Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Small time Jeff strikes again.....

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't get this drive to spend the money in this window - why are people saying this deal is bad if we don't spend the money next week?

If we had waited his price was going down and we have his wages - any potential targets may be either available in the summer or cheaper.

If we get the right deal next week then fine, but I think people need to think of the bigger picture.
The bigger picture is you make more money progressing further up the table, by handing one of the teams we are chasing a player, we've given them an advantage and basically cut our nose to spite our face.

R

reanswolf

Sorry Joe, I like a lot of what you say, but this is unfair IMO.

I'd be sad to see Adama go but hey...........he doesn't want to be here.

But I agree that we must reinvest. Lets give them that chance before judgement

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its a strange narrative that he doesn't want to be here, has he come out and said as much, has he downed tools, is the transfer request in?

None of us know what he was offered, he could have been offered two sacks of potato with a camel and been turning that down.

If you've got 18 months left on a contract and you are getting offered pittance with regards to a new one, would you be chomping at the bit to sign up.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The bigger picture is you make more money progressing further up the table, by handing one of the teams we are chasing a player, we've given them an advantage and basically cut our nose to spite our face.
A player that rarely starts for us,has underachieved for over a season and wants to leave

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t we have this argument when Doc left?

One of the biggest criticisms of previous regimes was players stayed over loyalty to them instead of being ruthless.

If Adama wanted to stay he would have signed a contract by now. He clearly won’t as it’s rumoured he wants to be the highest earner. At no point does he deserve that.

I have no issue with wolves selling in this instance if he won’t sign.

Cuban Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Hey - This is business.

Traore signed a 5 year contract when he joined Wolves.
Wolves made the offer, Traore signed accepting it.
It is a contract. It takes two to tango, therefore both sides have to agree.
We don't know what he has been offered to renew his contact, but us mortals will never know, but again both sides have to agree, (teo to tango, and all that).
Numbers:
A player is only worth what someone else or team is willing to pay for them. Some of you may thing Adama is worth more, or may be less, it is a matter of opinion.
But as mentioned so many times on here, a player is classed a depreciating asset, which is written off to zero, over the term of the contract. So
Year 1 Traore was bought for £18,000,000, this in terms of Wolves is written off, by £30,000 per month (£18m/60).
So now - 18 months left on the contract means that in Wolves accounts Traore is worth £5,400,000. (42 months of contract expired)
So if Wolves sell for anything over £5.4m they will make a profit. They have already accounted for this over the last 42 months.
It has been obvious that Adama, love him or not, does not want to sign another contract, therefore Wolves have made plans, and have built this scenario into their thinking and planning.
Wolves are not stupid. They are astute, forward thinking, and of course business people. Look at it in their eyes. This is good business.
That is the reality of it - but Adama is like Marmite, you love him or you don't! Me, for sure he is exciting, gets bums of seats, but is not consistent enough, and Wolves have shown that we can do ok without him.

Benny78

Reaction score
Its a strange narrative that he doesn't want to be here, has he come out and said as much, has he downed tools, is the transfer request in?

None of us know what he was offered, he could have been offered two sacks of potato with a camel and been turning that down.

If you've got 18 months left on a contract and you are getting offered pittance with regards to a new one, would you be chomping at the bit to sign up.
We was offered at least 100,000 a week previously and I remember seeing reports he would’ve been our highest paid player.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've gone away for half an hour and had a think and if we can get the old Pedro Neto back next month we will all pretty quickly forget Adama Traore imo. We know Neto offers us 10/20 times what Traore does and with Podence and Jimenez/Silva that's a forward line that most sides would dream of. I've already forgotten him.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm going to judge this transfer ultimately on whether we bring in a midfielder in the next week or so, pure and simple. If we let Traore go and do no business then it's a total shambles and Bruno will be rightly annoyed. If, however, we let Adama go and bring in a position that we need then fine. Over to you Jeff, get on with it... Selling a player and getting no one in won't wash. We're getting money in, no excuses and nowhere to hide.

Totally agree with this mate.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But he is the only player who hasn't signed a new deal ..when offered...we have had a lot of players signed new deals over the last couple of years ....we probably haven't offered him what he wants ..(top earner 120k a week)......but he would have been offered deal in line with what the others have been offered ...

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair point, but I’d argue that those saying we have rolled over and given into spurs and selling cheap, is that fact?
Well, I mean, 20mil with 2.75mil of addons was accepted... that's cheap, to give context, did we not pay 10mil to Liverpool for Hoever?

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, I mean, 20mil with 2.75mil of addons was accepted... that's cheap, to give context, did we not pay 10mil to Liverpool for Hoever?
Has it been accepted? Is it fact or rumour?

Honestly don’t think we will know the fee, it will be undisclosed.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But he is the only player who hasn't signed a new deal ..when offered...we have had a lot of players signed new deals over the last couple of years ....we probably haven't offered him what he wants ..(top earner 120k a week)......but he would have been offered deal in line with what the others have been offered ...
Have we? Truthfully none of us know what goes on behind the scenes, but we do know the club likes a narrative to be made that suits it, and they're not exactly impartial to bending truth in their favour. Apart from turning down a contract, of which none of us know what was written, Traore has done little to show he wanted out.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Benny78

Reaction score
And where would that source have come from...
Look multiple outlets reported it, he was offered big money around October 2020… didn’t sign. We tried again in October 2021… didn’t sign. Can only go on the news out there. I’m sure we wouldn’t have low balled a player at the peak of his powers being courted by the very best clubs in the world.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has it been accepted? Is it fact or rumour?

Honestly don’t think we will know the fee, it will be undisclosed.
Pretty much doing the rounds on every major sporting aspect, whilst these things could be wrong, usually a vast array printing the same news is an indication there is some truth in this.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have we? Truthfully none of us know what goes on behind the scenes, but we do know the club likes a narrative to be made that suits it, and they're not exactly impartial to bending truth in their favour. Apart from turning down a contract, of which none of us know what was written, Traore has done little to show he wanted out.
Coady, Nuno, Neto, Jonny, kilman, Raul .....have all signed new deals in the last couple of season....

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look multiple outlets reported it, he was offered big money around October 2020… didn’t sign. We tried again in October 2021… didn’t sign. Can only go on the news out there. I’m sure we wouldn’t have low balled a player at the peak of his powers being courted by the very best clubs in the world.
We low balled transfer offers during the summer if we are going for the multiple outlets route as well, so its well within our grasp, not mentioning other ventures currently around the club aside from players that are being done on the cheap or not at all.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady, Nuno, Neto, Jonny, kilman, Raul .....have all signed new deals in the last couple of season....
Right..... which goes back around to the terms and conditions and whether what Traore was offered was poor.

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Pretty much doing the rounds on every major sporting aspect, whilst these things could be wrong, usually a vast array printing the same news is an indication there is some truth in this.
That's what I said!! We agree :grinning:

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can I ask why you are believing these various outlets and yet question those that are pointing out he’s been offered a contract of over £100k.

What’s to say this rumour of £20m hasn’t been circulated by spurs to suit their narrative?

Just seems like someone want to believe things to suit their agenda.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I can’t see this as anything other than an absolute gift.
They thought Doherty was infuriating, wait until they get a load of this.
Give him away next year or cash in now?
It’s not hard from a business perspective.
I enjoyed the crazy sporadic runs with little end product.
I enjoyed watching him doubled and tripled up on but in terms of replacement, it won’t be hard to find a better footballer.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's what I said!! We agree :grinning:
Can I ask why you are believing these various outlets and yet question those that are pointing out he’s been offered a contract of over £100k.

What’s to say this rumour of £20m hasn’t been circulated by spurs to suit their narrative?

Just seems like someone want to believe things to suit their agenda.
Because an indication of some truth, not all truth, so do I believe that Traore wanted a higher wage? Sure, who doesn't.

Do I believe he wanted to be the highest earner and was demanded to be so? No.

Thus in the same vein, his actions haven't been of someone looking to force a way out, nor does he seem an individual who would make such demands.

So my inclination is just that, some truth indicated by various outlets but not being some form of set in stone.

Back
Top Bottom