Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

See you in August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m giving the site a break over the silly season. **** me it’s depressing all the moaning and complaining. I get it we’re not in Europe we’re not winning the league etc but I’ve got news for some folk…..we’re not the only team that would like to break into the top 6. There are clubs with similar or higher attendances with more seasons in the top league than us that are trying to achieve it too. I don’t want to row with fellow fans we all want Wolves to be successful but the **** that gets put on here by people who have no idea of what our wage bills/finances of ins and outs staggers me. We’re paying players millions of pounds a year just how many do you think we can pay that amount? We had a wage bill of £52 mill in the Champ now just think how much bigger that figure is now? We get what around £120 mill from SKY I just don’t know where some get this idea that we’re swimming in cash? Anyway take it easy fans and let’s all hope the club and Fosun (who by the way are a multi billion pound company not by accident either I would guess) know what they’re doing and we’ll see some of the freed up wages used on new signings over the next couple of months. For now let’s just remain a bit stoic and see where we are in August.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m giving the site a break over the silly season. **** me it’s depressing all the moaning and complaining. I get it we’re not in Europe we’re not winning the league etc but I’ve got news for some folk…..we’re not the only team that would like to break into the top 6. There are clubs with similar or higher attendances with more seasons in the top league than us that are trying to achieve it too. I don’t want to row with fellow fans we all want Wolves to be successful but the **** that gets put on here by people who have no idea of what our wage bills/finances of ins and outs staggers me. We’re paying players millions of pounds a year just how many do you think we can pay that amount? We had a wage bill of £52 mill in the Champ now just think how much bigger that figure is now? We get what around £120 mill from SKY I just don’t know where some get this idea that we’re swimming in cash? Anyway take it easy fans and let’s all hope the club and Fosun (who by the way are a multi billion pound company not by accident either I would guess) know what they’re doing and we’ll see some of the freed up wages used on new signings over the next couple of months. For now let’s just remain a bit stoic and see where we are in August.
Bye, enjoy your break.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

You taking a break too, if so enjoy.
I'm sure you'd like me to. Unfortunately for you i'm not. I need a chuckle in the morning looking at your ridiculous ramblings. Also i'd like to see you put your name forward as the new CEO. How we would laugh....

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Take it easy pal.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We get one of these threads every transfer window. There's always at least one poster who thinks they are above everyone else and feels the need to make a big announcement about how they are 'taking a break'.

We'll see you in a few weeks.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure you'd like me to. Unfortunately for you i'm not. I need a chuckle in the morning looking at your ridiculous ramblings. Also i'd like to see you put your name forward as the new CEO. How we would laugh....
Happy to oblige, although think you've already cornered the market in "ridiculous ramblings".

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We get one of these threads every transfer window. There's always at least one poster who thinks they are above everyone else and feels the need to make a big announcement about how they are 'taking a break'.

We'll see you in a few weeks.
Sadly for the Mix many of the better posters have slipped away quietly never to return for similar reasons

And it is a much, much worse place for it

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
This puerile bickering is why I stopped visiting the site. We old guys appreciate what a turn-around has happened at our club and are grateful. Let's double ticket prices so we can afford an extra couple of players ... and just listen to the supporters complain. Our club is aiming to be sensibly and sustainably run and we should applaud that.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
This puerile bickering is why I stopped visiting the site. We old guys appreciate what a turn-around has happened at our club and are grateful. Let's double ticket prices so we can afford an extra couple of players ... and just listen to the supporters complain. Our club is aiming to be sensibly and sustainably run and we should applaud that.
Not meaning to bicker, but not far off doubling the season ticket prices in the last 5 years actually.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My irritation is that there is a subtle (or not so subtle) narative being pushed here that anyone concerned as to the direction of the team / recruitment and elements of the management are expecting 100m signings every week, expecting to break the top 4 and be challenging City and United and are ungrateful for what Fosun have brought to Wolves. I genuinely dont think anyone questioning the current situation are expecting any of the above but there are valid questions to be answered.

. The recruitment has not been great / has had little first team impact in the last couple of years. We have suddenly gone from spending unwise amounts on players to investment in fringe players and players for Zurich. Very few of whom have much experience or an impact in the first team
. The football quality / entertainment has undeniably deteriorated in the last couple of years.
. The transfer policy seems to be a bit of a mess and who is actually selecting players is unclear
. Key players are leaving this year - will they be replaced and to what quality
. Theres a general feeling of treading or trying to tread water - its a difficult thing to do

I will always be grateful for what Fosun have done but we cant live in the past and believe that they are beyond any sort of questioning because we were in Europe three years ago - thats your lot and be thankful. I think the above are valid questions / concerns - if people want to put their fingers in their ears and ignore them fine, but its *******s to suggest anyone that wants to ask them cant as Fosun are beyond questioning of any kind.

Last edited:

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeh I get it from a mental health point of view. We all know performances and results have been poor for a couple of years and everything else gets exacerbated. People find fault with everything, it gets a bit tiresome. Take a good break pal and have a good summer

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bet Man City’s fans forums have posters that question the running of their club too. Have a good break but need to ask the question whether a public fans forum is the right place for you at all if you need to make such an announcement. Its the nature of the beast Im afraid, you will always hear peoples opinions, good and bad. Just accept thats how it works, and enjoy the Mix for what it is.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bet Man City’s fans forums have posters that question the running of their club too. Have a good break but need to ask the question whether a public fans forum is the right place for you at all if you need to make such an announcement. Its the nature of the beast Im afraid, you will always hear peoples opinions, good and bad. Just accept thats how it works, and enjoy the Mix for what it is.

So I think he just expressed an opinion and you’re saying it’s not the right place to make such an announcement?!!!

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely,there must be room for some what looks like wellgrounded concern regarding our squad and team?

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
giphy.gif

De Wolfs Mullet

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My irritation is that there is a subtle (or not so subtle) narative being pushed here that anyone concerned as to the direction of the team / recruitment and elements of the management are expecting 100m signings every week, expecting to break the top 4 and be challenging City and United and are ungrateful for what Fosun have brought to Wolves. I genuinely dont think anyone questioning the current situation are expecting any of the above but there are valid questions to be answered.

. The recruitment has not been great / has had little first team impact in the last couple of years. We have suddenly gone from spending unwise amounts on players to investment in fringe players and players for Zurich. Very few of whom have much experience or an impact in the first team
. The football quality / entertainment has undeniably deteriorated in the last couple of years.
. The transfer policy seems to be a bit of a mess and who is actually selecting players is unclear
. Theres a general feeling of treading or trying to tread water - its a difficult thing to do

I will always be grateful for what Fosun have done but we cant live in the past and believe that they are beyond any sort of questioning because we were in Europe three years ago - thats your lot and be thankful. I think the above are valid questions / concerns - if people want to put their fingers in their ears and ignore them fine, but its *******s to suggest anyone that wants to ask them cant as Fosun are beyond questioning of any kind.
A very balanced post which both the happy clappers and doom mongers should take note of.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's a big difference between questioning a few football decisions or commenting on the dull tactics vs the utter abuse spewed towards shi and sellars and ridiculous comments about esports.

Yeah we have concerns over transfers but my god, so does almost every club because it's extremely hard. Not disputing the concerns as I share them too but I don't share the idea that we have to rinse sellars constantly - or in fact anyone with a position at the club. This is what happens non-stop unless things are going amazingly well.

It's bad for mental health to be so negative, or to read constant negativity. It breeds more negativity and will almost never do anything but make folks feel worse.

I know plenty of people who left here as a result of constant negativity and so it does affect use of the site.

The most stupid thing is criticising anything that appeals more to younger age groups - bet it twitter, tik tok, esports, etc. It's just daft.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Inspired now and I'm also taking a break (not going to start my own thread)

Main reason for me is the endless amounts of pointless information for the very rare golden nugget of actual transfer news.

Pages and pages of circular debates about the board, the recruitment, Traore.

It's a bit addictive so a bit if self discipline is required but there are much better things to do in the sunshine!

Over and out!

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Spot on - well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom