Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Staying @ Wolves - Traore or Trincao or Barca / Sporting Swap Deals??

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In fairness I’ve got no issue with the Trincao signing. At the time he was very highly rated and most non wolves people were actually surprised we pulled it off. He’s had moments where he’s looked like a player but they really haven’t been often enough. Who knows, in a 4231 he may have been better but looks like he’s off elsewhere.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The pining for a player who wasnt producing is laughable. It was a dumb deal on our part. I genuinely think we thought Adama would excel in a much weaker league than the premier league and he just hasnt done that. Even Willian Jose, who looked dog **** here is doing well again in Spain. Its embarrasing really he hasnt stepped up.

Every move we have made with Adama and Trincao has backfired. Neither offer anything we really need and neither are performing at all. We really should have put our efforts into finding players who we actually needed in January like a wide attacker who offers goal contributions, and a midfielder who would offer us something different .

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The pining for a player who wasnt producing is laughable. It was a dumb deal on our part. I genuinely think we thought Adama would excel in a much weaker league than the premier league and he just hasnt done that. Even Willian Jose, who looked dog **** here is doing well again in Spain. Its embarrasing really he hasnt stepped up.

Every move we have made with Adama and Trincao has backfired. Neither offer anything we really need and neither are performing at all. We really should have put our efforts into finding players who we actually needed in January like a wide attacker who offers goal contributions, and a midfielder who would offer us something different .
In fairness we should be seeing more in an attacking sense from Trincao, Nouri, Neto, Pod, Hwang and Jimi which would have made the whole debacle much of a nothingness.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In fairness I’ve got no issue with the Trincao signing. At the time he was very highly rated and most non wolves people were actually surprised we pulled it off. He’s had moments where he’s looked like a player but they really haven’t been often enough. Who knows, in a 4231 he may have been better but looks like he’s off elsewhere.

Surely our best option now is to swap Traore for him? Unless Trincao has no interest in joining us permanently.

I mean, it's not as if all our other forward thinking players have been producing the goods, but he's been the only one that's poor!

What's the alternative? Get Traore back and lose him for a reduced fee because he won't sign a new deal?

What will that fee be? £15m? With the Trincao loan fee of £5m (that may or may not still be payable), that would give us £10m net to spend on a Traore/Trincao replacement.

So the question is, is Trincao worth more than £10m? Probably. Especially as you say if we change how we operate and it gets us firing.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The whole Traore/Barcelona saga has been a huge waste of time and has negatively affected our season - perhaps not hugely in points, but definitely at least in my enjoyment of games - when we've struggled to do anything positive and at least bringing Traore on might have sparked something. It was pretty obvious it was going to end up this way, what with Barcelona's financial situation, and just raises more questions regarding the experience and competence of those we have running the club. If Traore doesn't sign a new contract with us then it's going to be tricky to get a decent fee.

A complete shambles.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The whole Traore/Barcelona saga has been a huge waste of time and has negatively affected our season - perhaps not hugely in points, but definitely at least in my enjoyment of games - when we've struggled to do anything positive and at least bringing Traore on might have sparked something. It was pretty obvious it was going to end up this way, what with Barcelona's financial situation, and just raises more questions regarding the experience and competence of those we have running the club. If Traore doesn't sign a new contract with us then it's going to be tricky to get a decent fee.

A complete shambles.
Exactly. If there’s ever a club to NOT take at their word it’s Barcelona.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
For some reason I expected more from Barcelona. They have disrespected Wolves and Traore. They called and we came running. Let this be a hard lesson learned. There's no loyalty or friendships between clubs in football nowadays. It's a cut throat business.
Unless Mendes manages to sort something out in the end for us, seems like we've been well and truly shafted.
What an embarrassing situation we find ourselves in.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barcelona shafted us over the semedo fee and the trincao loan fee.

This!
There's a pattern to this relationship with Barcelona and thats the fact that it seems to primarily benefit them.
While they are obviously the bigger club, there really is no reason for a PL club to be depending on such a one sided relationship.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

A complete shambles.
Nobody was ever going to nor ever will pay ‘a decent fee’ for Traore, hence why the club took the only avenue available to them to recoup something on him before his contract runs out. It’s not Wolves fault that he is nowhere near good enough to play for Barca.

Puddled Duck

Reaction score
Trincao the first plane back to Barcelona!!!, he's crap!!! never worth £30 million and has high wage demands of say £130,000 a week or thereabouts!!!!

Barcelona won't keep Adama who have no money!!!, he'll come back and be flogged to first highest bidder!!!, even if say £10 million is tops???, he's been found out!!!!

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao the first plane back to Barcelona!!!, he's crap!!! never worth £30 million and has high wage demands of say £130,000 a week or thereabouts!!!!

Barcelona won't keep Adama who have no money!!!, he'll come back and be flogged to first highest bidder!!!, even if say £10 million is tops???, he's been found out!!!!
He's been 'found out' as not being as good or consistent as Ousmane Dembele... no shame there. This is the same Dembele reportedly about to be offered a £270k per week contract by PSG! The success or otherwise of his loan to Barca (started okay, has ended on the bench) means absolutely nothing.

Agree about Trincao though. Hard not to if you've got any eyes on ya face.

Last edited:

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can he come home now for our last few very important matches ?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What made my blood pressure rise was - why get rid of a player who WWFC value at £20 million plus - and not bring in a replacement loan of equal worth !
Similar to selling Jota and not replacing with a similar value player . And relying on Jimenez as our main goal threat.
Three cases of crass stupidity by our directors .
NO NET INVESTMENT REQUIRED !! Just football intelligence.

Last edited:

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If their not goner sign Traore I would call it all off now ,send Trincao back, get back Traore, at least we would have a player who attacks and also puts a bit of effort into it for the last 4 games.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This!
There's a pattern to this relationship with Barcelona and thats the fact that it seems to primarily benefit them.
While they are obviously the bigger club, there really is no reason for a PL club to be depending on such a one sided relationship.

Mendes using us to win favour with Barca

How it works

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Knowing us,there's probably a loan fee included in the Trincao loan, but not in the Traore one

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There isn't a loan fee for trincao but a fee if we don't sign him. Something around £5M as well. Awful
Well that is Awful, we should of come to some agreement to have it wiped off in return for letting them have Traore on loan, that deal really is a joke

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that is Awful, we should of come to some agreement to have it wiped off in return for letting them have Traore on loan, that deal really is a joke

Absolutely pathetic how much we **** the bed just because a player had a year and a half left on his contract ffs.

Why we didn't just keep him this season and let the summer work itself out I really don't know. How much would his value have fallen in that time period, realistically?

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If their not goner sign Traore I would call it all off now ,send Trincao back, get back Traore, at least we would have a player who attacks and also puts a bit of effort into it for the last 4 games.
Ever heard of transfer windows?

Perhaps, in the style of a certain other poster, l should add a few random !!!s and ????s.....

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Absolutely pathetic how much we **** the bed just because a player had a year and a half left on his contract ffs.

Why we didn't just keep him this season and let the summer work itself out I really don't know. How much would his value have fallen in that time period, realistically?
Through the floor.

Realistically.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What made my blood pressure rise was - why get rid of a player who WWFC value at £20 million plus - and not bring in a replacement loan of equal worth !
Similar to selling Jota and not replacing with a similar value player . And relying on Jimenez as our main goal threat.
Three cases of crass stupidity by our directors .
NO NET INVESTMENT REQUIRED !! Just football intelligence.

I've always argued something similar. Getting rid of Adama hasnt been the problem. Bringing in other players has been the problem.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You reckon?

From 20m? Come on.

I'd be amazed if we get much more than 10 or 12 million for him. One year on his contract and coming back to us on the back of a failed loan spell in a weaker league.

I still think for the right team ( which could be us if we change manager ) he can still be a very dangerous player. Any manager who wants to play with the wide attacker type player though wont get much out of him i dont think because he doesnt fit that style.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be amazed if we get much more than 10 or 12 million for him. One year on his contract and coming back to us on the back of a failed loan spell in a weaker league.

I still think for the right team ( which could be us if we change manager ) he can still be a very dangerous player. Any manager who wants to play with the wide attacker type player though wont get much out of him i dont think because he doesnt fit that style.
Respectfully, and I mean that , as you’re a reasonable bloke, but, sadly, its HIGHLY doubtful that he will be a ”very dangerous player”.
After 3.5 PL seasons with Wolves, and the many, many disappointments , surely it was time to sever financial ties?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Respectfully, and I mean that , as you’re a reasonable bloke, but, sadly, its HIGHLY doubtful that he will be a ”very dangerous player”.
After 3.5 PL seasons with Wolves, and the many, many disappointments , surely it was time to sever financial ties?

I think he can be, but he has to play out wide and stick to that role.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah I mean these guys don’t know what they’re talking about

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I guess we will see if they buy him for a knockdown price seeing as he is available for one.

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What’s the one about the clock again

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ever heard of transfer windows?

Perhaps, in the style of a certain other poster, l should add a few random !!!s and ????s.....
I forgot about the window, but should of sending Traore their been done in the first place ?????? The way it's been constructed has probably cost us a place in europe

fleck1

Reaction score

The same thing every new clubs fan base and manager thinks when he makes a move, yet always ends up the same way. Always the next manager will crack it, he's now had a go with Spain and Barcelona and drifted out of contention. At some point it has to be accepted its not the manager, the formation, the quality of player around him, its Adama.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have to laugh.

****ing hell fire.

Who signs off these agreements?

It's a good deal - given his strong reputation, would you have preferred that we'd spent £20m-£25m outright on Trincao last summer, as that's the realistic alternative?

Try before you buy gives the obvious advantage that you don't buy if the player is a dud, which has saved us before (Willian Jose).

However, equally obviously, the selling/loaning club wants to get something guaranteed out of the deal.

Back
Top Bottom