Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sheffield United (H) FA Cup Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
1641714901758.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAATCHDAAAAYYYYY!!!

Dunno bout you lot but I’m still on a football high after Monday night?! What a great performance and great result. Slight change of focus today, the decent league form can be parked for the weekend, it’s time to be up for the cup!

It seems that every year the FA Cup appears, we have a conversation about how much we’d all love a cup run and we should definitely take it seriously. It never happens of course, but one can dream! I feel like this year those ideas feel really true though, we should 100% be looking at the cup as an achievable target. Yeah we’ll need some luck along the way but let’s face it it’s about time we had some!

So in terms of team line-up, just how strong will Bruno go? It would be great to think he’ll play the same side at Old Trafford (minus Saiss of course) but I can see a couple of players coming in. Ruddy may get a rare game in goal and I wonder if Fabio will get a chance to shine from the start.

Whether you’re following the game from Wolverhampton, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get into the next round lads!

COYW!

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everything Lage has said makes me believe he will field a strong team today. He's talked about winning titles and living for now, not tomorrow.

We can win this.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Assuming it's definitely 'game on' this afternoon I'd be surprised if Lage didn't capture the mood of the moment and make only one or two adjustments from the starting X1 who did so well at OT. Albeit if circumstances permit he might take the opportunity to offer game time to one or two youngsters.

KFordOriginal

Groupie
Reaction score
Looking forward to this, even with a few changes I can’t see anything but a Wolves win.
Would love another Wembley day out!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Stick Donk in at the back, give Cundle and Fabio a run, RAN if he's fit. Ruddy obviously will play. That should be plenty to beat a below strength Sheff U if we have the right attitude.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not on live over here as they are covering bloody Liverpool, bloody Spuds and bloody Wet Sham, so will have to find other means to keep abreast of our thrashing of the Blades.
Bruno has publicly stated that he will go strong, so for all us hoping to see what the likes of Silva, Jordao, Sanderson, Giles and Cundle could do, we may have to wait until well into the match!
Sheffield is mid-table Champo, so pulling-up no trees as they try to regain their Prem status. It's deffo a match we can win. Will we? It would just be like Wolves to lose this after putting on a great display at OT. Let's hope not. A 4th round berth, together with no additional injuries and some good performances from the fringe players would cap off a good afternoon, even if I miss it.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are just over 800 tickets remaining, on a day with a clear blue sky and everyone comes along with a BOUNCE in them after Monday!

What is NOT TO LOVE about a Molineux game and in this case 3rd Round weekend of the Football Association Challenge Cup.

Seeing of there being several big scalps yesterday, I am sure that Bruno will give the best domestic Cup competition on the planet, the full respect it deserves.

If there is a time to upset the apple cart and get our 1st major silverware since 1980, this time and this year feels PERFECT!

Hope all enjoy the game and here's to the beginning, of a possibly magical adventure.

Last edited:

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Gutted Im missing this only missed 2 home games in 15years, this one ( my friends 60th birthday surprise) & a friends funeral, both were FA cup ties too, good luck lads, our fun starts bang on 2oclock too, but I will have phone in hand COYW
At least this one is in happier circumstances I guess? Enjoy the party!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t work out whether it’s disrespectful to describe Sheff Utd as a potential banana skin, so assume that it is.

Without seeing their team I have no idea what kind of a game it will be but we need to have a front 3 who can unlock play in tight areas (assuming Sheff Utd defend in numbers). With that in mind I wouldn’t be shocked to see:

Ruddy

Kilman Coady Sanderson

Hoever Moutinho Donk RAN

Trincao Fabio Podence

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Drat. FA cup matches are tough to get over here, have to hope the tv gods pick Wolves. 4 channels of Liverpool stomping ants instead. Looks like it’s Mikey and my imagination today. Booo. Get on the app, FA cup.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not on live over here as they are covering bloody Liverpool, bloody Spuds and bloody Wet Sham, so will have to find other means to keep abreast of our thrashing of the Blades.
Bruno has publicly stated that he will go strong, so for all us hoping to see what the likes of Silva, Jordao, Sanderson, Giles and Cundle could do, we may have to wait until well into the match!
Sheffield is mid-table Champo, so pulling-up no trees as they try to regain their Prem status. It's deffo a match we can win. Will we? It would just be like Wolves to lose this after putting on a great display at OT. Let's hope not. A 4th round berth, together with no additional injuries and some good performances from the fringe players would cap off a good afternoon, even if I miss it.
Thanks for letting me know SA, I usually watch DSTV in SA so disappointing news.

MontyR

Reaction score
Drat. FA cup matches are tough to get over here, have to hope the tv gods pick Wolves. 4 channels of Liverpool stomping ants instead. Looks like it’s Mikey and my imagination today. Booo. Get on the app, FA cup.
ESPN have all the cup games if it's any help..

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really hope Fabio Silva plays today. Give him a full 90, or at least 75 to see what he can do after his promising cameo last week.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yesterday's Yorkshire Post says Sheffield will come to Molineux with 11 players missing, injured or ill. I think they have one eye on the POs so you have to think the omens are in our favour. 2-0.

MontyR

Reaction score
Also for anybody outside the UK (or inside) and wants a legal way to watch the game and were going to put a few quid down on it. Livescore seem to be showing the game once you have a bet placed. Just double check you can do it from your country.

1641731815434.png

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio silva triple hat-trick incoming.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tested positive for COVID this morning so can’t go any more but hopefully can find a decent stream. Looking forward to it, hope to see Fabio get a game (and a goal).

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be interesting to see how Utd approach the game too. No MGW obviously but will they go full strength?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tested positive for COVID this morning so can’t go any more but hopefully can find a decent stream. Looking forward to it, hope to see Fabio get a game (and a goal).
Gutted for ya .. happened to me just before the Liverpool game.....hope you are ok...

Back
Top Bottom