Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Stadium Plans

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone you know was in charge of the ground when it was under Council control when we were in difficulties .
He had the keys and he used to ‘allege’ that he had made love to his then girlfriend in every one of the executive boxes in the Steve Bull stand , not when matches were on may I hasten to add :)
We could use his goalscoring record now.

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I totally agree with the Leeds manager . Move the away fans from the bottom of the Steve Bull asap and stick them in the Stan Cullis

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I totally agree with the Leeds manager . Move the away fans from the bottom of the Steve Bull asap and stick them in the Stan Cullis
Assuming the Steve Bull won’t get knocked down for a decade or more: there must be a way we could refashion it so as to have 3k of away fans all at the north end, upper and lower tier. Perhaps gut out the executive boxes and put in half a dozen extra rows of seats , using that middle concourse for the away fans access.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assuming the Steve Bull won’t get knocked down for a decade or more: there must be a way we could refashion it so as to have 3k of away fans all at the north end, upper and lower tier. Perhaps gut out the executive boxes and put in half a dozen extra rows of seats , using that middle concourse for the away fans access.

While I agree that some solution to move them all into that end would be preferred, splitting the SB upper and lower tiers between home and away fans would inevitably result in lost seats due to the need to segregate. Given we’re already short of seats, that is a non starter. Given there is already segregation in the upper North Bank, it might make more sense to extend the away support area there and reduce the home allocation.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While I agree that some solution to move them all into that end would be preferred, splitting the SB upper and lower tiers between home and away fans would inevitably result in lost seats due to the need to segregate. Given we’re already short of seats, that is a non starter.
You’d regain the seats that are lost for segregation in the north bank though.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’d regain the seats that are lost for segregation in the north bank though.

Think if you were going down that route, you’d have to allocate just the northern end of the SBU to away fans, and have segregation just in that tier. It would keep them away from the pitch and as far away from the action as possible. It shouldn’t cost much to implement.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think if you were going down that route, you’d have to allocate just the northern end of the SBU to away fans, and have segregation just in that tier. It would keep them away from the pitch and as far away from the action as possible. It shouldn’t cost much to implement.
Upper & lower would be ideal as you would have the option to, roughly, give them 1k in the lower or 2k in the upper or 3k in the both.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Upper & lower would be ideal as you would have the option to, roughly, give them 1k in the lower or 2k in the upper or 3k in the both.

Agreed. Or, keep the existing away quad section and replace the away SBL with the northern end of the SBU. Either or both sections could be assigned as away depending on away ticket demand. Either way, the SBL would be wholly home fans.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
Pretty clear plans for the Steve Bull here (about half way)

Basically as suggested previously, rip out the lower tier and rebuild it closer to the pitch and all the way to the bottom of the upper tier. Put hospitality in the back and presumably WV1 type seats for those people. 1100 extra seats and away fans always in the NE corner? Maybe this has stopped the temp stand in the SE corner?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Basically as suggested previously, rip out the lower tier and rebuild it closer to the pitch and all the way to the bottom of the upper tier. Put hospitality in the back and presumably WV1 type seats for those people. 1100 extra seats and away fans always in the NE corner? Maybe this has stopped the temp stand in the SE corner?
Did he say we are 1000% behind United in revenue?

Maybe I misheard or he was talking about commercial deals specifically, the latter would likely make sense

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

yep - at a cost of £16m. Would open up space in both concourses

Not as good as a re-build, but probablty the only viabale option right now.

South Bank extension is around £30m for 5,000 extra seats

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So were looking at circa 6100 seat increase. If they are ripping the lower tier of steve bull out it makes sense to wrap around the corner and link up to the south bank perhaps another 1000 seats. I'd be happy with that, 38k molineux.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only current access to the SBU is from the South Bank end. Because of the slopes putting access at the other end wouldn't be easy, particularly given that is where the SBL access is - segregation etc....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. Or, keep the existing away quad section and replace the away SBL with the northern end of the SBU. Either or both sections could be assigned as away depending on away ticket demand. Either way, the SBL would be wholly home fans.
The SBL is, by a country mile, the worst accommodation on the whole ground. Same crappy spacing as the SBU and exposed to the weather. An absolutely stupid idea.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So were looking at circa 6100 seat increase. If they are ripping the lower tier of steve bull out it makes sense to wrap around the corner and link up to the south bank perhaps another 1000 seats. I'd be happy with that, 38k molineux.
Is that what they've said we're doing? Make it up to ~40k?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Would kind of hate the SBU being segregated, I know a lot of clubs do it with larger stands but would make getting in surely worse? Don't see a way around i though tbf.

17miles

Reaction score
Would kind of hate the SBU being segregated, I know a lot of clubs do it with larger stands but would make getting in surely worse? Don't see a way around i though tbf.
Why not build a wall behind the stand where the current carparking areas are with multiple turnstiles, increasing access and then in the new extra concourse area install new kiosking area then remove the internal existing kiosks so thereby increasing the internal concourse area for ease of access.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone seen details of the fan park he said was already in planning? Is this likely the tent structure behind the North Bank we saw in the recent council images?

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone seen details of the fan park he said was already in planning? Is this likely the tent structure behind the North Bank we saw in the recent council images?
Not sure considering the Council image was from the Investment Prospectus.

Good to see Molineux getting mentioned and I hope the club, Council and all partners get a wriggle on!

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes sense and that's probably what I would do. Back of the SB lower tier next to the away fans would be a good spot, under the overhang, good view, bit of banter.
*Actually doesn't seem like there would be an overhang as lower tier would be steeper like NBL, and maybe run flush into top tier..... Just with gap where the top tier cranks around?

Last edited:

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Is that what they've said we're doing? Make it up to ~40k?
He said take out the lower tier rebuilding to take it closer to the pitch with an increase of 1100 seats doubling the size of the concourses and a restaurant in the available space in the back of the steve bull costing 16- 20 million all in. Doubling the size of south bank at a cost of 30 million.

To me that would increase matchday revenue by approx 5 million a season so would take approx 10 years to pay for itself.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did he say we'd double the south bank?? That's fantastic, next summer??
I can imagine they'll keep increasing the cost of the bully upper season ticket, and will probably want a cheaper one by then!!
Would be a great wierd interesting ground, and closer to the pitch.
He said take out the lower tier rebuilding to take it closer to the pitch with an increase of 1100 seats doubling the size of the concourses and a restaurant in the available space in the back of the steve bull costing 16- 20 million all in. Doubling the size of south bank at a cost of 30 million.

To me that would increase matchday revenue by approx 5 million a season so would take approx 10 years to pay for itself.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did he say we'd double the south bank?? That's fantastic, next summer??
I can imagine they'll keep increasing the cost of the bully upper season ticket, and will probably want a cheaper one by then!!
Would be a great wierd interesting ground, and closer to the pitch.

None of the plans have a timeline except for the fan park. Shows some thought has gone into it but we appear a long way from submitting any plans.

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
So, if I understood him correctly, SB refitted, then a possible extension to the South bank.
All well and good, but if the height of the new South bank matches the North bank the stadium’s going to look even more disjointed. Hope they’ve got a plan to smooth out the joins, now the Steve Bull is staying put.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
None of the plans have a timeline except for the fan park. Shows some thought has gone into it but we appear a long way from submitting any plans.
My thoughts too. Just enough said to get through fans redevelopment questions on what could happen.
If the club were really serious, we'd be hearing about a planning application (and much more) for the Steve Bull stand not just talk.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, if I understood him correctly, SB refitted, then a possible extension to the South bank.
All well and good, but if the height of the new South bank matches the North bank the stadium’s going to look even more disjointed. Hope they’ve got a plan to smooth out the joins, now the Steve Bull is staying put.

Wouldn’t be too surprised in the end result saw a new roof on the Steve Bull linking the South and North Bank. That would fix the issue with the restricted view seats in the Quad too.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My thoughts too. Just enough said to get through fans redevelopment questions on what could happen.
If the club were really serious, we'd be hearing about a planning application (and much more) for the Steve Bull stand not just talk.

Yes. They would likely have concept drawings, outline plans etc Even then it might take another year or two before planning was in place and work could start. So this sounds some way off, and maybe just a response to the negative response to what was in last years video.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no intent to do these things, its just talk.
Not sure why people continually prolong this thread (sorry I know its personal interest), but in essence nothing is planned.
Could be said the same about a lot of threads on here lol.

Mr Sizzle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A bit depressed listening to this.. Everything relates to a very clear Return on investment and Zero consideration for fan experience. Lots of " we would like to that Jonny......but". Sounds to me like the 16m is the 9 point plan - if so thats absolute peanuts to reprofile / redevelop in essence the main stand! Hope i'm wrong but they don't see the stadium as a great opp to return a profit and as such little chance it will get much investment...

Last edited:

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no intent to do these things, its just talk.
Not sure why people continually prolong this thread (sorry I know its personal interest), but in essence nothing is planned.
I find it interesting when i hear talk of any type of Stadium redevelopment,.. be it from posters, media and Wolves staff alike,but iam equally sceptical that anything will actually get done, so i know where you`re coming from.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed, but he also hinted that Wolves are working with the Council on a bid to host some Euro 2028 games. So maybe, just maybe, developments tie up with that?

Back
Top Bottom