Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Should Wolves offer Joao moutinho a new one year contract extension?

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should Wolves offer Joao Moutinho a new one year contract extension?

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ive voted yes,but with a view to moving him on to the training staff long term
His experience and class would be invaluable to the youngsters,if he wants to go down that route,if not then im afraid its a no

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Assuming he is on the rumoured 100k a week then no way. Love the guy and think he gets a hard time on here sometimes, but he's not worth that. If he's settled and sees himself coaching here then offer him something along those lines. Would love him to stay at the club, but I don't think it'll happen, sure he'd pick up a role in Portugal if he wanted that (albeit on a lot less money). So I think this might be his last season with us (although I thought he'd go when Nuno did so count it as a bonus).

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes but just like Neves he needs an extra mobile body in midfield. We are in for a long season if we are going to insist on playing 2 central midfield players, whose game isn't and never has been about getting box to box.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes for me, on reduced terms. He can start his transition into coaching here and remain a key member of the squad and an experienced head on the training ground and in the dressing room. Shouldn’t be starting though at 36.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love Joao really do but no and to be brutally honest neither should Ruddy, Saiss or Marcal either (think thats all the players whose contracts expire in the summer)

Frank Kessie is out of contract in the summer we should be offering Joao's wages to him in january to get him to sign a pre-agreement for the summer before Milan extend his deal or a side like Liverpool swoop in for him.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Frank Kessie is out of contract in the summer we should be offering Joao's wages to him in january to get him to sign a pre-agreement for the summer before Milan extend his deal or a side like Liverpool swoop in for him.
PSG want him.

The Kessie ship sailed for Wolves long ago with our penny wise, pound foolish transfer policy.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is he playing every game? Surely donck has to come in. At least he will actually make a run into the box and not have opposition players go past him every time. Just what are we playing at letting him take all the set pieces as well?

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is he playing every game? Surely donck has to come in. At least he will actually make a run into the box and not have opposition players go past him every time. Just what are we playing at letting him take all the set pieces as well?

For 100k a week you gotta get your monies worth!

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reduced wages and a more of a squad player with a view to becoming a coach. If that doesn't suit him I'd let him go.
He's 36 and shouldn't be playing 90 minutes every game.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes as director of football

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can see Joao as A/Manager this season if/when Bruno is sacked.

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Reduced wages and a more of a squad player with a view to becoming a coach. If that doesn't suit him I'd let him go.
He's 36 and shouldn't be playing 90 minutes every game.
Portugal or Wolverhampton....... Probably only one choice for him.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course we should if it's on a lower salary. We would be stupid not to keep him around the squad. Doesn't have to play every week, but still can be influential.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With a new dynamic midfielder and in a three with Neves he could go on forever, particularly if we get a new pacey CB to mop up those Brentford midfielders who simply breeze past him.
Well said

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
hell of a sub to bring on and help see games out. it's a yes from me

Narfolk Wolf

Reaction score
With a new dynamic midfielder and in a three with Neves he could go on forever, particularly if we get a new pacey CB to mop up those Brentford midfielders who simply breeze past him.
With the 2 pacy CB covering Coady, that doesn't leave many attacking options.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

With the 2 pacy CB covering Coady, that doesn't leave many attacking options.
Correct, we need more attacking options, particularly as back-up to Raul, Silva and Hwang.
I see the young Dutch lad Joel Piroe has just moved into double figures for Swansea.

JohnMatrix

Groupie
Reaction score
Yes if Bruno can get a new centre midfielder and keep him. If he's the choice between an upgrade or not then I'd say no. Getting on now and in some games his age definitely shows.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joao Moutinho is still by a distance the classiest player I have watched in a Gold shirt. His work rate, professionalism, technique and leadership are exemplary and his experience is undoubtedly helping our young players grow.

But we can't escape the fact he'll be 36 on September 8th next year. Form is temporary, class is permanent, age is unavoidable.

If we can get him to commit to a part time playing role and begin work on his coaching badges here with Bruno and his team, then I would snap that opportunity up real quick.

But if he's a regular starter in our midfield in 2021/2022 then it means Jeff has done a Jeff in the transfer window (again) and failed to get what is needed.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joao Moutinho is still by a distance the classiest player I have watched in a Gold shirt. His work rate, professionalism, technique and leadership are exemplary and his experience is undoubtedly helping our young players grow.

But we can't escape the fact he'll be 36 on September 8th next year. Form is temporary, class is permanent, age is unavoidable.

If we can get him to commit to a part time playing role and begin work on his coaching badges here with Bruno and his team, then I would snap that opportunity up real quick.

But if he's a regular starter in our midfield in 2021/2022 then it means Jeff has done a Jeff in the transfer window (again) and failed to get what is needed.
Balanced.

Back
Top Bottom