Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Silva loan

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really hope he smashes his loan and he comes back a superstar.

I also really really really hope that we get somebody quality in this season so we don’t keep revisiting this thread out of frustration.

Ps, I was gutted we loaned him out and wish Bruno had played him more last season when Raul was performing sub par.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good stuff, Fabio. Great to see. Heard he missed a sitter a few mins before so it's good that seemingly didn't bother him.

Let's hope he makes his way into the starting lineup and can stay there for a few months. Both us and he will be much better for it.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While we're just about to sign a has-been donkey we jettison a player who was starting to look the part. How absolutely typical of our club now in the hands of incompetent chancers.
Who are we signing, what have I missed?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing is they may have better striker coaches or something that can help him learn and develop more. At Wolves he’s been very hot and cold like others have said no fault of his own but if he scores and gets a run of games out there. He will come back a different player hopefully for the better!!

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wish he was at wolves too but he needs a season playing week in week out. This should have been last year imho but this season it looks a good move. He'd never going to have played that much with us this year.

If he's going to be good enough, this is where he has to start showing it. For the record, I think he'll be excellent if he can anticipate crosses better because the rest of his game is pretty good. Except heading. Atrocious at heading!

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While we're just about to sign a has-been donkey we jettison a player who was starting to look the part.
How was he ‘starting to look the part’?

How many goals did he score?? As far as I know, he didn’t score any!

In simple terms that’s none, nil, nada, zilch, zero!!

Relax, the loan was absolutely necessary so let’s see what he can do against poorer teams.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How was he ‘starting to look the part’?

How many goals did he score?? As far as I know, he didn’t score any!

In simple terms that’s none, nil, nada, zilch, zero!!

Relax, the loan was absolutely necessary so let’s see what he can do against poorer teams.
I’m a defence minded team 50 meters away from the closest player

Mbappe wouldn’t have scored 10 goals for us last season

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pleased for Silva. Great way to get started on an important loan season. Come back next summer having filled his boots and full of confidence.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just out of interest, are the majority in agreement that a loan move was correct? In my mind it's an absolute no brained (assuming, of course, we don't go into the season with just one striker - a dangerous assumption perhaps)!
Yep, I’m 100% behind the loan, but we must sign another striker

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No brainer as long as we have a striker. In fairness, they may see huang as a second striker since we have mgw now out wide and traore back. I honestly don't think that's a bad option - also, if I see huang play wide again... well let's not go there.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just out of interest, are the majority in agreement that a loan move was correct? In my mind it's an absolute no brainer (assuming, of course, we don't go into the season with just one striker - a dangerous assumption perhaps)!
Yes all in agreement except those who love any excuse to run down the club

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just out of interest, are the majority in agreement that a loan move was correct? In my mind it's an absolute no brainer (assuming, of course, we don't go into the season with just one striker - a dangerous assumption perhaps)!
It is a dangerous assumption - and not sure.

I personally think Silva is pretty good, even now. If we go with a back four I think he's got the movement and ability to get chances from Neto, Podence, MGW providing.

I put his lack of goals entirely down to our system, so if we've changed it, I believe he could do well.

However, it's not the end of the world for him to go out on loan as he will play more frequently.

But, if he's not replaced, and unfortunately that can't be ruled out given our track record, then it's a disgraceful decision.

Hopefully we get someone in quickly to judge properly.

Last edited:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at our options now I wish he was here with us playing a more attacking style. A dreadful decision to let him go with only Raul here unless there is an imminent and good arrival. If not then serious questions should rightly be asked.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at our options now I wish he was here with us playing a more attacking style. A dreadful decision to let him go with only Raul here unless there is an imminent and good arrival. If not then serious questions should rightly be asked.
Not being funny but you've now posted this several times virtually every day. Perhaps time to let it go? Not saying you're wrong btw, just no need to repeat it everywhere all the time.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not being funny but you've now posted this several times virtually every day. Perhaps time to let it go? Not saying you're wrong btw, just no need to repeat it everywhere all the time.

Probably repeated similar about as many times as plenty of others mate as it is so poor we only have one striker and he is injured but it appears I am an easy target unfortunately. No offence but probably best to ignore me if my repetitiveness is a problem.

Lupus ad Penn

Groupie
Reaction score
The reason he’s been sent out on loan is because he’s no bloody good. Even with limited service and game time he scored no goals Last season. Let’s face it we paid the big fee to give George Mendes his payback for all of the bargains when he set us up in the championship. Fabio has talent and he is still young, and I would love him to succeed , but he’s not good enough for us in the premier league. Good luck to the lad, but we need a decent second striker to help the team succeed, and it isn’t Fabio.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably repeated similar about as many times as plenty of others mate as it is so poor we only have one striker and he is injured but it appears I am an easy target unfortunately. No offence but probably best to ignore me if my repetitiveness is a problem.
I don't want to because I appreciate your views. Just perhaps think twice if posting the same thing?

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Great goal. Shouldn’t have been let go

Madness
He’s not shown enough when given the chance. Maybe he doesn’t want to be here or the pressure of the price tag is too much?…
Either way him moving on is the right call.
Hope he grabs the opportunity .

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or pushing for a move away if he gets a taste of success.
Given the constant knocking by some so-called fans (of which you have emphatically been one), and the sketchy way he was at times scapegoated by the head coach last season, who could blame him? He will, just like MGW this summer, need to be convinced that his future lies at Molineux. He isn't, unlike MGW, a local lad either.

Back
Top Bottom