Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Something has to change

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The team is on a terrible run, the defence that was so solid cant buy a clean sheet and we still cant score. The ground is gradually mouldering away. Next season leicester, newcastle and maybe villa will be back. Ive been behind fosun from the start but they need to invest or sell or we will be back playing wigan soon

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worst thing to do in a good position is to get complacent.

They either back the manager or sack the manager. I think that would be very harsh but, like @Tring Wolf says, I struggle to make a compelling case that Bruno is the man.

I hope he does well but we don't look like beating anyone at the moment. Then again, over the course of the season, he has enough credit in the bank. We were worried we wouldn't keep hold of him 3 months ago.

In between the usual folk saying 'Fosun Out', I think there is a growing concern amongst the more sensible fanbase that Mr Lage may not be an excellent tactician. I would argue that replacing Nuno with him hasn't really done much.

We find ourselves facing a summer asking can we keep hold of player x, worrying that the manager has 'lost it' and that we can't score goals.

Which goes back to the original point: sack or back. Make a decision and follow through.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will... and it will be players that have gone stale and apathetic.

With the rumoured good vibes coming from those ITK, I can see a huge shake up.
Expect Boly ,Coady ,Neves ,Mout and Saiss moved on.

Remember the last time we had a huge rebuild.... Mendes had a field day. And he will again. Clients , clients,clients

Bruno will get the players he wants and not have to fulfil the whims of those here and the implanted defensive attitude

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will... and it will be players that have gone stale and apathetic.

With the rumoured good vibes coming from those ITK, I can see a huge shake up.
Expect Boly ,Coady ,Neves ,Mout and Saiss moved on.

Remember the last time we had a huge rebuild.... Mendes had a field day. And he will again. Clients , clients,clients

Bruno will get the players he wants and not have to fulfil the whims of those here and the implanted defensive attitude
Seriously doubt anyone on here's ITK

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Surely it’s become apparent to everyone now that we started going wrong the moment we invested the Jota money on Silva. That money needed to be spent strengthening the 1st team not a backhander favour to Mendes. Besides that terrible bit of business I just don’t see any difference between Nuno & Bruno. Style hasn’t improved, tactics haven’t improved and some truly baffling line ups and substitutions. Poor displays happen we had plenty under Nuno such as Huddersfield, Cardiff, Shrewsbury in the cup among others but the difference is we seemed to bounce back. We’ve had no reaction from the team this season. Lost to Burnley so thought the team would be up for it against Newcastle but no reaction and that to me is the telling thing. The team aren’t behind Bruno for whatever reason. It could be the public throwing players under the bus or something else. Whatever it is I think his days are numbered as are plenty of the squad.

T

TheConcourse

I’m conflicted. I look at these players and it’s very clear some have downed tools.

When I look back at the season and the frustrations of Bruno wanting them to play forward quicker - it kinda never happened.

We went on a great run earlier in the season, picked up enough points to survive and it almost vindicated that we should continue with the old style with glimpses of more attacking play: Kilman stepping out of defence occasionally.

There’s never a good time to transition your style in the PL. That’s the crux of it. It’s a very risky business when you don’t have much cash to play with.

When the squad is bang out of form and you turn to selling your shining light to raise it then you’re playing with fire.

Most of us recognise it needs to happen, because Jeff isn’t going to ask Fosun for significant investment to “move up two extra places”.

Very concerning all round tbh.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Currently, only think the following likely possible starters will be here next season, so a major summer and have no faith in Shi/Sellars to undertake the refreshment of the squad required, indeed the first priority should be their replacements:

Sa
Semedo
Kilman
Toti
Mosquera (questionable not seen enough)
ANR
Neto
Fabio
Hwang (unfortunately!)
Chiq

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m conflicted. I look at these players and it’s very clear some have downed tools.

When I look back at the season and the frustrations of Bruno wanting them to play forward quicker - it kinda never happened.

We went on a great run earlier in the season, picked up enough points to survive and it almost vindicated that we should continue with the old style with glimpses of more attacking play: Kilman stepping out of defence occasionally.

There’s never a good time to transition your style in the PL. That’s the crux of it. It’s a very risky business when you don’t have much cash to play with.

When the squad is bang out of form and you turn to selling your shining light to raise it then you’re playing with fire.

Most of us recognise it needs to happen, because Jeff isn’t going to ask Fosun for significant investment to “move up two extra places”.

Very concerning all round tbh.
I disagree... true that there is never a great time to change formation but the players have to buy into it.
They tried but they are not good enough to play it. (Or have had this "defensive" attitude drilled into them for years they are not brave enough on the ball)

The "shining light" has done more than enough for us but has he honestly shown enough to possible suitors this season.

T

TheConcourse

I disagree... true that there is never a great time to change formation but the players have to buy into it.
They tried but they are not good enough to play it. (Or have had this "defensive" attitude drilled into them for years they are not brave enough on the ball)
With you if a core of players leave. We’re stuck in no man’s lane right now. Players have to buy in.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely it’s become apparent to everyone now that we started going wrong the moment we invested the Jota money on Silva. That money needed to be spent strengthening the 1st team not a backhander favour to Mendes. Besides that terrible bit of business I just don’t see any difference between Nuno & Bruno. Style hasn’t improved, tactics haven’t improved and some truly baffling line ups and substitutions. Poor displays happen we had plenty under Nuno such as Huddersfield, Cardiff, Shrewsbury in the cup among others but the difference is we seemed to bounce back. We’ve had no reaction from the team this season. Lost to Burnley so thought the team would be up for it against Newcastle but no reaction and that to me is the telling thing. The team aren’t behind Bruno for whatever reason. It could be the public throwing players under the bus or something else. Whatever it is I think his days are numbered as are plenty of the squad.
IMO is the apathetic attitude of the players more than anything else

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
11 points from the last 13 games (and not a particularly challenging run of fixtures). If replicated over the course of a full season, it would almost certainly send us down. The most worrying thing for me is that points tally is probably fair based on performances in those games.

I guess the question is whether it’s a blip or is there any evidence that Bruno can turn this around (or manage a big rebuild).

Bloody tough call to make.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
11 points from the last 13 games (and not a particularly challenging run of fixtures). If replicated over the course of a full season, it would almost certainly send us down. The most worrying thing for me is that points tally is probably fair based on performances in those games.

I guess the question is whether it’s a blip or is there any evidence that Bruno can turn this around (or manage a big rebuild).

It's not a tough call. If Nuno didn't get away with last season despite three outstanding seasons in the bank Lage should be heading back to Portugal a week on Monday on a one-way ticket. There is no evidence he is the man to turn things around. The players clearly aren't playing for him, the defence gets worse week on week and we make it up as we go along when in possession. Teams have worked out how to stop us playing and he's got no answer to it. He plays Hwang repeatedly when a blind man can see he's not a PL player, he's been reluctant to play Silva despite Raul being very poor. Toti showed today he is a better option than Boly or Saiss and he will get better whilst the latter decline. As a coach he has no obvious redeeming features and he has reached the "don't know what to do to stop the rot" phase he reached at Benfica. Get rid or we'll go down next season.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's the expectations that need to change for me ....talk of the top 6, has always been fantasy land.....yes weve come close a couple of times . .looked close this season but it was always gotta peter out....

People don't like to hear it but when they say we ain't gonna bankrupt club for a couple of places in the league it's probably right ..

Not saying we don't need to strengthen, change a few players or even a formation but if you are expecting new owners, new manager and new players in the summer to challenge the top 6, then unfortunately you are always gonna be disappointed.....

Last edited:

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Don’t sure it’s a tough call. Seems easy to me!
Mind it shouldn’t stop with binning off Bruno there’s some real deadwood that needs shifting. Pray for some action

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem is this should’ve started last summer. We should’ve had a striker to compete with Raul, we should’ve had a central midfielder to compete with Neves and Moutinho, we should’ve had a centre half to compete with Saiss.

Now we’re in a position where we have to sign all of those positions in one transfer window just to replace the guys that will be leaving. So something will change because it’s been forced on the club due to their lack of action and planning over the last couple of years.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem is this should’ve started last summer. We should’ve had a striker to compete with Raul, we should’ve had a central midfielder to compete with Neves and Moutinho, we should’ve had a centre half to compete with Saiss.

Now we’re in a position where we have to sign all of those positions in one transfer window just to replace the guys that will be leaving. So something will change because it’s been forced on the club due to their lack of action and planning over the last couple of years.
It's alright though, we're 8th!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would remove shi from any responsibility at the club - likewise the 3 sidekicks .

Playing pernsonell you could make a case the following to leave:

Hwang
Trincao
Moutinho - keep if he stays as a squad player
Dendoncker
Jimenez
Boly
Coady
Ruddy
Hoever

Starting 11:

Sa
Semedo NEW gomes Jonny
NEW NEW
Chiquino podence Neto
NEW

Kilman, Silva, ait nouri on the bench

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nearly 50 years on and the parallels with the early1970’s are uncanny. Back then, the club’s failure to adequately replace key players triggered a rapid demise and eventual relegation. If the club mess up recruitment this summer, a tough season could be in the cards. With Scott Sellars at the wheel I fear the worst.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Something has changed, Our build ups are so slow and ponderous, and our defence can be sliced through like cheese, we have big big problems throughout the team, and I have little confidence that Shi and Co know what players are out there to fix them, Bruno will take us down if we dont strengthen in key areas for next season, Coady and Boly are to slow now, Ruben needs help in midfield (not Joao) Hwang would be good for them crap down the A41, Chico aint ready to start games, Raul needs replacing (not Fabio) we simply have little or no goal threat at the moment and what we do have is so so slow, 1 goal in 2 games against Norwich shows where we are lacking, basically a minimum of half the Team needs moving out..

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A number of teams that finished below us have genuine reason to feel they will finish higher next season. Unless something fundamental changes, I don’t think many of us share the same optimism. Brentford today for example scored 3 and came from behind twice away to Everton who have picked up recently. Other than nicking a goal and hanging on, I just don’t think we’ve got a team that could do that. After 4 consecutive seasons in the Premier League we shouldn’t be allowing teams in the lower half of the table to dictate the play on an increasingly regular basis.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nearly 50 years on and the parallels with the early1970’s are uncanny. Back then, the club’s failure to adequately replace key players triggered a rapid demise and eventual relegation. If the club mess up recruitment this summer, a tough season could be in the cards. With Scott Sellars at the wheel I fear the worst.
!? The early 70s:

70-71 4th
71-72 9th and UEFA Cup finalists
72-73 5th
73-74 12th and won the League Cup
74-75 12th

That's the early 70s

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
!? The early 70s:

70-71 4th
71-72 9th and UEFA Cup finalists
72-73 5th
73-74 12th and won the League Cup
74-75 12th

That's the early 70s
Go back and read my post again, I think you misunderstand. We had a great team in the early 70’s on the verge of something special. But the abysmal recruitment that followed, i.e., failure to adequately replace Bailey, Dogan, Waggy, Parkes, McCalliog and a few others, led to relegation in 1975/76. Considering the success of early 70’s , that was a pretty rapid decline and one totally down to high-level mismanagement.

PM Wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Agree with the rebuild, it's a shame it wasn't gradual but looking at the squad I can make a case for 10 leaving the club (it won't happen). I'd bring back MGW, Ronan, Lonwijk and Sarkic and promote 2/3 u23s
to bulk out the squad and use the funds to buy ready made players.

SA - stay
Ruddy - Gone

Hoever - stay
Semedo - stay
Jonny - stay
RAN - stay
Marcal - gone

Coady - sell
Boly - sell
Toti - stay
Yerson - stay
Kilman - stay
Saiss - gone

Mouts - sell
Neves - stay (but going)
Dendoncker - sell
Cundle - stay

Neto - stay
Hwang - stay
Podence - stay
Traore - sell
Trincao - gone
Chiq - stay

Raul - sell
Silva - stay

11 players (assuming Neves) going - 5/6 back from loan and buy 4/5 for first team, move to 4 at the back and build from there.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Wolves Instagram has dropped the most cryptic of clues as to who is off, in my opinion.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

The Wolves Instagram has dropped the most cryptic of clues as to who is off, in my opinion.
Not sure I see the market, Newcastle about the only club or perhaps a newly promoted one who plays a 3 at the back?

Back
Top Bottom