him or, if he won't sign a contract extension, let him go for free.
Personally, I'd sell him.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Serious question. Do you think we should sell him or, if he won't sign a contract extension, let him go for free.
Personally, I'd sell him.

I'd offer him a new contract and if that isn't agreed consider offers above 15m but anything less and we may as well just keep him and let him go on a free.

A lot can change in a season.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Neves---Vitinha

Pote----------Jota
Mir

Re your last two paras think one, whilst having been disappointing may prove to be a thoroughbred, whereas the one we've backed is more likely to appear in the donkey Derby.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is adama doesn't want to be at Wolves we are told so let's get some money for him. Trincao has the capability to unlock defences but seems a mood player, i would like to have him in the squad next season and hope he has now settled in the requirements of our league. With the possibility of 5 first teamers going it should be a busy summer.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry I bow down to your superior knowledge of football and what Xavi and Barcelona are thinking and doing.

Don’t you hear the thoughts of random ex-players? I thought we all did

I’ve got Jason Lee, he just pictures running over Baddeil & Skinner all the time - not as exciting

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is adama doesn't want to be at Wolves we are told so let's get some money for him. Trincao has the capability to unlock defences but seems a mood player, i would like to have him in the squad next season and hope he has now settled in the requirements of our league. With the possibility of 5 first teamers going it should be a busy summer.
I don’t think either of them want to be here to be honest, I think Mendes is going to pull a few strings to try and please all parties.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
None of which came. Could we not afford their wages or match their ambition?
You could probably go through top half of prem teams and they could've had a title winning team if only they made the right decisions.

Traores frustrating even when he doesn't play! Didn't think we'd miss him quite as much as we have!!
Yeh I agree completely. Just saying if things had came off one way or another we could have had one hell of a side!!

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet the facts are we’ve been awful since he left.
Not true , weren’t we the 3rd highest scorers in the league and points scorers this year up until maybe the beginning of March ? I’d say the injuries to neves , kilman and largely podence have contributed the most us being so bad the last 13 games or so not Adama going …

D

Deleted member drgr12429

n
No they can't on the former. That's because they believe the only metric to judge him by is goals and assists. And spot on with the rest.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Sorry I bow down to your superior knowledge of football and what Xavi and Barcelona are thinking and doing.
You don't have to. Why not do your research into the subject rather than just reading **** off here, then come back and acknowledge i was correct. We can all be smart arses.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

For ‘quite a claim’ read ‘wild unsubstantiated speculation’.
ha ha. Funny **** eh? If you actually read up about the situation before Traore got there you'd understand. They'd been trying to get Dembele off the books because not only had he been playing ****, he was also on huge wages. But they had no right winger close to his supposed talent. So as they really wanted it to work out they needed to figure out a solution.
Low and behold they have a chance to get a very similar player not only on loan, but wage free till the end of the season. Not only that he would do anything to go there. So said player takes a wage cut to go there in his excitement. He gets there to a huge fanfare and gets put in the side almost straight away. He plays great getting 4 assists in 4 games, and really impressing the fans.
So, job done eh? Seemingly not. Because after this impressive run of form suddenly Dembele get picked from nowhere, and starts playing ahead of Traore,who has inexplicably been relegated to the bench ever since. Surprisingly now Dembele wants to renegotiate his contract and stay at Barca..

Exactly what Xavi wanted all along.

You believe what you want to. I'll believe what i can clearly see based on the facts that are there to read about the situation.
You didn't even read a thing before posting that response did you? Or the guy before you.

Last edited by a moderator:

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
ha ha. Funny **** eh? If you actually read up about the situation before Traore got there you'd understand. They'd been trying to get Dembele off the books because not only had he been playing ****, he was also on huge wages. But they had no right winger close to his supposed talent. So as they really wanted it to work out they needed to figure out a solution.
Low and behold they have a chance to get a very similar player not only on loan, but wage free till the end of the season. Not only that he would do anything to go there. So said player takes a wage cut to go there in his excitement. He gets there to a huge fanfare and gets put in the side almost straight away. He plays great getting 4 assists in 4 games, and really impressing the fans.
So, job done eh? Seemingly not. Because after this impressive run of form suddenly Dembele get picked from nowhere, and starts playing ahead of Traore,who has inexplicably been relegated to the bench ever since. Surprisingly now Dembele wants to renegotiate his contract and stay at Barca..

Exactly what Xavi wanted all along.

You believe what you want to. I'll believe what i can clearly see based on the facts that are there to read about the situation.
You didn't even read a thing before posting that response did you? Or the guy before you.

You're wasting your time mate.

Some people will only ever see numbers when it comes to Traore. Rather than the fact we play the most negative dross imaginable in an attacking sense and Kevin De Bruyne would struggle to muster an assist in our setup

Or the reality that most full backs in the league would lose in a 1v1 against him.

All whilst completely ignoring how generally ineffective every other winger we have is.

Back
Top Bottom