Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Staying @ Wolves - Traore or Trincao or Barca / Sporting Swap Deals??

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who would you rather stay at Wolves Adama Traore or Francisco Trincao?
Or maybe a swap transfer deal with Barcelona instead?

Last edited:

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know he was on for a brief amount of time but I thought Trincao put in some very useful touches last night.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Both!

Love Adama and Trincao is insanely talented. Only 21 and just needs a bit more time to get used to the physicality of the league. I have no doubt he will end up a top-class player.

Long-term, I’d love to see a front four of:

Neto, Trincao, Traore
Raul

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Traore but I am fine with selling him as well. Trincao looks rubbish to me so far. Proper myth he creates a single thing with his passing, he is basically a bad version of Adama. Misses big chances, decent dribbler but looks like his body will be atomised when he gets the most minor contact. Could get a much better player for £20M~ or whatever. Think he has 3 games now with less touches than Sa, 30 against Norwich which is fairly incredible to have that few and give the ball away that many times.

MGW is far better for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TheConcourse

I don’t see Trincao as a winger. Even inverted. I’d get him as central as possible.

Also, I think the other thing that’s very much up for debate here is whether this is an Adama v Trincao question or whether this is a Hwang v Trincao question.

Hwang has delivered nothing for weeks, but seems to get away with it.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don’t see Trincao as a winger. Even inverted. I’d get him as central as possible.

Also, I think the other thing that’s very much up for debate here is whether this is an Adama v Trincao question or whether this is a Hwang v Trincao question.

Nobody is delivering anything at the moment so our top scorer probably gets more leeway.

Hwang's scored 4 while Trincao and Traore haven't got a single goal between them.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There's only one question here for Jef Shi to answer here Hwang is wanted by Wolves by all accounts so no question there..
Whereas Trincao could be wanted back at Bara besides us not wanting to buy him long term.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect neither has a future here, so a daft poll which will just get the same arguments as at least two other threads.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama has a good game and the response is get rid.
In reality he'll play the next couple of games and be our biggest threat on the counter in both.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i'd go hwang and podence. Oh, and neto

trincao needs time to get up to speed

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ask yourself a simple question: what name do Liverpool want to see on the Wolves teamsheet on Saturday? Trincao, all day, every day.

I don't know about a trip to Specsavers @we love jez moxey - anyone who thinks selling Adama to buy Trincao is a good move needs to visit a psychiatric unit.

Not sure why its Trincao vs Adama?! Podence, Neto and Hwang all better options when fit.

As for Liverpool I dont think they care too much. I reckon they'd prefer to face the wildly overrated former Barcelona man with no goals or assists to his name.........

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Both!

Love Adama and Trincao is insanely talented. Only 21 and just needs a bit more time to get used to the physicality of the league. I have no doubt he will end up a top-class player.

Long-term, I’d love to see a front four of:

Neto, Trincao, Traore
Raul
So insanely talented that he has 0 assists and 0 goals?

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

I know, right. It’s like players can go through spells where things haven’t completely clicked for them in front of goal.

Like Diogo was/is insanely talented and went through a spell of 11 games with 1 goal and 0 assists just after the first lockdown.

And Sadio Mane was/is insanely talented but went 19 games without a goal or assist at Southampton.

And Hwang is (not quite as insanely) talented but went 20 games without scoring before coming to us.

Pretty sure Grealish had a similar spell earlier on at a similar age for Villa too (Edit: Just checked…in his first 33 Premier League appearances, Grealish managed 1 goal and 1 assist).

To me, Trincao is obviously extremely talented, particularly from a technical perspective. But he’s 21 and still settling into a new team in a new country in a very physical league (at a time where he has also had Covid). He has had a pretty decent goals/assists to games records elsewhere, particularly given his age.

I think he’ll go on to be a top player, hopefully with us.

Last edited:

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But the same argument could be made against Adama.

They both have the same amount of goals and assists this season. Adama from more minutes.

I think Hwang, Raul, Neto is the future starting trio. The real question is Hwang, Podence, Trincao or Traore for the last of the 3 spots with Neto and Raul nailing down the other 2.

Trincao's age makes him an exciting prospect as backup/competition for Neto and Hwang, a role I'm not sure Adama will accept at Wolves.

So it comes back to the contract situation and getting what we can for him when we can.

Last edited:
T

TheConcourse

I know, right. It’s like players can go through spells where things haven’t completely clicked for them in front of goal.

Like Diogo was/is insanely talented and went through a spell of 11 games with 0 goals and 1 assist just after the first lockdown.

And Sadio Mane was/is insanely talented but went 19 games without a goal or assist at Southampton.

And Hwang is (not quite as insanely) talented but went 20 games without scoring before coming to us.

Pretty sure Grealish had a similar spell earlier on at a similar age for Villa too (Edit: Just checked…in his first 33 Premier League appearances, Grealish managed 1 goal and 1 assist).

To me, Trincao is obviously extremely talented, particularly from a technical perspective. But he’s 21 and still settling into a new team in a new country in a very physical league (at a time where he has also had Covid). He has had a pretty decent goals/assists to games records elsewhere, particularly given his age.

I think he’ll go on to be a top player, hopefully with us.
Good argument, this.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did I dream that we have to pay a fee if we don't sign Trinaco and it's a large fee?
Yeah that'll effectively be the loan fee should we not sign him permanently. I'd imagine if Barca want him back and recall him then that fee will shrink massively if not disappear

Trincao is going to be a very good player, but really needs to get used to the physicality of this league. Needs to work with his mate who should hopefully be back soon

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tough choice as neither have really accomplished much for us thus far this season - but Trincao has age on his side and for me atleast the “will he won’t he stay” surrounding Adama and his contract is becoming a huge irritation and likely to be unsettling the team. It seems he wants to move on so we probably ought to cash in whilst we still can and whilst there are still some managers around that think they can actually get some end product from him!!

Back
Top Bottom