Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Silva loan

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been there a fair few times for work as well and I like it. Got character and something about it (and astonishingly, dangerously good beer which hope he doesn't get too familiar with).
Think that we are in violent agreement. Sounds like you get my Wolvo comparison.

I love moules frites (but not with the devil's own concoction that is mayo!) with my Belgian beer. Rather too many Brits come a cropper trying to session drink 8%+ beer lol......

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Think that we are in violent agreement. Sounds like you get my Wolvo comparison.

I love moules frites (but not with the devil's own concoction that is mayo!) with my Belgian beer. Rather too many Brits come a cropper trying to session drink 8%+ beer lol......
"it's only a half, I normally drink 5% pints". Oh my sweet summer child..
I am certainly not saying that from experience

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not to go overboard but just as a comparison it's a very Harry Kane-esque goal. The movement, power of strike, positioning, technique etc.
Driven side-foot, into the side netting?
Yes, very much my first impression.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been there a fair few times for work as well and I like it. Got character and something about it (and astonishingly, dangerously good beer which hope he doesn't get too familiar with).

Ah, Belgian beers! Remember my first business trip to Brussels, and a very sore head after my manager decided it would be good for us to try and work our way through variety of beers displayed on a shelf above the bar. Yep, a few late nights on business trips to Brussels over the years. Not familiar with the Anderlecht side of the city, as our office was on the other side, close to the airport. I also remember a particularly nice couple of evenings spent in bars around the square in Leuven with friends who were on assignment in Brussels and knew their way around. I could imagine Silva enjoying that lifestyle!

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we should have played him more last season. And none of this 3 minutes to go bull****. All it is gonna do is kill his confidence.

But Anderlecht brought him on as sub on 81 minutes. Didnt' seem to be a problem for him? It's developing his skills against a lower level of opposition that is going to give him confidence.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Hell of an angle. Lovely clean hit

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given the constant knocking by some so-called fans (of which you have emphatically been one), and the sketchy way he was at times scapegoated by the head coach last season, who could blame him? He will, just like MGW this summer, need to be convinced that his future lies at Molineux. He isn't, unlike MGW, a local lad either.
Scapegoated by the head coach? Really?

You criticise people for constantly knocking Fabio yet never miss a chance to get a dig in at Lage.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many times did Fabio play well then get dropped while others were underperforming and kept getting picked? It was widely noted at the time.
Not very often to be honest. Anyway, to suggest not picking him is “scapegoating” is nonsense.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many times did Fabio play well then get dropped while others were underperforming and kept getting picked? It was widely noted at the time.

He got 4 starts in a row after Xmas. Played reasonable in one of them, according to WhoScored, steadily declining ratings:

Villa 6.95
Newcastle 6.08
Burnley 5.95
Brighton 5.95

A couple of games earlier he played a full 90 against West Ham - where he put in good effort, but was totally outclassed by Zouma. (5.79 on Who Scored).

Yes, I know these are subjective ratings, but in absence of anything else - goals, assists, which were objectively zero, what else is there? In his defence, other than Villa, the team played badly as a whole in those matches. Others did underperform, but they are the ones with credit in the bank from having overperformed on numerous occasions before (as most of the team did before end of January 2022) . But still, in my opinion it's a bit of a myth than he played well and got dropped even once, let alone numerous times. Maybe as another stick to beat Bruno with, but mostly that we fans desperately want to see some return from our record signing.

On the goal he scored for Anderlecht, it really is an excellent finish and I think *that* is the thing people see in him. Well, it's what I see in him that is really outstanding anyway. :) He is a finisher, but the rest of his game still has a long way to go to get up to Premier League standard. He's still only 20, so there is plenty of time and no need to rush. The vast majority of strikers don't start scoring at highest level till they are 23 or 24, even older in some cases.

In those matches above, he always put in impressive effort and never gave up, but in the end, we needed someone to change those matches and at 19, it's unfair to expect him to be the game changer (that he may be in 3 or 4 years). This league is the highest level in the world, all I can see is eventually confidence draining and fans getting on his back. Development would lurch along, if at all ,and that's really important. Young players *need* competitive game time. I can't accept that he is good enough to deserve a place ahead of Raul, Neto and even Hwang (definitely the first few matches version, arguably the season end version).

Which is a long winded way of saying I really believe this is the perfect loan for him and is exactly what he needs to be a better footballer a year from now, than if he stayed here. Already it's showing promising signs - I'm even going to be watching Anderlecht streams!

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He got 4 starts in a row after Xmas. Played reasonable in one of them, according to WhoScored, steadily declining ratings:

Villa 6.95
Newcastle 6.08
Burnley 5.95
Brighton 5.95

A couple of games earlier he played a full 90 against West Ham - where he put in good effort, but was totally outclassed by Zouma. (5.79 on Who Scored).

Yes, I know these are subjective ratings, but in absence of anything else - goals, assists, which were objectively zero, what else is there? In his defence, other than Villa, the team played badly as a whole in those matches. Others did underperform, but they are the ones with credit in the bank from having overperformed on numerous occasions before (as most of the team did before end of January 2022) . But still, in my opinion it's a bit of a myth than he played well and got dropped even once, let alone numerous times. Maybe as another stick to beat Bruno with, but mostly that we fans desperately want to see some return from our record signing.

On the goal he scored for Anderlecht, it really is an excellent finish and I think *that* is the thing people see in him. Well, it's what I see in him that is really outstanding anyway. :) He is a finisher, but the rest of his game still has a long way to go to get up to Premier League standard. He's still only 20, so there is plenty of time and no need to rush. The vast majority of strikers don't start scoring at highest level till they are 23 or 24, even older in some cases.

In those matches above, he always put in impressive effort and never gave up, but in the end, we needed someone to change those matches and at 19, it's unfair to expect him to be the game changer (that he may be in 3 or 4 years). This league is the highest level in the world, all I can see is eventually confidence draining and fans getting on his back. Development would lurch along, if at all ,and that's really important. Young players *need* competitive game time. I can't accept that he is good enough to deserve a place ahead of Raul, Neto and even Hwang (definitely the first few matches version, arguably the season end version).

Which is a long winded way of saying I really believe this is the perfect loan for him and is exactly what he needs to be a better footballer a year from now, than if he stayed here. Already it's showing promising signs - I'm even going to be watching Anderlecht streams!
Good summary... although I suspect that this year would have been his breakthrough year if he had stayed

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Villa 6.95
Newcastle 6.08
Burnley 5.95
Brighton 5.95

Thoughtful, TY.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good summary... although I suspect that this year would have been his breakthrough year if he had stayed

Might well have been. He's still so young, if he smashes it in Belgium, we will still get several years from him. I actually trust on our staff and the people around Fabio (he's from a professional footballing family) to know him well enough that they have a good idea what's best for him and have acted accordingly.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good for Fabio.....may he score many more and protect our massive investment which so far has flopped and hampered us more generally in the transfer market.

But.....how can our club let him go without having a ready-made replacement set up who will need time ahead of the season's start to get used to Bruno's system of playing? It seems incredibly amateurish not to mention stupid when you think how important this position is coupled with doubts about a 31 year old and now injured Jimenez finding his form again. Did we learn nothing from when Jimenez was last badly injured? Noone in the reserves who can even be called a striker of any note...perhaps Nathan Fraser one day....but basically the cupboard is bare and very little sign indeed of any decent striker being lined up. There simply isn't the money available it seems. So what are we looking at? A last minute panic loan for some 'squad filler'? Or perhaps most likely noone at all? In which case poor, so bloody poor.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With every passing day I'm still completely shocked and frustrated that a replacement hasn't been signed! Seriously what is going on seems so amateur and completely unfair on Lage for his pre season work?!?!

I like Silva think he would have definitely offered us something this season for sure but wasn't totally against him going on loan and playing every week to hopefully boosted his confidence and develop more but if a serious replacement isn't signed before the start of the season than this loan is a huge mistake...

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But Anderlecht brought him on as sub on 81 minutes. Didnt' seem to be a problem for him? It's developing his skills against a lower level of opposition that is going to give him confidence.

He'll start games eventually, he'd had less than a week with his new teammates and hasn't had a proper pre season, if they'd have started him I'd have been surprised.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice finish. Confidence boosting goals against lower opposition will be good for him.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Two decent goals from him, he's looking really sharp. Just hope he'll want to come back!

Reactions: Ian

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant

I don't agree with us starting the season with no Striker but loaning out Fabio was completely the right call. In amongst a very soporific transfer windows, Matt Jackson has done a really good job in getting the loan rangers to the right sort of clubs.

Shame we didn't do it last year but hindsight is easy

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lovely finish from Fabio, but the defending is absolutely shocking...

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So 3 sub appearances 2 goals?
Not bad. It’s almost like he might make it.
Where next year though? Back with us, or maybe another step up, like France or Germany?

Back
Top Bottom