Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Spurs away travel advice

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Travelling up for this from Berkshire i hate driving around London so what's the best tube to head to ? Checked spurs forum and some suggestions driving to O2.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Travelling up for this from Berkshire i hate driving around London so what's the best tube to head to ? Checked spurs forum and some suggestions driving to O2.
Not sure where in Berkshire you are. Normally from Reading l'd get a train to Waterloo then the Bakerloo line to Oxford Circus, change (cross-platform) onto the Victoria line to Seven Sisters.

With the planned rail strikes on 20 May l can see why you are considering driving - l can see the attractions of the O2 (readily available parking) but the traffic around the Greenwich area is bloody awful. Personally l'd be tempted to drive around the M25 to somewhere like Stanmore on North London.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After the last 7 days I expect most of our fans will be walking to Spurs on air

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After the last 7 days I expect most of our fans will be walking to Spurs on air
They'll have to given the bloody rail strikes lol...

Oh and there are tube strikes on 19 Aug 22 which may have knock-ons into Saturday.

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is crossrail from Reading operating on Saturday?

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Depending on your car beware the ULEZ has now extended to the North Circular (A406). You can drive along the A406 but not inside it. If in doubt you can go online and check if your car is affected.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure where in Berkshire you are. Normally from Reading l'd get a train to Waterloo then the Bakerloo line to Oxford Circus, change (cross-platform) onto the Victoria line to Seven Sisters.

With the planned rail strikes on 20 May l can see why you are considering driving - l can see the attractions of the O2 (readily available parking) but the traffic around the Greenwich area is bloody awful. Personally l'd be tempted to drive around the M25 to somewhere like Stanmore on North London.
Yeah thats probably what I would of done but thanks for advice about Stanmore.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You could drive to Bush Hill Park (Enfield) - M25 then around 3 miles along the A10 so not much “London driving” which I know a lot of people don’t like. Free on-street parking at weekends and 3 stops on the overground to WHL. Obviously reliant on the trains running though.

MiddlesexWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
May be worth stopping somewhere like West Ruislip/Ruislip Gardens and then going down on the Central Line, changing at Oxford Circus and getting the Victoria Line.

Unless you don't mind driving into London somewhere to get a bit closer.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You could drive to Bush Hill Park (Enfield) - M25 then around 3 miles along the A10 so not much “London driving” which I know a lot of people don’t like. Free on-street parking at weekends and 3 stops on the overground to WHL. Obviously reliant on the trains running though.
I wouldn't risk the Overground. Heavily reduced service between 0800-1800 only.

I don't know what parking there is around Walthamstow but it may be worth a look.

Last edited:

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wouldn't risk the Overground. Heavily reduced service between 0800-1800 only.

I don't know what parking there is around Walthamstow but it may be worth a look.
My bad, for some reason I thought the game was on Sunday. Think I was mixing it up with the Newcastle game… @yateleywolf

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think that sounds the best one so far thanks

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
May be worth stopping somewhere like West Ruislip/Ruislip Gardens and then going down on the Central Line, changing at Oxford Circus and getting the Victoria Line.

That's brillant thanks I think even I can manage that

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I've normally aimed for parking at Hillingdon , failing that Ickenham...but Ruislip is an option too.

Sideshow Bob

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Tottenham do run a park & ride service that might be of some use to travelling fans

Reactions: gyb

MiddlesexWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I live in Ruislip so those are the best ones round here.

I would avoid trying to park by West Ruislip as there’s been some HS2 work on there but further down in Ickenham would be ok and then walk up to West Ruislip station as an alternative.

WR4Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
We parked at ****fosters last season for spurs, Arsenal & West Ham though was a bit of a trek for the latter.
Arsenal was ideal & Spurs not bad changing at Finsbury Park for seven sisters though a fair walk from there

bilstonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If anyone has a late spare I can walk to the ground in an hour if needs be!

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Planning to park a few stops away and get the Overground. Which is running between 8am-6pm, however they won’t be publishing any timetables.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Planning to park a few stops away and get the Overground. Which is running between 8am-6pm, however they won’t be publishing any timetables.
I wouldn't advise that. You can queue for over an hour at White Hart Lane station after a game on a normal matchday.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't advise that. You can queue for over an hour at White Hart Lane station after a game on a normal matchday.
It’s a risk for sure, we’ll probably just go for a pint after the game for a couple of hours and get a taxi back if the trains are bad.

Back
Top Bottom