Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Silva loan

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabios scores with a Gerd Muller-esque turn and finish!

Anderlecht 3-0 up. Realistically , their opponents are bottom of Champs/top of League 1 level.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabios scores with a Gerd Muller-esque turn and finish!

Anderlecht 3-0 up. Realistically , their opponents are bottom of Champs/top of League 1 level.
Are you watching a stream?

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going to be doing the lad good to be scoring

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just nearly got a second, some brilliant link up play from him. Great last ditch tackle to stop him

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly. A precisely why it’s a good move to loan him out this season.

It's a completely different dynamic playing for Anderlecht than for us. They are the big club, playing on the front foot against inferior opponents in nearly all matches. He's going to get chances offered to him, where for us, you have to make them out of next to nothing. As well as having little support , because we have to be wary of breaks and so on. Here, they often have 4 or 5 in the box in open play. It's like playing for current Leicester , but put in the Championship.

Will be interesting to see how he does against the 1 or 2 other decent sides in this league - Club Brugge and ... er.. is there another?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who on earth thought loaning Fabio out was a good idea based on how he is playing and the types of goals he is scoring based on our current issues?

That is a serious question and not overly meant in a bad way……

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched the whole match. Because it fulfills my fantasy of being a real life football scout :D

Summary - he played really well, an 8/10 performance. Scored quite a tricky finish - @clivewolves is spot on, it's almost a carbon copy of Raul's goal vs Man Utd. That kind of lightening spin and perfect shot is a sign of a good striker. Also, either he's really picked up some pace or that league is snails pace, as he outsprinted defenders on a couple of occasions, which we never saw in the PL. I reckon he is a bit faster. Did some neat, fast link up play at times. Pleased to see he got a really good ovation from fans when substituted late on ,they've really taken to him. The downside was his control did let him down on a few occasions, and he is still not really winning much in the air. And the opponents are bottom of a league that is barely Championship level, they were particularly awful in the first half when the goals were rolling in.

Overall, I reckon this could be the making of him and is really helping his development. He's clearly a gifted finisher, though still needs a bit of work on other aspects and Anderlecht looks the perfect place to do it.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched the whole match. Because it fulfills my fantasy of being a real life football scout :D

Summary - he played really well, an 8/10 performance. Scored quite a tricky finish - @clivewolves is spot on, it's almost a carbon copy of Raul's goal vs Man Utd. That kind of lightening spin and perfect shot is a sign of a good striker. Also, either he's really picked up some pace or that league is snails pace, as he outsprinted defenders on a couple of occasions, which we never saw in the PL. I reckon he is a bit faster. Did some neat, fast link up play at times. Pleased to see he got a really good ovation from fans when substituted late on ,they've really taken to him. The downside was his control did let him down on a few occasions, and he is still not really winning much in the air. And the opponents are bottom of a league that is barely Championship level, they were particularly awful in the first half when the goals were rolling in.

Overall, I reckon this could be the making of him and is really helping his development. He's clearly a gifted finisher, though still needs a bit of work on other aspects and Anderlecht looks the perfect place to do it.

So I read that as a very positive review then.

His first touch and hold up play was excellent when playing for us, so if he’s added finishing and pace then great! I’m sure he’ll get his first touch back.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He has got a bit of pace, he's by no means rapid but he's not a slouch, think it was against Villa last season in the first half we had a break, he made a run through the middle and looked like he was shifting a bit, physically he's unrecognisable from the 18 year old lad we signed two years ago (apart from his hair!)

He's got off to a great start there though, three goals in four appearances. He should arguably have another one or two goals to his name but every goal has been a quality finish, just hope he stays fit and continues his form

(Good write up, you should be a scout!)

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Good report thanks mate - I only saw the second half until he went off - but he won a couple of good flick ons against their centre backs which surprised/impressed me.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who on earth thought loaning Fabio out was a good idea based on how he is playing and the types of goals he is scoring based on our current issues?

Perspective! He is playing against a poor side in a league that is inferior to the Prem. Like going to Celtic in Scotland. When he was loaned, most thought it was good for his development and that was before Jimenez's injury. Hindsight is wonderful, but I still think his loan is necessary, especially if/when we bring Guedes in.

superwolves

Reaction score
He's just a young kid learning his trade imagine his ability when hes 25 and filled out abit. He just can't win with some people if he scores 50 goals he's playing in a weak league. Didn’t they say that about Bully in the 4th division

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think Wolves have been quite canny with sending Silva to Anderlecht. Belgian league is a decent enough standard and well-scouted by European teams.

PSG are one of the few teams that might have 30-40m lying around in their couch ;)

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perspective! He is playing against a poor side in a league that is inferior to the Prem. Like going to Celtic in Scotland. When he was loaned, most thought it was good for his development and that was before Jimenez's injury. Hindsight is wonderful, but I still think his loan is necessary, especially if/when we bring Guedes in.
Oh no I have the perspective he is scoring against weaker teams, believe me and I should have put that.

Put he scores 1/2 of the chances we missed at the weekend. He defo looks on good enough touch to score dendonkers one at the end of the first half. I think we are better with him than without him and with 5 subs he would/should have gotten game times based on Bruno’s comments about 3 subs and injuries meaning he couldn’t come on.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's just a young kid learning his trade imagine his ability when hes 25 and filled out abit. He just can't win with some people if he scores 50 goals he's playing in a weak league. Didn’t they say that about Bully in the 4th division
Fabio is going to be a quality player, his link play and some of his physical work got better and better last season and people forget Harry Kane wasn’t able to get regular minutes at league one at the same age. Not saying he is going to be better than Kane in the future, just that there is lots to be excited and positive about with the kid.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a completely different dynamic playing for Anderlecht than for us. They are the big club, playing on the front foot against inferior opponents in nearly all matches. He's going to get chances offered to him, where for us, you have to make them out of next to nothing. As well as having little support , because we have to be wary of breaks and so on. Here, they often have 4 or 5 in the box in open play. It's like playing for current Leicester , but put in the Championship.

Will be interesting to see how he does against the 1 or 2 other decent sides in this league - Club Brugge and ... er.. is there another?

That actually isn't the case anymore, the last few seasons i think third is their best finish and they even finished 8th one time and 6th another i think. Hopefully on the up again now and i think were 3rd last season.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great to see him scoring and he should hit 20 this term you would hope.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It is a good idea for the long term benefit to both wolves and silva. Right now he’s behind Jiminez so whilst he’d have started the first two games as soon as Raul was for he’d go back to 10 mins here and there. He’s absolutely desperate for full games for his development now

Reaction score
If/when Guedes comes in, him and Raul will give us some strong options up top, I also don’t think Hwang is as bad as the grief he gets, so whilst it’s a bit disconcerting to see Fabio scoring regularly whilst we’ve no one to score goals, in the medium term you’d hope it’ll be a big step towards the making of him. Nice mix of goals in the three, driving into the box, good run to receive the ball and dink it, then a sharp turn and precise finish. None of them have been tap ins from an easy squared chance because the team are battering the opposition

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is a good idea for the long term benefit to both wolves and silva. Right now he’s behind Jiminez so whilst he’d have started the first two games as soon as Raul was for he’d go back to 10 mins here and there. He’s absolutely desperate for full games for his development now
I agree 100% and I can’t edit posts to have made that change mate…..
I wish I could have and wanted to as soon as I pressed send as I was annoyed with myself that I hadn’t said I can see the positive in the loan too…..

Just a real shame he couldn’t continue that development as Bruno said he wanted to use him last season and couldn’t due to using so many subs unplanned for the wingbacks and if we had more subs he would have been used more.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At current rate certainly. Hasn’t he got 1 in every appearance so far, most of them as a sub?

It's 3 in 4 games now. Seems to be working out for him so far.

Really want it to work out for him, so a year away scoring loads of goals in a side that have high expectations of them will do him the world of good mentally - bit like Morgan at Sheff Utd last year.

Hope it carries on - Tempted by the Anderlecht home shirt as well tbh :wink:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio is going to be a quality player, his link play and some of his physical work got better and better last season and people forget Harry Kane wasn’t able to get regular minutes at league one at the same age. Not saying he is going to be better than Kane in the future, just that there is lots to be excited and positive about with the kid.

It's often said that Kane wasn't scoring in his loans, but became a top goal scorer later. What's missed is how important those loans were for his development. If you struggle score in League 1 or Championship, you sure as hell aren't going to score in the Premier League. How does that aid development? Running around with your team mates in training doesn't cut it. Having guaranteed starts at a lower level, playing first team competitive football *develops* a player. Saw it with MGW last season - he improved more in one season with Sheff U than in 3 with us.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loaning Fabio was a long overdue excellent decision.

Not bringing in a striker is a long overdue poor decision.

The two shouldn't be conflated
I'm still hoping that we have irons in the fire for Batman. I think he would do really well in this team and is exactly what we are missing.

Still need that elusive CM though.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Royale Union SG and Genk have been decent competition for the last couple of years.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh no I have the perspective he is scoring against weaker teams, believe me and I should have put that.

Put he scores 1/2 of the chances we missed at the weekend. He defo looks on good enough touch to score dendonkers one at the end of the first half. I think we are better with him than without him and with 5 subs he would/should have gotten game times based on Bruno’s comments about 3 subs and injuries meaning he couldn’t come on.
Now cast your mind back to Fabio in his first two seasons. Remember all the wasted opportunities and missed sitters?

That's why he's on loan. To make mistakes elsewhere, hone his skills and realize potential. Should hopefully be a massive asset for us next season.

stlwildcats

Reaction score
Royale Union SG and Genk have been decent competition for the last couple of years.
Have a shot to be in the Conference League as well. Look likely to plays Young Boys from Switzerland for the play off, which should be two good games, and more if they can make the group stage. Would be a lot of football for him if they can make it.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes- just noticed Royale Union SG are the team who beat Rangers 2-0. Second leg later today. Hadn't heard of them till then, though.

Back
Top Bottom