Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Squad 2022/23 - As It Currently Stands (inc Rumours)

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
With Fabio being rumoured to be going to Anderlect on loan then I'm popping up to The Mount at lunchtime to check if there's an Ellison's coach waiting to pick up our new signings to take them down the hill to Compton for their medicals

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Fabio being rumoured to be going to Anderlect on loan then I'm popping up to The Mount at lunchtime to check if there's an Ellison's coach waiting to pick up our new signings to take them down the hill to Compton for their medicals
That, if it happens, would be positive in that he will be getting gametime, including in the Europa Conference League, at a decent level but does, more than a little, beg the question of who the heck we have to cover Raul!

Reaction score
Have been away melting in sunny Devon for a short while, so only now catching up with things and have edited the OP again. Give me a shout if I've missed anything

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

That, if it happens, would be positive in that he will be getting gametime, including in the Europa Conference League, at a decent level but does, more than a little, beg the question of who the heck we have to cover Raul!
Be lovely if he got to play West Ham

Reaction score
Just done a few bits and pieces of housekeeping ahead of some major updates this week (hopefully)

Mel Eves on a bike

Reaction score
How are we doing for meeting the home grown rule if MGW leaves? How does it affect the squad?

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How are we doing for meeting the home grown rule if MGW leaves? How does it affect the squad?

We still have a smallish squad and the limit for foreign players (over 23 I think) is still reasonably high.. I think 17. A few of of our foreign players are still young enough to not have to be registered.

We still have Sarkic, Collins and Kilman as guarantees for homegrown.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could someone please enlighten me ? (sorry if already asked). For the last 2 seasons or so we have been told that we have to be aware of FFP and that there is no money anyway. Wolves now look in danger of struggling this season, so we spend more than £100 million strenghtening the squad. Does this mean that Fosun have seen the light and want to protect their PL asset or have we decided to ignore FFP or that Fosun have found the money from somewhere? Having spent that amount I guess that Fosun will be expecting considerable improvement in performances and if that is not forthcoming the next step will be a new manager.

Reaction score
Could someone please enlighten me ? (sorry if already asked). For the last 2 seasons or so we have been told that we have to be aware of FFP and that there is no money anyway. Wolves now look in danger of struggling this season, so we spend more than £100 million strenghtening the squad. Does this mean that Fosun have seen the light and want to protect their PL asset or have we decided to ignore FFP or that Fosun have found the money from somewhere? Having spent that amount I guess that Fosun will be expecting considerable improvement in performances and if that is not forthcoming the next step will be a new manager.
Perversely, it feels like we can do this because we've been so cautious. I think we'll still be okay, some money in already and possibly a bit more to come as well as trimming the wage bill significantly.

Reaction score
Updated with Kalajdzic's signing.

Looking through the list and assuming Boly signs for Forest today, we have 20 real first team players, of which there's 4 Home Grown. I'm sure that Wolves have the HG quota in mind e.g. hence Dawson and Denayer.

I think that our HG's (ignoring the likes of Bueno, Ronan and Campbell) are currently Collins, Kilman, and possibly Neto and Sarkic

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Updated with Kalajdzic's signing.

Looking through the list and assuming Boly signs for Forest today, we have 20 real first team players, of which there's 4 Home Grown. I'm sure that Wolves have the HG quota in mind e.g. hence Dawson and Denayer.

I think that our HG's (ignoring the likes of Bueno, Ronan and Campbell) are currently Collins, Kilman, and possibly Neto and Sarkic
HG's would be Collins, Kilman, Sarkic & Ronan. Neto will never be HG

Reaction score
Latest updates - with Leander down the road in Rum, leaves us with 19 first teasers, need 3 in min IMHO

Reaction score
Final scores on the doors, two questions outstanding:
  1. Jason Denayer - are we still interested in him and will he be an addition to the squad?
  2. Leo Bonatini - are we still interested in him and will he be an addition to the squad?

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With all the incomings it's easy to forget we managed to offload Dendoncker and weaken a rival. What a transfer window!

Reaction score
With all the incomings it's easy to forget we managed to offload Dendoncker and weaken a rival. What a transfer window!
I do think we may regret this, not because he'll transform Villa's midfield and propel them towards Europe, but he does have a certain wherewithal about him and understanding of what his part was at Wolves, hoping Traore will fill his boots.

Reaction score
Final scores on the doors, two questions outstanding:
  1. Jason Denayer - are we still interested in him and will he be an addition to the squad?
  2. Leo Bonatini - are we still interested in him and will he be an addition to the squad?
Denayer not going to happen now .

Question - does Leo train with the first team squad ? If not - what does he do all day ?

Marvellous007

Groupie
Reaction score
It concerns me that there is no back up of any quality if Kilman or Collins are injured ,suspended or lose form, bad decision to let both Boly and Dendonker leave

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It concerns me that there is no back up of any quality if Kilman or Collins are injured ,suspended or lose form, bad decision to let both Boly and Dendonker leave

I disagree. Boly would of been behind Toti in the pecking order based on last season’s performances and the Dendonker deal was just too good to reject. Both these sales contributed massively to bringing in the players we did.

I think there was enough I’m the pot to bring in a stronger back up CB hence why we looked at Dawson & Denayer however once Sasa got injured those funds were rightfully used to sign a striker instead.

Back
Top Bottom