Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sensible ticket prices

Sensible or not?

• Total voters
S

Shifnal Wolf

Just read on the bbc the ticket prices for the F.A. Cup final. They say its sensible but can't see £35 for cheapest adult ticket being sensible irrespective of it being Man Utd or Chelsea. They are in blocks of prices with £35, £60, £85 and £90 tickets

Last edited by a moderator:

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, wrong option. Completely ridiculous!

If (massive if) we get to the play off final, would the prices be similar to those? £90 for a football match, for one person, FA Cup final or not is shocking.

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the cheapest at £35 is very sensible for the showpiece game in English football. When you consider that's only £6 more expensive than sitting in the BW Upper at Wolves. I don't however undestand why they then go up so extravagantly, I mean it's the same game you're watching irrespective of where you sit so why are some tickets more than double that price?? If you take Wolves, the cheapest adult tickets are £23 and the most expensive are £29, so with Wembley I think if the cheapest are £35 the most expensive shouldn't be much more than £50.

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most expensive should be 50-60 quid. Jumping up in blocks, which essentially means being a few feet closer is taking the $$$$ a bit.

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are in blocks of prices with £35, £60, £85 and £90 tickets

For a football match (Because that's all it is)???

That's is absolutely outrageous.

Unfortunately, as has been said many times before they have a captive audience and can pretty much charge what they want...:mad:

P

Phys Ed Wolf

Rip off! Another example of the average fan being fleeced. Obviously need to make their money back after letting the job spiral out of control. From what I've heard though, its nothing compared to the price of food and drink inside!

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rip off! Another example of the average fan being fleeced. Obviously need to make their money back after letting the job spiral out of control. From what I've heard though, its nothing compared to the price of food and drink inside!

£4.50 for a pie!

P

Powelly

Sorry, wrong option. Completely ridiculous!

If (massive if) we get to the play off final, would the prices be similar to those? £90 for a football match, for one person, FA Cup final or not is shocking.

nope

would imagine they will be similar prices to the england v brazil game- £30- £60

if u think £90 is bad, face value highest priced for the world cup final last year was £450... the category 3 voucher i had should england have got there was £150

M

Mr Wolf

This game was bonus game and wouldn't really be built in to the clubs finances for the season so I don't know why we should pay these prices for a telivised game at 4pm on a sunday, plus travelling up/down to manchester.

I would like to see these players who are on 50k a week plus to offer something for once. Like maybe get the squad to pool together and pay for the fans travel or something.

MobNet Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Playoff final hopefully won't be that bad. I think they had it right at the Milennium when we were there. 3 easily defined blocks, highest was about £45 wasn't it?

Dan_the_man

Reaction score
We, the supporters, are paying the price of Multiplex's incompetance and all the additional costs of completing this over-priced fiasco.

Prices will reduce considerably when the novelty wears off.

W

wolves85nb

They are in blocks of prices with £35, £60, £85 and £90 tickets

Robbing $$$$$$$'s!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

They know that ManU/Chelsea fans aren't going to miss the chance to see it and refuse to pay (I know I wouldn't)..... They've taken advantage!

Dan_the_man

Reaction score
Playoff final hopefully won't be that bad.

Not being a season ticket holder (call me a glory hunter or the like) I got stung big time by a ticket tout who was asking for £100 for my play off final ticket at the Millinium. To me that was worth every penny because we won, however if we’d have lost I would have felt a mug.

If demand exceeds supply, which I’m sure it more than likely will, most of us i'm sure will find the money, whatever the cost. Would I do it again? Is the pope catholic?

F

fenella

When a stadium costs £750m to build, surely they have to charge high ticket prices in order to recover their costs? I'm not sure if its a rip-off unless they're making huge profits, which seems unlikely.

F

Florida Wolfey

Anyone know how many tickets of each type are available? It's all vey well saying the cheapest is 35 quid but how many people can actually buy at that level? For the next price point to be almost double that seems out of line to me.....and how much better is that seat than the cheaper one?

W

wolves85nb

When a stadium costs £750m to build, surely they have to charge high ticket prices in order to recover their costs? I'm not sure if its a rip-off unless they're making huge profits, which seems unlikely.

Of course it's a rip off! It's not based on value for money at all. It's purely based on having overspent on the stadium and needing to get it back! And guess who the losers are?!

E

Exile Wolf

I would class the prices as obscene and just shows how the powers that be actually class the paying public, as fools.

W

wanderer24

The 35 quid tickets will be about three miles from the pitch!!

E

Essex Wolf

The FA have to recoup their outlay on a vastly over budget Wembley somehow. Just a shame the fans have to cover their mess.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

fenella

I presume it will sell out fairly easily, but with the Cup Final possibly being third-billing to The Premiership and Champions League in the eyes of Chelsea and Man Utd fans, and a possible expensive trip to Athens a few days later, I wonder how many of the working-class, hardcore supporters will buy tickets?

C

cooper_J

I went to the first game at the new Wembley and I can't honestly understand the huge hike in prices! There isn't a bad seat in the house!

If we got to the FA cup final (even the play off final for that matter) I would pay £90+ to go though.

Captive audience again I'm afraid.

T

The Alchemist

Also there are hardly any kids tickets - once they sell out any other kids tickets have to be paid at full price.

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are next years semi finals being held there too?

donwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
i recently went to cardiff to see Doncaster in the JPT trophy final, i paid £44 for the best seat, can anyone remember how much the Sherpa Van Final was ?

At what price do you think Wolves wouldn't sell there allocation for a playoff final. I'd guess £60

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are next years semi finals being held there too?

this is what im more annoyed about, it will just spoil the magic of cup final day.

they did it at cardiff, either last year or the year before where they had the semi finals there as well as the final and it just wasnt the same at all.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Different games = different prices

We, the supporters, are paying the price of Multiplex's incompetance and all the additional costs of completing this over-priced fiasco.

:confused: :confused:

Not if you don't go to the Chelsea vs Man Utd game, you're not.

Tickets for the FA trophy, the play offs, the Charity Shield (or whatever it's called now) and the England games will all be priced differently.

If Wolves were in the Cup Final we'd all consider paying the prices asked.

We would and you all know it.

Dan_the_man

Reaction score
If Wolves were in the Cup Final we'd all consider paying the prices asked.

We would and you all know it.
As an advent armchair glory hunting supporter, i'd be more than happy to pay up to £90 to get a ticket if we reach the final. It's the done thing.

W

wanderer24

I would pay pretty much whatever i had to pay even though it's ridiculous. Probably keep it quiet from the mrs though.........

T

Templeton Peck

The market should be able to tell you what a decent ticket price should be. How much is the cinema these days? £5? £10? If live entertainments your bag then the theatre starts at about £20. A day at a theme park - £25-£30?

Back
Top Bottom