Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Southgate - In or Out?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Depends on the replacement, I can’t see a queue forming of outstanding candidates. He’s done well in tournaments but tonight the team looked uninterested and bored. Ultimately I think he’s took the group far enough and someone else needs to come in. Who that is though I genuinely don’t know.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has enough capital to lead the team into one more tournament.

Bet he’s glad the WC is in the winter and not summer.

England won’t play at Molineux for another 60 years at least.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Judge him on his performance in the major tournaments rather than jazzed up friendlies

It was rubbish today, but he deserves to take us to the WC

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He won't go anywhere before the World cup, done OK in the last 2 competitions, awful so far in the nations league, should be much better, but may as well wait now and see how we go in the world cup before making any decision on Southgate.
Now way we should be as poor as we were today, but been making lots of changes the last few games resting players and looking at options, players coming off end of season, and looking towards World cup summer break etc. and just didn't look interested, Players will be more up for it for the world cup, but need to be sharper and move the ball better in attack, and decide what our best defense is and stick with it

so In until after the world cup and then reevaluate

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a definite’OUT’ from me but I fear it’s too late for the World Cup.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A world cup semi final and a Euro final is a pretty good record. England could not be in an easier group in the World Cup, so maybe judge him after that.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He won't go anywhere before the World cup, done OK in the last 2 competitions, awful so far in the nations league, should be much better, but may as well wait now and see how we go in the world cup before making any decision on Southgate.
Now way we should be as poor as we were today, but been making lots of changes the last few games resting players and looking at options, players coming off end of season, and looking towards World cup summer break etc. and just didn't look interested, Players will be more up for it for the world cup, but need to be sharper and move the ball better in attack, and decide what our best defense is and stick with it

so In until after the world cup and then reevaluate
He has however selected teams he thought would win or he should have.

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Southgate is probably glad he has some credit in the bank as it’s probably disappearing fast !!

They will say it’s games at the end of a tough season but still very poor and not good for those trying to make an impression.

He learnt we cannot score or create much and can be cut open with ease by Hungary .

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's not going anywhere unfortunately
Ian ieal yes man for the fa

Got yo be the luckiest England manager in history in terms of tournament draws

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tactically clueless as proven tonight and other games. He has winged it for several years and lucky we have a large pool of players compared to a lot of countries. His excuses tonight are laughable and an insult to that crowd at Molineux.

Lost to an average Italy side in a final and lauded as some sort of genius. Get rid.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He doesn't get another job in the Premier League, does he?

If he was available tomorrow, I can't imagine 1% of Wolves fans would want him. How can that be the case?

It was the same with Man United when they had Solskjaer and Ragnick.

England should have a quality manager that would walk into a European level job. Southgate doesn't. So, he's nowhere near up to it.

The great record is down to lucky draws.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When Southgate came in, he changed the atmosphere in the camp. He made the players want to play for England again. They sang the nation anthem loud and proud and fought for the shirt. It reconnected them to the fans.

It’s broke again now. The players are too damaged by their failures. Not one of those players looked like they wanted to be there tonight.

It might need another reset.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
World Cup -

Group - Tunisia, Panama, Belgium (dead rubber)
Knockouts - Colombia, Sweden, Croatia

Euros -

Group - Croatia, Scotland, Czech Republic
Knockouts - Germany, Ukraine, Denmark, Italy

You couldn't write the level of luck he's had. Not to mention home advantage in the Euros. Even the games we bottled were against favorable opponents.

He won't be sacked. Probably not even after the inevitable World Cup dross occurs. But why on earth is every single person in the media incapable of seeing things for what they are?

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has enough capital to lead the team into one more tournament.

Bet he’s glad the WC is in the winter and not summer.

England won’t play at Molineux for another 60 years at least.
Agreed. Poor in this nothing cup but otherwise okay. He's no great manager but I won't judge him off these games alone. If we flop in the WC then he's obviously gone.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In. New contract as well, this man has done gods work.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow. Can’t believe it’s so high in favour of out.

Wonder how much this is skewed by those that went to night expecting a fun England performance at Molineux and are aggrieved at forking out so much cash?

I nearly bought a ticket last week. Thank **** I didn’t! I’d have been livid if I’d paid for that :laughing::laughing::laughing:

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow. Can’t believe it’s so high in favour of out.

Wonder how much this is skewed by those that went to night expecting a fun England performance at Molineux and are aggrieved at forking out so much cash?

I nearly bought a ticket last week. Thank **** I didn’t! I’d have been livid if I’d paid for that :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I’ll admit, I angry voted.

But it would still vote the same again tomorrow, because he denied Coady one of the best moments of his career.

Southgate is dead to me.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do what England did in the cricket and look outside the box. Southgate has all the inspiration of a wet fart. Proper and inspirational leadership needed.

Back
Top Bottom