Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Southampton verdict

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Odd one, thought we were 2nd best but looked a massive threat when had ball. Midfield struggled to get any control. I enjoyed watching it though. 3 goals and a massive 3 points. Brilliant

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Amazing win. Really exciting game, especially last 15m. Could have been about 5 each.

Toti calm and untroubled, RAN very good again. Kilman exceptional.
Southampton are a decent team and that win can't be underestimated.

Now it's time to watch Coutinho break his leg on his debut for Veeela.

Montana_Man

Groupie
Reaction score
Well done lads! Back in to 8th and 10 points from the last 12!

-Traore scores!! So happy for him
-Toti with a great debut. Not perfect, but well done none the less. Could be some player there.
-Ward-Prowse still the best in the business on free kicks

UTW!

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure we deserved the three points but we will take them. Podence is key to us and RAN is a class act. Kilman best defender as usual. Toti, meh, didn't really do a lot and looked lost at times but its only a temporary role so doesn't matter too much. Good to see Traore actually finish something, especially after the horror miss moment before, hopefully this added a few million to his fee.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great result against a team who dicked our next opponents Brentford 4-1 in their last match, and are unbeaten in 5 games so a confident side, love it

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Bloody hell! Got away with that a little bit but in fairness, we’re owed a couple of slightly lucky wins after those first three games.

Kilman MoM closely followed by Sa and Coady. Another great cameo from Fabio.

Made up for Adama.

And that strike from Ward-Prowse is the best opposition strike I can remember since Danny Dichio. Was impressed with Southampton. One of the better sides we’ve faced this season.

Sa 8
Kilman 8
Coady 8
Gomes 6
Semedo 7
Dendoncker 6
Moutinho 6
RAN 7
Podence 7
Raul 7
Trincao 6

Adama 7
Fabio 7

Get in there boys!

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Magnificent performances throughout the team, special mention for Sa who is phenomenal.

That was the FIRST time we've ever done the DOUBLE over Southampton in the top flight - at the seventeenth time of asking! Well done to all the lads... and to our magnificent BRUNO!!

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Verdict: it takes a daydream goal to beat Jose Sa, and RAN is brilliant. Drew the pen, pumped in a beautiful ball for the set piece goal, and sent in Adama for the 3rd, all without ever looking stressed in his own half.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
great result, good to see us back in the goals again
Southampton had a few chances to make score closer than it was, but good performance by us.
Raul calm as you like for the penalty as usual
Coady first home league goal :D
An Traore finally shows some composure in front of goal for a good third (even it it did scupper my 2-1 prediction)
Good Debut from Gomes, looked solid
Podence lively as usual
and another great save from Sa

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Taking a step back, we are joint 7th in the league, with Man United. We had abit of a meh season last year but the 2 years previous we finished 7th twice, arguably should have been higher the second time round. Played in Europe and been to FA Cup semi final.

I know we all want more, and I can’t help but think we are so, so close to really being a top team, but for any Wolves fan my age, these really are the days. Easy to take it all for granted sometimes.

As for today, rode our luck a little at times, but given the players we had missing, what a superb result. Sa is my favourite signing for a long, long time.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great win....albeit one I felt was very lucky!

Traore redemption arc was quick and surprising.

Toti looked a mixture between composed and clumsy - you could tell he hadn't played with the team before but he certainly didn't let himself down in any way.

Kilman was absolutely phenomenal and my MOTM. Coady very good too.

Ward Prowse's free kick was ridiculous. Couldn't even get annoyed.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some fantastic performances of real note today from Gomes and Sa. But the rest of the defence was still excellent and didn’t look like a beat was missed in their communication, movement and passing without Sais and that is a massive positive after last week and one that is fantastic for the future with Gomes and Kilmans ages!

But the cameos from Silva and Traore were great and Fabio is really coming into his element now and has to be knocking on the door for more minutes.

And the treble assist king (fantasy footy will give an assist for the pen lol) Ait Nouri, fantastic performance with the ball and showing why all the top clubs will be chasing him very soon!!

Like buses we waited for goals, then we get 6 in two games!!!!

Up to eighth and Europe is still there to dream for!!!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played soton twice and they deserve two draws. Harsh

Sa - 9 amazing. I don’t think he can do much with free kick having seen replay. Outrageous

Back 3 - 8. solid . Toti slotted in very well. Keep him!

Wing backs 8 - covered so much ground . Nearly 3 assists for ait nouri!

Moutinho - 8 absolutely brilliant at times

Dendoncker 7 - outnumbered so struggled

Trincao 5 - so poor

Podence - 6 also gave the ball away easily but was our creative spark going forward

Jimenez 7 - did the simple things well

Silva - 9 brilliant

Traore 8 - one awful miss and one goal which we think he should do a lot more often. Lethal . Those two subs got us across the line in the end

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good enough debut from Gomes, coached through it by our captain! Podence the ultimate scrapper as ever, could be 3/3 MOTM’s….?

Fair play Traore, smashes a sitter into row Z but thankfully makes up for it a minute later.

Gotta feel for Sa, plays an absolute blinder but was never stopping that free kick, which IMO was given away by a stupid challenge by I think Moutinho.

Great win.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not our best performance didn't have much control in the game mainly because Neves was missing today showed how important he is to us even if we did win and score three goals!

Massive shout out to Toti Gomes who was solid through out and showed ability on the ball, the more he plays the more confidence he gets.. Well done to him! Ait-Nouri was good next to him also...

Silva again impressed with his cameo non stop running and won the ball back for us a few times while also winning free kicks. Can see he is playing with more confidence in himself with that move when he had an attempt on goal, going to be a top player no doubt for me!

The one big negative for me is Dendoncker I just don't see it with him he just doesn't do enough on the ball always plays it simple looks to get rid of it as soon as he receives it and also not strong enough winning the ball back..

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Taking a step back, we are joint 7th in the league, with Man United. We had abit of a meh season last year but the 2 years previous we finished 7th twice, arguably should have been higher the second time round. Played in Europe and been to FA Cup semi final.

I know we all want more, and I can’t help but think we are so, so close to really being a top team, but for any Wolves fan my age, these really are the days. Easy to take it all for granted sometimes.

As for today, rode our luck a little at times, but given the players we had missing, what a superb result. Sa is my favourite signing for a long, long time.
Take the first 3 results out of it - and assume we won - we would be 4th. Mental

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Fantastic to get 3 points when we're missing Saiss and Neves. Southampton were very much in form so for us to beat them without a few key players is brilliant. At 2-0 it felt like one of those regulation wins we used to get at Molineux against mid-table sides under Nuno. Brilliant response to their goal though.

Shout outs to:
Sa - superb again
Kilman - as solid as ever
Coady - for a Molineux goal
Gomes - surprise assured performance
Traore - for finally breaking his duck and keeping his head up after missing the earlier chance.

I can relax my journey home now and enjoy listening to 606. Up the Wolves!

L78

Reaction score
Great win against a good Southampton side. nail biting towards the end definitely missed neves in the middle of the park

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could not understand why our players did not do a wall in front of the free-kick from which they scored. But still very pleased with the result and all the players deserve no less than 7. SA deserve a 9 for the great saves he made particularly in the first half. He could do nothing with their goal.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great win. Most of it has been said but…

Sa is amazing.
Toti was good and will improve even more.
Kilman is England’s best centre back.
Coady looked after Toti well and I’m made up he scored.
RAN was very good.
Trincao faded when their left back started to kick him to bits but it was one of his better performances for us.
Raul linked up play well.
Podence was hit and miss.
Moutinho was class and had to be as Donk was anonymous.

Did we deserve the win? Maybe. They created a host of nearly chances and the defence earned their money but I wouldn’t say it was a smash and grab.

If Neves plays today then it’s an easy 2/3-0 game.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good game, plenty of chances for both teams,Saints played the better overall,but we created the better chances and for a change took a few
Sa outstanding,and after a shaky few minutes thought Kilman was superb
Brilliant free kick from Prowse,cant argue with that
Good to see Traore get a goal after another bad miss,Podence was a pain in their backside all game,and another good cameo from Silva
Overall we deserved it and Southampton are definitely no mugs,happy days

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We missed Neves, Raul did hard yards Fabio continues to develop. Very happy

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Thought Moutinho was up and down. Goal came from him giving the ball away which he did a few times. Struggled a bit when pressed hard. He and Donk don't work, too negative

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done Adama, excellent finish

Have to be fair and praise where due although my other half did say he missed the easier one just before! This is Adama!

Delighted for Toti who looked immense and I get why we aren’t just bringing in numbers for the sake of it.

Happy days

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The kind of performance you might expect playing with quite a slow, sluggish midfield. Dendoncker is struggling a bit these days. Quality in other areas saw us through though. Hope Neves is back soon with no long term effects.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was weird wasn’t it? Felt like we never really got out of 2nd gear.

Great result though. They’re a good, competitive side.

Sometimes you just have to applaud excellence. James Ward-Prowse. Absolutely unbelievable.
Sign him up, lol!

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
When we have the ball we look dangerous but we couldn’t really hold onto it today

Back
Top Bottom