Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Small time Jeff strikes again.....

Benny78

Reaction score
Hope the fans at brentford tomorrow let the powers that be know what we all feel.
That’s the way to support your club in their push for Europe.

So the fans whinge after the summers transfer activity and loss of coach saying the club is going backwards and has no ambition. We perform well despite this and find ourselves in a position to finish high and play in Europe but we whinge and question them anyway before the season ends? Wow.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That’s the way to support your club in their push for Europe.

So the fans whinge after the summers transfer activity and loss of coach saying the club is going backwards and has no ambition. We perform well despite this and find ourselves in a position to finish high and play in Europe but we whinge and question them anyway before the season ends? Wow.
I agree the method dont concede dont lose has done well so far.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right..... which goes back around to the terms and conditions and whether what Traore was offered was poor.
Well Wolves wanted Traore to stay and therefore thry offered him a new contract.
Don‘t you think they offered him a reasonable salary increase? I doubt they lowballed him. That would just cause resentment and also, the rest of the squad would soon know.
Most likely they offered him fair money.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well Wolves wanted Traore to stay and therefore thry offered him a new contract.
Don‘t you think they offered him a reasonable salary increase? I doubt they lowballed him. That would just cause resentment and also, the rest of the squad would soon know.
Most likely they offered him fair money.
Wolves spent a summer trying to lowball teams for players, some of them extremely public (Kieffer Moore), the same owners who have lowballed fixing the ground, lowballed backing managers... and you think they wouldn't do the same with a players contract.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Whoever is in charge of transfer negotiations needs a brain transplant.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The situation from today strikes me as very similar to the one at the start of last season. Cashed in on
Jota, and never really replaced him, condemning the club to an undermanned and somewhat demoralised
squad, which got found out pretty quickly.

This is worse in my view, because of the abymsal timing, right on the cusp of a big game tomorrow, (it appears
Shi couldnt even wait the weekend out), and on the edge of Wolves' best chance of a top 4 finish in fifty years.
Yes 50 years.

Its close to impossible to understand how such a move could be sanctioned. The players wanted Adama to stay, as
did the coach, knowing his importance to the team.

Not only has Shi acted irrationally in terms of the club's interests, he has also acted directly against the express wishes
of the manager and players.

Not how you build a happy organisation.

The alternative was to retain the player, and move him on in the summer when the trainer had time to develop
a replacement, and everyone's happy.

Shockingly stupid.
want-some-cheese-with-that-whine.jpg

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So many opinions and assumptions. We already had a replacement for jota in neto. Jotas head was turned and we got a good fee for him. You really think we could convince him to stay when liverpool come knocking. Double his wages, sure, then he is on more than the rest of the squad, so they all want a pay rise, and all of a sudden you spend all your money on wages and nothing left for any new signings at all.

This model is the only way we can have any hopes of competing. Keep all our best players, we have nothing to spend in the transfer windows cause all our turnover is spent on wages. We always knew we would try to sell 1 to 2 of our best players each season, with those funds recycled into buying the next up and coming potential star.

How do you know what the players are thinking and wanting. For all you know they may be glad to see the back of him. Soundbites in the press are rarely what is reality.

Jeff shi can be accused of many things, but irrational isnt one of them.

Move him on in the summer, when we would get 10m, and then it would feel even more painful, and people would compare his sale price to the likes of Hugil et al.

Chance of top 4- id love it if we got anywhere near but the reality is 6th is likely our best position, even if we kept adama. It needs all 4 of west ham, man utd, spurs and arsenal to really **** up to get that 4th position.

The questions really should be,

Has traore been used incorrectly during his time at wolves? He has been tried as a striker, a winger an inside forward on the left and right, a wingback, yet his goal contributions are so low

Should we offer him top wages to keep him? No, his outputs are not enough to be our top earner

Should we try and get more money for him? Of course, but if theres no demand, and you have to ask the question why there isnt a queue of teams trying to sign him, then
Good summary, well said.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry WolvesJoe I don't agree it's so black and white as you think.

And I am 1000% certain that Jeff has never made an irrationally decision in his life.

He may be wrong or right about this, but given the complex web of facts available to him the decision will be logical.

Part of that decision making process will be what they plan to do with the money - and be prapared to have to wait for the summer to really understand the plans.

Jeff may well have made a mistake selling, that largely depends on how Adama does for Spurs and how we use the money - but I really don't believe this is some sort of knee jerk brain dead decision.
More a knee jerk brain dead response.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That 8th in the PL is brilliant?
Do you think it's a good deal for our club? Or would you have negotiated a better price for the good of our club. I'd bet you could have got us a better deal and not folded at the first opportunity.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody hell. Some folk love any chance for a Moan. I'll miss Traore as it's fun having the 'fastest' player. He's probably the third best winger at the club and he wants to be one of the highest wages. Doesn't correlate. All well and good in theory, but what about when the 3rd beat striker or 3rd best LB start letting their contract run down in expectation of a big raise? Suddenly you have the likes of Tal Ben Haim on a massive salary!

Big criticism is that we held on to him for too long. I'm all about selling players at the right time, and we waited far too long to sell Adama.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you think it's a good deal for our club? Or would you have negotiated a better price for the good of our club. I'd bet you could have got us a better deal and not folded at the first opportunity.
Given the circumstances, it's probably about fair. It should never have been let to drag on though and I've have sold him a good while ago. I completely understand Traore being a squad player for a top team with the available cash and wage structure. We simply cannot afford it though. The enigmatic flashes of brilliance are all too rare

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope the fans at brentford tomorrow let the powers that be know what we all feel.
Whats that then? - cause I‘m pretty sure you don’t feel the same as me.
at best I am ambivalent to him moving.

Financially as pointed out by @Cuban Wolf - it’s actually a reasonable deal for someone with that length of contract. Not the best, not the worst, but reasonable- and there aren’t a queue of bidders to trade off against each other.

Some of the valuations of £50m or more are frankly ridiculous. He’s undoubtedly exciting, he’s at times unstoppable, but ultimately his end product is consistently lacking.

Comparisons to the greasy transfer fee are ridiculous- for all that I dislike the greasy odious diving cheating **** - his outputs way exceed anything traore has ever been remotely near. He had a long term contract AND I believe a release clause in that shiny new long contract. And the English factor increase that fee or value further.

For all people like you and meltdownjoe there are as equal a number that aren’t going to get hysterical, can see the limitations and can see a picture bigger than a postage stamp.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Given the circumstances, it's probably about fair. It should never have been let to drag on though and I've have sold him a good while ago. I completely understand Traore being a squad player for a top team with the available cash and wage structure. We simply cannot afford it though. The enigmatic flashes of brilliance are all too rare
Fair responce.
I appreciate that he had to go at some point. I just really feel we have just rolled over with the negotiations.
And it all reeks of desperation imho.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair responce.
I appreciate that he had to go at some point. I just really feel we have just rolled over with the negotiations.
And it all reeks of desperation imho.
Hmmm, not my take on it but I don't rate him as highly as most folk. I think 20mil is slightly under market value, but very fair in terms of ability - if that makes sense!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody hell. Some folk love any chance for a Moan. I'll miss Traore as it's fun having the 'fastest' player. He's probably the third best winger at the club and he wants to be one of the highest wages. Doesn't correlate. All well and good in theory, but what about when the 3rd beat striker or 3rd best LB start letting their contract run down in expectation of a big raise? Suddenly you have the likes of Tal Ben Haim on a massive salary!

Big criticism is that we held on to him for too long. I'm all about selling players at the right time, and we waited far too long to sell Adama.
I totally agree ... except you dont sell players....clubs buy them......I dont think anybody has wanted adama personally....and not for a fee that we thought was appropriate......spurs are still stuttering for 20m.....we tried all summer for 30m , no takers.....

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look multiple outlets reported it, he was offered big money around October 2020… didn’t sign. We tried again in October 2021… didn’t sign. Can only go on the news out there. I’m sure we wouldn’t have low balled a player at the peak of his powers being courted by the very best clubs in the world.
And Tottenham

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Seriously Hogan, I asked you this before and didn't get a response.

In the summer, you said:
- the executive team have been '**** poor'.
- Shi had lied to us (mentioned on multiple occasions)
- We'd had '5 meh/bad windows' (this presumably a six
- You were 'genuinely struggling to sleep' because you were so angry
- They 'deserve all the criticism they get'

Sorry to pick you out on this as do think you're a good, and balanced, poster. You gave them until the end of the window, which was fair, and then you clearly weren't happy as I've picked out above and there could have been more!

Of course, you might have just changed your mind, fine. But, why? Are your feelings on the way Wolves are run really defined by half a season worth of positive results? Again, sorry for going through old posts as a bit of a ****ty thing to do, it's nothing personal against you, just remember you were very vocal about them after the window and now you're completely the opposite and I don't get it.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whats that then? - cause I‘m pretty sure you don’t feel the same as me.
at best I am ambivalent to him moving.

Financially as pointed out by @Cuban Wolf - it’s actually a reasonable deal for someone with that length of contract. Not the best, not the worst, but reasonable- and there aren’t a queue of bidders to trade off against each other.

Some of the valuations of £50m or more are frankly ridiculous. He’s undoubtedly exciting, he’s at times unstoppable, but ultimately his end product is consistently lacking.

Comparisons to the greasy transfer fee are ridiculous- for all that I dislike the greasy odious diving cheating **** - his outputs way exceed anything traore has ever been remotely near. He had a long term contract AND I believe a release clause in that shiny new long contract. And the English factor increase that fee or value further.

For all people like you and meltdownjoe there are as equal a number that aren’t going to get hysterical, can see the limitations and can see a picture bigger than a postage stamp.
The bigger picture is that we have to sell to buy and that Fosun have lost interest.

Money does not guarantee success but it's the way you judge the ambition of an owner. For a few years now Fosun have not put anything in (fine, up to them) but the fact people still pretend it's some sort of bigger strategy is hilarious.

We're selling Traore because we need to in order to bring new players in.
We sold Jota because we needed to bring players. in.

Again, I'm not complaining at this, but stop pretending that it's anything other than owners who no longer have ambition and are ensuring everything is funded by trades. We're in the Mike Ashley position with Newcastle now. In fact, we're not because he still spend more trying to sell the club.

Unfortunately I predict another three years before fans accept what we are.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Have said that it was time to cut ties with traore just to get this saga over with so not gonna criticise the club if the money isnt spent (mainly because im not expecting it to). But you do feel if neves sold in the summer it could all come crashing down. Big if though.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have said that it was time to cut ties with traore just to get this saga over with so not gonna criticise the club if the money isnt spent (mainly because im not expecting it to). But you do feel if neves sold in the summer it could all come crashing down. Big if though.
Why wouldn't you criticise the club if money isn't spent?

Our squad isn't good enough, our manager isn't happy and prices went up across the board for fans. Making a £25-30m profit over the season on transfer sales in that situation would be unacceptable.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big clubs almost never engage in these kind of "strengthen your rival, weaken yourself" type of
transfers, particularly at mid-point.

There is good reason for that.

Arsenal, a bigger club than us used to do it.
Spurs, a bigger club than us have done it.
Leciester, bigger club than us have done it.

Give over man. Embarrassing.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arsenal, a bigger club than us used to do it.
Spurs, a bigger club than us have done it.
Leciester, bigger club than us have done it.

Give over man. Embarrassing.
How many in January? (I don't know, so could be loads, I'm not asking in a ****y way)

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Who is the ‘we’ you speak of?
Coz the few on here speak for the masses. No respect we all know if a player wont sign a contract it's best to cash in, but negotiations favour Tottenham rather than us. That's the issue I have.

Back
Top Bottom