Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Staying @ Wolves - Traore or Trincao or Barca / Sporting Swap Deals??

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People keep repeating this 130k wage thing, has anyone got any link to show that? Genuine question as it gets repeated a lot, but the only thing I’ve seen online is that he’s on €75k.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He’s obviously very talented but he needs to be consistent which he isn’t, he can’t just play well 20 mins one every now and again. Would love to keep him, if he plays well every game until the end of the season now might give him a chance.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao clearly has some talent, and I would not be shocked to see him become a top player. For the most part though he has struggled here.

I’m a little torn on him tbh, but I’d still be tempted to do a swap with Barca if its an option? I can’t see Traore signing a new deal or us getting a particularly good fee elsewhere, so its perhaps worth the gamble? Especially if we can build the squad sufficiently to enable us play a more attacking formation next season. We might well see a lot more from him if that happens?

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would buy Trincao if he's up for staying. Just a bit too much talent at a young age to let go.
He's actually created a lot of chances for himself this season. Yes he's missed plenty, but at times he's been unlucky with the woodwork, a great save or a brilliant block. He could easily have been our top scorer (not that it's saying much !)

Redrockwanderer

Reaction score
Personally, I’d sign Trincao… he’s showing signs of adapting well to the league recently. Next season, he could really kick on!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao clearly has some talent, and I would not be shocked to see him become a top player. For the most part though he has struggled here.

I’m a little torn on him tbh, but I’d still be tempted to do a swap with Barca if its an option? I can’t see Traore signing a new deal or us getting a particularly good fee elsewhere, so its perhaps worth the gamble? Especially if we can build the squad sufficiently to enable us play a more attacking formation next season. We might well see a lot more from him if that happens?

I think I may be in the same camp. If Barca really are not willing to spend cash on Traore as it’s reported, then a swap for Trincao may well be our best chance of getting value for Traore and a player with good potential who has PL experience and who knows our system now. Wages are an issue though, for the same reasons they were for giving Traore the deal he felt he deserved, and that might also be a problem for Barca signing Traore even if we did a straight swap.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd take Trincao if we can do something with his wages. At least it gets Traore of the books and we could get something for Trincao if it doesn't work out. We might get more out of him if he feels he's wanted here
Agree. A straight swop looks the best we could still get out of the Barca deal. I can only assume it was this calculation that prompted us to agree to it in the first place. He has certainly not done enough to warrant exercising the option to buy for cash, but would probably be worth more on the books than a returned Adama. Don't know if that solution is still open to us however?

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree. A straight swop looks the best we could still get out of the Barca deal. I can only assume it was this calculation that prompted us to agree to it in the first place. He has certainly not done enough to warrant exercising the option to buy for cash, but would probably be worth more on the books than a returned Adama. Don't know if that solution is still open to us however?
I wonder if Barca now want Traore in any event or if he now wants to be there. Must be a defining moment in his career.

Last edited:

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure Adama would want to stay at Barca now anyway. Trinc bliws hot and cold. Sell Adama to anyone, loan Trinc for 1 more season with option to buy.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he can get us up the pitch, but he doesn't really himself provide much threat in our system and proof is there to back it up.

The thing i'm not getting is people saying we should get him back and offer him the same or an improved contract to sign up again. I wouldnt be against him signing a new deal, but nowhere near the same contract we offered him before because he just hasnt performed anywhere near enough to be one of our best paid players.
I wouldn't have him back.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty crazy that posters want him to stay now after one good cameo. I remember there was a similar sentiment expressed on here after the Leeds game and then he put in a string of abject performances.
The only two games where he's got a good amount of minutes under his belt since Leeds has been Villa & Newcastle. He looked decent against Villa, linking up with Fabio etc. and I don't think you can hold it solely against him for his performance vs Newcastle as the whole team was terrible that day.

Other than that, in his last 5 appearances (3 of which were off the bench), he's got 2 goals & 1 assist now. Clearly showing signs of improvement & worth the gamble imo.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems quite clear to me he's an attacking midfielder rather than a winger. Particularly in the system we play where for any winger to be effective they have to regularly be able to beat 2 men due to isolation, it's a big ask for someone without any real pace.

Clearly has ability. When he's been played more through the middle he's looked dangerous. I don't get why we haven't tried it more.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The option to buy Trinao was reported to be £25 million in the summer. If the fee could be negotiated down to £10 million or less with additional fees related to qualifying for Europe, etc., maybe that would be a gamble worth taking.

If it's still £25 million take it or leave it, then I'd leave it. That's a gamble not worth taking in my opinion.

With all the data floating around these days, surely analysts can find someone much cheaper.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The only two games where he's got a good amount of minutes under his belt since Leeds has been Villa & Newcastle. He looked decent against Villa, linking up with Fabio etc. and I don't think you can hold it solely against him for his performance vs Newcastle as the whole team was terrible that day.

Other than that, in his last 5 appearances, 3 of which were off the bench, he's got 2 goals & 1 assist now. Clearly showing signs of improvement & worth the gamble imo.
That seems ike a rose-tinted appraisal of his performances in recent weeks and not an assessment I saw anywhere in post-match threads after we lost.

I'm just shocked at the turnaround in sentiment. You're only as good as your last game has never been more true I guess.

You only have to go back 3 pages in this thread to see posters saying Trincao has been a disaster and the swap deal an awful move for the club.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty crazy that posters want him to stay now after one good cameo. I remember there was a similar sentiment expressed on here after the Leeds game and then he put in a string of abject performances.
Agree entirely. If you go back 2 or 3 pages he was called a cart horse. Now after a 20 minute cameo everyone want to to keep him.

The fact is he has a lot of talent. Technically very good, and can hit the target. But he hasn't shown his suited to the Premiership and he doesn't run his socks off.

Personally, I don't want Trincao or Traore. We have Chinquino, Neto, Campbell and if want to add another winger I would prefer Guedes.

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
Trincão has gone missing in many games this season but when he's good he's very good. Has the ability but does he have the correct attitude and will, it could be age related. We are going to get bugger all for Traore now and he isn't going to sign a contract. If the swap is on id take it and if Trincão doesn't get more consistent next season then move him on, as at his age he would still have resale value.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was excellent when he came on yesterday and is clearly very talented but I’m still not sure on him. Can see him going to Portugal though and being amazing like goncalves and Vitinha have.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm just shocked at the turnaround in sentiment. You're only as good as your last game has never been more true I guess.

You only have to go back 3 pages in this thread to see posters saying Trincao has been a disaster and the swap deal an awful move for the club.

That may be correct with regards to other posters, but I can assure you I won't have been one of them :)

Norwegian Wolf

Reaction score
Trincao is so one footed it is embarrassing. Great goal yesterday, but then clean through with 5 minutes left and the goal gaping, he has to cut inside onto his left and has the shot blocked for a corner. I would expect that in League One, not for a team fighting for Europe. Enjoy the memory of yesterday, but rather like Corica scoring away at Palace, a goal here or there does not cover up wider issues.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Adama isn’t sold this summer then a swap deal deal would be best for both parties

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That may be correct with regards to other posters, but I can assure you I won't have been one of them :)
Fair enough. But I didn't see anyone making a case for him a week ago, though it would have been hard to find amongst the "never want to see him in a Wolves shirt again" posts.

Last edited:

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
, I think he’ll smash it somewhere outside of the PL.

Agreed he’ll be a superstar. But can all the kneejerkers please refrain from banging on about ‘another one we gave away’ goncalves / Vitinha style

A) you’re boring
B) you didn’t want him here despite his obvious ability

Like every player it takes time and he’s not quite developed / adapted to the Prem as we’d hoped

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's a big gamble if we sign him. I still think its probably worth taking if its a straight swap with Adama, but he would have to take a pay cut, and i'm not sure Barca even want Adama now tbh seeing as he isnt going that well there.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao is so one footed it is embarrassing. Great goal yesterday, but then clean through with 5 minutes left and the goal gaping, he has to cut inside onto his left and has the shot blocked for a corner. I would expect that in League One, not for a team fighting for Europe. Enjoy the memory of yesterday, but rather like Corica scoring away at Palace, a goal here or there does not cover up wider issues.

Like mahrez and robben with their one foot.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

I don't think Trincao's issue has been skill. He has that in abundance. It's his application. Even TR says it in his interview.
The gamble will be can he apply him self 98% of the time. If they (Wolves) think he can then, and he wants to actually stay here then he should be here next season.
Hopefully Wolves are savvy enough to get the right deal if it happens.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For barcelona he lingers by the touchline and never goes in the penalty box. No wonder he never scores. Dembele is so much more versatile.

You say for Barca like he did anything different here

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No role for Traore again last night, 5 subs allowed in S[pain and he still doesn't get on the pitch. Wall and writing, I'd say!

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao started well tailed off in the winter and now playing abit better at the end.Doesn't say much really.
Still think he's better suited to a less physical league in a warmer climate.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No role for Traore again last night, 5 subs allowed in S[pain and he still doesn't get on the pitch. Wall and writing, I'd say!
Talk about rubbing his nose in it. He'll be looking forward to his first packet of pork scratchings and a can of tizer when he gets back though.

Back
Top Bottom