Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Should we have a separate thread to discuss each stage of every potential transfer?

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would people like to see a new thread to dissect every transfer?

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Yes, I mean no, err maybe, but having a thread to debate whether it's a good thing or not is a good thing in my opinion so it's a yes to this thread from me

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, but we will probably get one anyway if not more

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Transfer thread, and then a new thread if actually signed. Simples.
Problem is the transfer thread is hundreds of pages of dross and moaning and it's turning people off.

I think a thread per a player linked is fine.

If it's a nothing rumour, the thread will die on it's ar$e pretty quickly.

If it's got legs, people are going to be discussing it and it will eventually turn into a player we own thread. (The Neves one is a great snapshot of a moment in our history, you wouldn't have that if we'd have insisted it be on a transfer thread until signed)

We can re label the summer transfer thread........

"Place to debate lack of activity, Fosun's cash flow, Villa/Fulham doing bits, the darn cheek of FC Barcelona and Scott Sellars philosophy"

Sidaway

Reaction score
The forum's thread titles need tidying up in general but for me, if there are concrete links from Percy or Fabrizio then it's worth creating a specific thread for the player.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if there was a thread to just list names linked with , no debate as well as the general transfer thread think thats enough
then a thread if they sign

D

Deleted member (smith)

Should we have thread about threads?

Instead of hundreds of pages on one thread we could have hundreds of threads for each rumour.

Or maybe a thread for every player

Oh it’s al so exciting …

Perhaps the mods should approve all new threads and amalgamate all rumour threads

Last edited by a moderator:

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why not a poll to vote on the results of a transfer poll to discuss if a thread needed ?

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem is the transfer thread is hundreds of pages of dross and moaning and it's turning people off.

I think a thread per a player linked is fine.

If it's a nothing rumour, the thread will die on it's ar$e pretty quickly.

If it's got legs, people are going to be discussing it and it will eventually turn into a player we own thread. (The Neves one is a great snapshot of a moment in our history, you wouldn't have that if we'd have insisted it be on a transfer thread until signed)

We can re label the summer transfer thread........

"Place to debate lack of activity, Fosun's cash flow, Villa/Fulham doing bits, the darn cheek of FC Barcelona and Scott Sellars philosophy"

I like your optimism but the Summer Transfer Thread is full of nothing rumours and that is at 160 pages already! Don't underestimate the ability of mixers to type, type, type! :D

And don't get me started on the Talisca thread!

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I like your optimism but the Summer Transfer Thread is full of nothing rumours and that is at 160 pages already! Don't underestimate the ability of mixers to type, type, type! :D

And don't get me started on the Talisca thread!
The talisca thread was class!!!

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think they should be kept in the general thread until the is a very strong link to a player, like reliable people confirming we are close to signing a player.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
charge a tenner for each superfluous thread and you and Bod will rake it in.
The OP then can have adverts on his thread in an attempt to get some of his money back.
Piece of cake :)

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think a thread for every linked player (unless obvious nonsense). And in the thread title, rather than just their name, some sort of tag like: strongly linked, rumour mill, Romano etc.

The transfer window thread is only any use if you are on here all day. Otherwise you come back to 5+ new pages and have to try and decipher what’s been going on.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure about a thread per player, but I think we could add a probability rating to each rumour made.

For example, for me, Joao Palhinha 8/10; Nunes 3/10.

That might help focus the attention of mixers ploughing their way through page after page of waffle. It would also show how ITK/optimistic some posters are.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure about a thread per player, but I think we could add a probability rating to each rumour made.

For example, for me, Joao Palhinha 8/10; Nunes 3/10.

That might help focus the attention of mixers ploughing their way through page after page of waffle. It would also show how ITK/optimistic some posters are.
You'd just end up with rows over the probability figure, lol....

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only if Jay Jay De Wolf can start the threads to feed his attention addiction.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don't need a separate thread for every new moan, I refer you to the irksome to infuriating thread on the OT section

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would say a minor variation on this:

Broad transfer thread for all transfers.
Individual threads if there is an obvious advance in proceedings i.e. reported by a major journalist, photographs at the Mount, Jorge at Birmingham Airport, etc.
Thread title changed to signed if signed

Back
Top Bottom