Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

~Server issues and how to communicate

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
With the recent server issue I realised posting the fix on here isn't going to help many people if they cant get on the site in the first place.
So if you could give us some feedback to the poll above so we can look at making it better if there is a similar issue again.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just an add on that an email could just direct us to the next stage maybe a link.
The biggest difficulty I have found is not knowing whether its my computer or the site.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I had the 520 error on my phone two days ago. Couldn't get on for 18hrs or so until I cleared out my cookies and website settings for the mix and it's been fine since.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got in using the puffin browser and saw the post to clear chrome cookies for the site. All good now

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Downloaded Firefox after the clear cookies fix didn't work.
It worked.

Reaction score
I couldn't get on for 2 days (error 502)with Opera and having to use Microsoft Edge instead. I have just tries Opera again and problem seems to be fixed

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cleared my data on my phone and it worked but was off for a while

Reaction score
I thought it was working but got into Molineux mix page ok but as soon as you click on a specific thread that damn error 520 pops up again. Having to use Microsoft edge again rather than my preferred Opera browser.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great idea..email for me..touch wood I'm not having the problems some are having.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Email works for me and also twitter. Didn’t even know the site had one!

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had some problems a few weeks back but just set browser to clear cookies when shut down no problems since
Best way is email by far imo

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there no way you can solve these issues with Cloudflare? The cashe clearing solution by each user seems a temporary fix at best. The issue does seem to be between Cloudflare and the Mix server surely it's down to their tech support to resolve?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm getting on in Incognito mode. Still cant access the site as I normally would though.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Couldn't access the site the other day but I cleared the cache in my browser and it worked fine after that.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Is there no way you can solve these issues with Cloudflare? The cashe clearing solution by each user seems a temporary fix at best. The issue does seem to be between Cloudflare and the Mix server surely it's down to their tech support to resolve?
The issue is fixed but as yours and others computer/devices retain cookies and other data that the server/cloudflare pick up on you will therefore you get the error. Over time those files update and the problem would resolve itself, but that takes time to propagate, so if you want to get back on straight away the steps I posted (in a series on screen grabs for chrome) are how.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For anyone struggling to get on you can access the site in Incognito mode. Works perfectly in this mode. Only downside is you have to put your username and password in each time you come on the site.

dgm6769

Reaction score
Telegram app is good, use it quite a bit for groups that FB don't like on their site.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Set-up a reciprocal arrangement with the other wolves forum website and agree to post status updates on each others forum when required.

Either that or twitter

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Some weirdness occurring. I've reported a post to try and message the admin

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The server is caching dynamic pages, so for instance once someone loads page 72 of a thread, it retains that page and tries to serve it to everyone instead of creating it with the correct user and latest posts.

I have a workaround which has allowed me to message bod, but I don't want to mention it publicly since it just means the server will cache those new pages as well.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
hi, yes a load of problems, i have only just been able to login myself. I may have to suspend the forum whilst it is fixed.

very sorry to everyone affected.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
ok try that for a bit.

fingers crossed. it might go again though

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
nope its still broken on mobile will need to turn it off, sorry everyone.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Working fine for me now but it was funny being (apparently) logged in as other people!

Apologies for the Twitter DMs with screen shots. I thought it might be helpful but in retrospect (and as somebody with 30 years as a developer) I know how annoying it can be to be bombarded with “helpful” messages when you’re trying to fix something :D

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Working fine for me now but it was funny being (apparently) logged in as other people!

Apologies for the Twitter DMs with screen shots. I thought it might be helpful but in retrospect (and as somebody with 30 years as a developer) I know how annoying it can be to be bombarded with “helpful” messages when you’re trying to fix something :D
Don't apologize it was helpful! Especially when I couldn't even log in!

My fear is it might happen again later, we will see.

Back
Top Bottom