Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Stadium Plans

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you consider the full corners to be integral to the NB, then completing the NE corner and mirroring it in the NW corner would bring capacity of the NB to around 12K, which isn't much smaller than the proposed new Steve Bull Stand which would have been approximately 13K with no corners.
I'd take pretty much any expansion of the stand right now but it's a shame the proposal for the Steve Bull rebuild is only 13k, it hardly seems worth it capacity-wise. The 90s Doug Ellis stand has a similar capacity and the 'footprint' there is much smaller. I know expectations, in terms of legroom and facilities have changed but there's potential to build across the road, like Newcastle's Milburn Stand, and similar at Old Trafford and and again at Villa Park. There's also obviously loads of space in front of the current stand.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love the north bank and think we should replicate this type of stand around the stadium making molineux 45,000 capacity.
Each to their own but for me that'd be a ****ing nightmare. It'd have no character and if the North Bank build quality was replicated it'd be a mediocre new ground in terms of quality too.

I'd like the opposite, a ground with 4 unique, high quality stands each with their own history and 'personality'. But then my favourite grounds are ours, Villa Park, Anfield, Hillsborough, and St James' Park. I'd honestly rather go to Fratton Park than a soulless place like Leicester's crisp bowl!

beppe7619

Reaction score
It is already an utter pain to get out of the NBU without adding thousands more fans - the stadium safety inspectors would likely have a view. Not to mention the wholly inadequate lift arrangements for the elderly and disabled.
That is what I am trying to say bigger lifts into the plan to

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love the north bank and think we should replicate this type of stand around the stadium making molineux 45,000 capacity.
As a north bank ST holder from day one of SJH's rebuild loved it, hated Morgan's carbunkle of a stand with a passion and transferred to South Bank aftere a handful of games, can't think of a bigger nightmare.

beppe7619

Reaction score
I'd take pretty much any expansion of the stand right now but it's a shame the proposal for the Steve Bull rebuild is only 13k, it hardly seems worth it capacity-wise. The 90s Doug Ellis stand has a similar capacity and the 'footprint' there is much smaller. I know expectations, in terms of legroom and facilities have changed but there's potential to build across the road, like Newcastle's Milburn Stand, and similar at Old Trafford and and again at Villa Park. There's also obviously loads of space in front of the current stand.
I think that to the Steve Bull stand should be 18 k Billy Wright 18 k then the Stan cullis stand 12.5k and south bank 12.5 k then it would be worth the rebuild. If you did it to 40k it would be a waste of money as a couple of years down the line you would have to expand it again

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that to the Steve Bull stand should be 18 k Billy Wright 18 k then the Stan cullis stand 12.5k and south bank 12.5 k then it would be worth the rebuild. If you did it to 40k it would be a waste of money as a couple of years down the line you would have to expand it again
Bloody hell, no way we need that many seats! A 16k Steve Bull, add a few thousand to the South Bank, round some corners and the jobs a good'un. I wouldn't want the Billy Wright touched, it's a gorgeous, unique stand, and the North Bank is too new to replace. 40 odd thousand is perfect for us, it'd mean we'd have some growing room and anyone wanting a ST would be able to get one, hooking a new generation in and by joining up stands improve the atmosphere. I'd hope it would also mean reduced tickets but I won't hold my breath!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody hell, no way we need that many seats! A 16k Steve Bull, add a few thousand to the South Bank, round some corners and the jobs a good'un. I wouldn't want the Billy Wright touched, it's a gorgeous, unique stand, and the North Bank is too new to replace. 40 odd thousand is perfect for us, it'd mean we'd have some growing room and anyone wanting a ST would be able to get one, hooking a new generation in and by joining up stands improve the atmosphere. I'd hope it would also mean reduced tickets but I won't hold my breath!
The Billy Quiet may look ok but it's a disaster as a working stand. Same stupidly narrow concourses as the South Bank.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Billy Quiet may look ok but it's a disaster as a working stand. Same stupidly narrow concourses as the South Bank.
True. Though not on the level of the Bully or South Bank, the Steve Bull in particular isn't even fit for purpose - you have to go downstairs at least 5 mins before half time to even get in the queues for a **** or some snap. I think retrofitting better facilities in the BW would sort it out, there's no need to knock it down.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True. Though not on the level of the Bully or South Bank, the Steve Bull in particular isn't even fit for purpose - you have to go downstairs at least 5 mins before half time to even get in the queues for a **** or some snap. I think retrofitting better facilities in the BW would sort it out, there's no need to knock it down.
I know all about the SBU. I had a ST there until l moved to the NBU this season.

DeWolfMan60

Reaction score
There must be an issue with the Steve Bull as our last 3 owners have ducked out of knocking it down. Maybe the concrete frame makes it expensive to demolish?

beppe7619

Reaction score
our old south bank which was 30k our south bank should be 13 k not 5.5 k and is such a sad loss to our ground lost in history. 30 years since it was lost. I use to hear the molineux roar 1.3 miles away from the ground in the early 80s now you can’t tell there is a game on now until you are by molineux alley

Last edited:

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Our capacity is too small for our fan base and we are keeping future generations of young supporters locked out.
I wonder how Fosun intend to progress the stadium on the back of Jeff saying the club can become one of the biggest clubs in the world in five years.
A lopsided ground, one temp stand, possibly two, both without a roof, with a badly ageing Steve Bull stand, just doesn't add up to that ambition re the stadium.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder how Fosun intend to progress the stadium on the back of Jeff saying the club can become one of the biggest clubs in the world in five years.
A lopsided ground, one temp stand, possibly two, both without a roof, with a badly ageing Steve Bull stand, just doesn't add up to that ambition re the stadium.

I think what Fosun have been saying is true...they need to see evidence of increasing regional economic strength before committing to an investment which they've said would need to go beyond football.
They obviously have cold feet about pouring money in without a plan for growth and it needs to be diversified away from making success solely dependent on the football team, which is very risky ; nobody runs like that anymore if they want to stay in business at the same level and not end up in massive debt....ala ambitious clubs like Everton.
The relieving of the political tension with China could also do with happening soon but that looks unlikely, the UK needs investment to restore a growing trade imbalance due to the drop in EU exports over and above covid effect.

beppe7619

Reaction score
A lopsided ground, one temp stand, possibly two, both without a roof, with a badly ageing Steve Bull stand, just doesn't add up to that ambition re the
wat,and mek it silent. :oops:
To be fair since football stadiums have been all seater the atmosphere has changed

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair since football stadiums have been all seater the atmosphere has changed
I also think that there is a demographics issue. The average age of fanbases at lots of clubs, very definitely including Wolves, is going up.

beppe7619

Reaction score
I also think that there is a demographics issue. The average age of fanbases at lots of clubs, very definitely including Wolves, is going up.
It has changed a lot. If you try to start a chant in your seat you are told to keep hush

Back
Top Bottom