Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Squad 2022/23 - As It Currently Stands (inc Rumours)

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any reason why there's a question mark by Kilman?

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On that exercise, I think Wolves would have a competitive team in the premiership.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Have made some updates, am trying not to compete with my mucka's Summary thread, so have only included "substantial" rumours and will delete/update as we go along. So if there's any getting loads of air time or has gone elsewhere please add a comment.

Reaction score
And so Minamino drops off the list and welcome to Gabriel Barbosa (to the rumours list at least)

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It should be exciting commentary when 'maybe he is resigning' pings it diagonally to 'wants the finish the season in Argentina' who beats a man and crosses for 'needs a new head band' who nods it down for 'it was a tough window' to take a touch and square it to 'we worked very hard' who buries past the keeper.

(Intended as a dark humour scetch about our current circumstances)

Reaction score
Taken Bolla off the squad list now he's gone to Grasshoppers on loan again. Put in Connor Roberts from Burnley - but within a week we're looking very low in the fullback area, given where we were previously

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is probably where we are currently. First, second and U23 XIs.

Wolves Squads.jpg

Based on that, we are short at centre back, central midfield, wing-back and probably a different forward option.

I think we will sell Gibbs-White and Traore, and loan Jordao, Corbeanu, Lonwijk and Perry.

Silva, Chiquinho and Cundle will be on the bench most weeks and will play more for the U23s, at the higher level after promotion.

So we end the summer looking something like this?

Wolves Squads New.jpg

First XI is stronger, backup XI is stronger and U23s are stronger.

Which would mean a new first choice CM (Nunes?), a new first choice CB (Ignacio?), a squad wing-back option (Roberts?), a new CF (target man type?) and a new wider forward option (assuming Gibbs-White and Traore are moved on - Pedrinho?).

All changes if we get the offer we want for Neves and/or MGW or Traore sign a new contract.

Reaction score
Just removed Pahlinha, Decoure, Pedrinho and Seferovic from the rumours side as they're all being reported as going elsewhere.

And as much as it pained me to do so have now put Joao Moutinho onto the rumours side from the squad side.

The Icardi thing is too left field right now to add him in I think.

Reaction score
Having done a bit of pruning on the rumours side and added in Noni Madeuke, I went through the remaining squad and if you discount Ruben Semedo from the equation given his injury we currently have thirteen first team regulars in training. Only twelve if Kilman isn't ready yet!!!

No wonder people are get ng a bit jumpy!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having done a bit of pruning on the rumours side and added in Noni Madeuke, I went through the remaining squad and if you discount Ruben Semedo from the equation given his injury we currently have thirteen first team regulars in training. Only twelve if Kilman isn't ready yet!!!

No wonder people are get ng a bit jumpy!
I bloody hope that Ruben Semedo is nowhere near our squad.... Nelson though... lol

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at these players linked who would you want assuming we sell Adama and MGW goes?

If Everton are after MGW and we get the price near to £25m I can see them selling him - together with Adama that could be £40m (not including any retained profit).

I was just looking at Mario Vuskovic videos as I know nothing about him, he looks a good defender, great passer and appears to read the game well. He is 6'2'' and appears to win most balls in the box. I could not really get much sense of he speed over the ground, but for £10m and only 21 I would take him - he would be far cheaper than the lad from Burnley.

I would be really happy with Nino Madueke, if we paid £15m for him I think he could be worth double after a good season in the prem. looking at a few videos you would expect someone to take a punt on him, he looks really fast and powerful.

I would love Nunes driving from midfield but unless we sell Neves or Donk I don't see that happening, and I doubt the lad really wants to come here anyway.

To be honest I think Nico Gonzalez would be awesome along side Neves, but I really doubt Barcelona would want to sell him, he looks a great talent. He may come on loan for a season then part of a deal for Neves.

Would you swap Adama and MGW for those three (plus the rest of the budget)? - we would not have enough for a striker but I think Madueke and Gonzalez would be excellent business if you could buy them.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Looking at these players linked who would you want assuming we sell Adama and MGW goes?

If Everton are after MGW and we get the price near to £25m I can see them selling him - together with Adama that could be £40m (not including any retained profit).

I was just looking at Mario Vuskovic videos as I know nothing about him, he looks a good defender, great passer and appears to read the game well. He is 6'2'' and appears to win most balls in the box. I could not really get much sense of he speed over the ground, but for £10m and only 21 I would take him - he would be far cheaper than the lad from Burnley.

I would be really happy with Nino Madueke, if we paid £15m for him I think he could be worth double after a good season in the prem. looking at a few videos you would expect someone to take a punt on him, he looks really fast and powerful.

I would love Nunes driving from midfield but unless we sell Neves or Donk I don't see that happening, and I doubt the lad really wants to come here anyway.

To be honest I think Nico Gonzalez would be awesome along side Neves, but I really doubt Barcelona would want to sell him, he looks a great talent. He may come on loan for a season then part of a deal for Neves.

Would you swap Adama and MGW for those three (plus the rest of the budget)? - we would not have enough for a striker but I think Madueke and Gonzalez would be excellent business if you could buy them.
Madueke would be much higher than £15M imo. English tax still applies. Don't believe it myself that we are in for him

Reaction score
Just another update with Sanderson's loan to Birmingham.

The disappointing thing is that those players we thought we'd get some bits and pieces from in Transfer fees are now heading out on loan again. That's Hoever, Giles, and Sanderson who could have rustled up in the region of £10m between them.

Fully expect Ronan and Cutrone to go on loan as well rather than getting a transfer fee for them.

NB: I know we'll charge loan fees but they'll hardly be in the Trincao region.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I would certainly swap Traore and Gibbs-White for those three. They are excellent young players, with great careers ahead of them, therefore why would they choose to come to us?

Besides, £40m for Traore, what medication are you taking?

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would certainly swap Traore and Gibbs-White for those three. They are excellent young players, with great careers ahead of them, therefore why would they choose to come to us?

Besides, £40m for Traore, what medication are you taking?
I do apologise- should have looked more closely - £40m is the total figure.

Still, £15m for Traore? What medication are you on?

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Players LeftReplaced By
RuddySarkic
SasisGomes
Marcel???
TrincaoMGW
HoeverChiquinho (as wing back)
GilesNever Played
SandersonNever Played
BollaNever Played

We have lost 8 players from the club, but as it stands we are probably only cover for Marcel down on last season. Assuming MGW stays (which I think is unlikely) he should contribute more than Trincao, but is Sarkic and Gomes better than Ruddy and Sasis?

Of course this does not make up for the weaknesses in the squad, we are three quality players short anyway, and the bench could well be very light again. I expect Ronan to be sold and would be surprised if Campbell and Jordao did not go out on loan.

I am just really confused. If we genuinely don't have any money then why let Hoever and Giles go out on loan - I can sort of understand Sanderson as its a big ask to play centre back in the Prem at his age, but the others would have given bodies for the bench if nothing else.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on rumours(one of them being JonahWolf's ITK knowledge): -

Depay Jiminez
Neto Traore
Doucoure Neves
Ait-Nouri Kilman Coady Jonny
Sa

Or

Neto Depay Traore
Ait-Nouri Neves Doucoure Jonny
Boly Coady Kilman
Sa

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Based on rumours(one of them being JonahWolf's ITK knowledge): -

Depay Jiminez
Neto Traore
Doucoure Neves
Ait-Nouri Kilman Coady Jonny
Sa

Or

Neto Depay Traore
Ait-Nouri Neves Doucoure Jonny
Boly Coady Kilman
Sa
Doucoure is absolutely bang average. Looks like 14th place team at best.

Dunno why Memphis would join us either, has a long term deal

Back
Top Bottom