Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sell to buy to get quality Central Midfielder and Central Defender

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you had to raise 50 million by selling players to bring in two quality players, then who would you choose?

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
strange post

Nothing strange about it. Valued at 40 million which is about 20 million too much, three years with us and but for injuries would have still just been an impact sub. We would miss him less than any other player worth anything of note.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing strange about it. Valued at 40 million which is about 20 million too much, three years with us and but for injuries would have still just been an impact sub. We would miss him less than any other player worth anything of note.

watxh the Leeds game again , or Fulham , or palace , or Brighton ….

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dendoncker, Podence and Boly

we could maybe get 60m for these players it would represent good value

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone if the money is good and we can replace with better.

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I voted other:

Mir, Cutrone, Bonatini, Jordao, Campana, Shabani, Dadashov, Samuels, Sanderson, Burr, Ruddy, Ronan, Saiss, Boly, Coady.

I reckon we would be over £30mill before we even get to Boly and Coady.

R

reanswolf

Dendoncker, Cutrone, Saiss, and if they want to go..........Neves and Traore sadly.
Coady I love but maybe if he doesn't fit into a back 4 then we might sell.
Difficult decisions and choices.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I think we desperately need to keep coady, and probably mouts... We have already had enough changes... We need some experience about and vocals.... Back 3 should still be an option..... We don't need to sell anybody really to sign a centre back n midfielder really.... Mir, cutrone etc will do...use loan to buy options or obligations... Or even over budget nw and if necessary sell someone in January.......

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If players dont want to play for the club anymore, lets get top dollar for them as quickly as we can, move them on and bring in quality replacements. Lets not faff around.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I voted other:

Mir, Cutrone, Bonatini, Jordao, Campana, Shabani, Dadashov, Samuels, Sanderson, Burr, Ruddy, Ronan, Saiss, Boly, Coady.

I reckon we would be over £30mill before we even get to Boly and Coady.
Most of those players have absolutely 0 sale value. Mir, Cutrone is probably £15M. The rest combined (before Coady /Boly) is maybe £5M if I'm being generous.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably true but we’d be losing 3 first team players from an already small squad for a profit of about 20 million. Not exactly the Leicester model.
Boly been poor since covid, dendoncker and podence not the same player since their injuries. Time for a Wolves reset

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure that selling multiple players to replace with a smaller number of players is the answer as the squad is still the small squad that (most of us) bemoaned last season.

I also think Coady has as much to offer the club off the pitch as he does on the pitch. For me, he's a future Wolves manager.

On the other hand, it's clear that we have an unbalanced squad and would benefit from improvements in key areas. I think the sweet spot is to sell the players who clearly don't want to be here and would be out on loan anyway (Mir, Cutrone) and maybe one saleable asset.

Thinking objectively, I'd propose we sell Traore on the provisio that we get close to 50m for him. He plays in a position we have multiple options in, blows hot and cold and can't really be relied on as a first team starter but is instead more of an impact player - a luxury we perhaps can't afford at present. Add to this the fact that he's still stalling on a new contract and a move to White Hart Lane might be a great outcome all around for the right price.

IANWILSON

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If Donk would revert to DM then keep but surely the likes of Coady, Saiss, Mir etc need ousting. MGW played well towards the end of the season so keep till January. Think we're a minimum 4 players away from top 8.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would not be surprised if coady is tried in the holding midfielder role that neves currently plays. We know he can tackle, he has a good pass, not the quickest but reads the game well. Based on last year, this is the same role as neves. I wouldnt be surprised if neves is sold to bring in the midfielder partner to coady, someone who is more dynamic and can get up and down the pitch quicker and create more chances

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd like to think we can shift the likes of Mir, Cutrone, MGW, Jordao etc before we have to move on Boly, Neves, Adama etc. Definitely not Boly, as that is already a weak area for us. If some of our big hitters want to move, then hold out for top dollar.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I'd like to think we can shift the likes of Mir, Cutrone, MGW, Jordao etc before we have to move on Boly, Neves, Adama etc. Definitely not Boly, as that is already a weak area for us. If some of our big hitters want to move, then hold out for top dollar.
Selling MGW before he gets a chance in an attacking system would be a huge mistake.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If you had to raise 50 million by selling players to bring in two quality players, then who would you choose?

I'd keep all of those, 50 million is almost giving them away, anyway who would be better with that money.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore, Cutrone and Saiss.

I'd like to try and persuade Mir to spend a season and see how he works out in Lage's system.

Back
Top Bottom