Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sheffield united

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
can't wait for Wednesday when we regroup, get back into shape and compete against a team of hardworking players
Jota and jimenez have to be up top again with donk in the middle. Give traore his 30 minutes in the 2nd half then neto getting the last 10 mins to push them back. 2-1 to us and were back on track.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a huge game for our season, that’s for sure. Hopefully today’s performance and result gives everyone a kick up the ****.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tough game indeed. Today was far too passive, so let's get back to our 3-4-3 and have a go.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore is our best player.

Nuno trying to be too smart too often. Play our best player.

If Neves/Moutinho can't deal with the physicality of playing in a two, you drop Moutinho (who is second best of the pair now). We need to appreciate we have the best winger in the league. He is a unique talent and easily our most dangerous player - he starts and do the rest from there.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if Kilman could come in and motivate Saiss. Too much of an ask? I like Donk much better as a CM, he’s more mistake-prone at LCB than Saiss so I don’t think that’s the answer. Saiss was great pre-covid but since the return he’s looked steef!

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore is our best player.

Nuno trying to be too smart too often. Play our best player.

If Neves/Moutinho can't deal with the physicality of playing in a two, you drop Moutinho (who is second best of the pair now). We need to appreciate we have the best winger in the league. He is a unique talent and easily our most dangerous player - he starts and do the rest from there.
Traore cost us big time yesterday.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bad miss but since the restart, he’s set up 3 out of our 4 goals and had a big involvement in the other.

He is massively in credit both over the last 4 games and the season as a whole.

Need some others to come back to the party...

Deffo agree.
Take Traore off the pitch and we create next to nothing.
Adama is not the problem.He has been the major solution all season.
3-4-3 for me against Blades.We are a better team than them and I want us to have a real go.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably a game that does require 3/5 in midfield.
Could actually be a game that would suit MGW playing in font of a holding 2 .
But fully expect the usual 352 lineup.

Martin Riggs

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hopefully the dance routines at free kicks will be thrown out the window on the coach up there. What was that free kick all about just before Arsenal's 1st? A bit of break dancing between Neves and Moutinho to give Saiss a shot at pretty much the same place the free kick was originally, only with 3 Arsenal players 1 yard away from him.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bad miss but since the restart, he’s set up 3 out of our 4 goals and had a big involvement in the other.

He is massively in credit both over the last 4 games and the season as a whole.

Need some others to come back to the party...
I think Traore was been hung out to dry. A two needs support from midfield / wing backs it that is delayed due a too defensive setup your options are run a players and shot or hold up. You can hold the ball for so long and if your only option s a backwards pass or a sideways in contested areas you are unlikely to make an impact.

M

merseawolf

Hopefully the dance routines at free kicks will be thrown out the window on the coach up there. What was that free kick all about just before Arsenal's 1st? A bit of break dancing between Neves and Moutinho to give Saiss a shot at pretty much the same place the free kick was originally, only with 3 Arsenal players 1 yard away from him.
And the longish throws
If you are going to launch a throw into the box it needs to be a threat not easy to defend

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
A massive game on Wednesday. Sheff Utd showed what they’re capable of against Spurs. Think it’ll be a draw, probably a 0-0, but we’ll see.

Leemack

Reaction score
Tough game for sure

Can't wait - Put yesterdays game behind us and move on.

They are a tough side but i'm going 2-1 to the good guys.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching this it’s obvious our defenders are going to have to be prepared to hit with lots of highballs, it’s the one thing Saiss abd Coady concern me with, I’d put Dendoncker into CH for this game

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This will be a really tough game. Have to have three up top from the start for this one.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
3 4 3 and attack them from the start and we will beat them. So easy being an armchair manager.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching this it’s obvious our defenders are going to have to be prepared to hit with lots of highballs, it’s the one thing Saiss abd Coady concern me with, I’d put Dendoncker into CH for this game
Agree with the danger assessment. Whether it’s Kilman or Donck or Saiss with CC and WB, I’d like to see a back 3 which can win those headers because I do not want to add another body deep in the midfield to do that job (and not much else v that side) when we’re starting 3 CBs and have Rui Patricio vs SU’s 3-5-2 with all their danger created out wide from the overlapping business. That would be embarrassing, and a waste of resources. The extra midfielder yesterday was an answer to a question nobody was asking and v Sheffield U it would be the same waste. We have to win those balls but let’s put the bodies out wide so as to make sure those balls in are trash.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with the danger assessment. Whether it’s Kilman or Donck or Saiss with CC and WB, I’d like to see a back 3 which can win those headers because I do not want to add another body deep in the midfield to do that job (and not much else v that side) when we’re starting 3 CBs and have Rui Patricio vs SU’s 3-5-2 with all their danger created out wide from the overlapping business. That would be embarrassing, and a waste of resources. The extra midfielder yesterday was an answer to a question nobody was asking and v Sheffield U it would be the same waste. We have to win those balls but let’s put the bodies out wide so as to make sure those balls in are trash.
Funnily the way the Blades play means we will have more space for wide players to utilise, I just hope he doesn’t drop Traore buy have a feeling he will. Go 3 up front and hit them early as their CH’s go on their forrays up front

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still think AT coming off the bench is best solution. Neto deserves a start tnen Jota can come on if required with AT . We generally play better football without A.T but he’s perfect out we are looking to push on in last 30

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm a mild mannered fellow, but I would have needed a vanload of asterisks to scrub out the solid five minutes of expletives I erupted in after that free kick. The three of them couldn't look at each other afterwards they were so embarrassed.

I'm furious again just thinking about it.

So, yes. Any free kicks in that range against Sheffield, just... ****ing... kick it, please.

M

merseawolf

I'm a mild mannered fellow, but I would have needed a vanload of asterisks to scrub out the solid five minutes of expletives I erupted in after that free kick. The three of them couldn't look at each other afterwards they were so embarrassed.

I'm furious again just thinking about it.

So, yes. Any free kicks in that range against Sheffield, just... ****ing... kick it, please.
It was like an experimental game in a game where we just needed to go out and do what we do best.
Free-kick mucking about
Long throws
Adama up front
Please back to normal on Weds

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think Nuno needs to freshen things up slightly for this game. Really hope we dont select the usual defensive first half team for this game. Jota must come back in and wouldnt be against Neto starting just behind Raul and Jota. Would be sorely tempted to start Traore at right wing back but accept Doc has this position nailed down but think he hasnt looked very effective attacking wise in recent games and we need both wing backs on form with our formation. Dont think a central midfield three of Donck, Moutinho and Neves will work in this game and fear the worst if we set up that way from the start on Wednesday.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our tactics largely succeed or fail dependent upon how well our fullbacks play. We have good midfield players but essentially of the same type, viz can pick a pass but unlikely to create chances otherwise. Long term (I emphasise long term) we need a 442 or 433 option which clearly does not exist with the current squad. Stagnation is not an option but we need to re jig the squad for next season to ensure we move forward. Finally - don’t accept or understand the back foot approach we seem to adopt, as we are able to step up things in the second half of most games.

Soho Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ha ha, I knew I’d get one. We lost to Arsenal Saturday, we play Sheffield Wednesday, and then Everton Sunday.
Might be funny if there wasn't more than 1 team in Sheffield. We're not playing "Sheffield."

T

Truckawolf

Got out of bed the wrong side Mr Pedantic? Tell me who we are playing then you big bundle of fun, cos I’m 100% certain it’s a team called Sheffield, this one being of the united kind. It was just a play on words. Sorry if it upset you, ( I couldn’t give a ****). Now **** off and get a life.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we go 352 I’d quite like to see MGW given a go as a link up man. If we go 343 then I’d say other than Jota or Neto the side picks itself.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we go 352 I’d quite like to see MGW given a go as a link up man. If we go 343 then I’d say other than Jota or Neto the side picks itself.

Neto could play that role rather than MGW in my opinion. When we were losing at Southampton earlier in the season he came on at half time and played just behind the strikers. He made all the difference in that game.

Back
Top Bottom