Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Season tickets

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Isn't it around now we would normally get our season tickets renewals or am I imagining it?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pre-covid, Early bird used to be around now yes.
These days good knows when & how much :nomouth:
With inflation it’s going to be pushing nearer 700 mark I think for those sitting on the side behind the goal 650? Only a wild guess

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It's going to be a shock, with sensible renewal prices and a rebate it all seemed very reasonable this season.

What would the total cost of a season of tickets be behind the goal now? Well over £700? What was the new ST price this season? Can't see the renewal being less than £600 which is going to be a big squeeze in these times.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's going to be a shock, with sensible renewal prices and a rebate it all seemed very reasonable this season.

What would the total cost of a season of tickets be behind the goal now? Well over £700? What was the new ST price this season? Can't see the renewal being less than £600 which is going to be a big squeeze in these times.
There comes a point where you have to make a stand.
This could be it.

Freeze them.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be stunned if prices don’t go up. Just wouldn’t be in line with the way Vinny seems to operate.

If my ticket in SBU goes up to anywhere near the new prices for STH this season then I really will not be renewing. Will be very sad, but I just can’t justify it with all the other costs of living going up.

It’s starting to cost close to £80 just to get to the game in petrol now, just can’t justify these costs. Especially with how many games are on TV and how easy it is to stream for free.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Renewal Prices for 21/22

st_table.jpg

"New" Prices for 21/22

new-app-st-prices.jpg

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Better get a new card for the £6 admin fee. Realise it's incredibly small in the grand scheme of large price rises, but the least they can do is send a new bloody season ticket card.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There comes a point where you have to make a stand.
This could be it.

Freeze them.
Can't disagree at all.

I have 4 hour round trip to home games which I am more than happy to make.... so it's not just my ST cost but the sky-rocketing cost of petrol that is also a factor for me; as well as many others I suspect.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With thousands on the waiting list they know they’ll be able to get away with a price rise.
It would effectively be a price rise for about 20k season tickets.

I really don’t think they can put up memberships or match by match tickets else they will start to struggle to sell less desirable games (and I don’t just mean big 6, I mean night games and ones on telly).

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will surely be a price freeze with renewals paying new price .
Wolves will be suffering the same inflationary pressures as the rest of us. I am sure they won’t put the price up as much as the gas and electricity bills but it will go up.

It’s the price of gas and electricity that may stop me renewing as it’s eye watering amounts and is likely to go up more. From April I’ll be paying at least double what I was paying 12 months ago.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't disagree at all.

I have 4 hour round trip to home games which I am more than happy to make.... so it's not just my ST cost but the sky-rocketing cost of petrol that is also a factor for me; as well as many others I suspect.
I have more than double that now, but even flying return for £50, add train fares hotel costs and social costs and it becomes a luxury.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves will be suffering the same inflationary pressures as the rest of us. I am sure they won’t put the price up as much as the gas and electricity bills but it will go up.

It’s the price of gas and electricity that may stop me renewing as it’s eye watering amounts and is likely to go up more. From April I’ll be paying at least double what I was paying 12 months ago.
I would like to think from a business pov that they get more beneficial commercial rates on utilities.
If we put out tickets up by £50 on average that brings in what, £1m, £1.5m more?
Surely any commercial director worth his salt can bring that in in other ways.
I’d rather get emails about record labels and esports than see a price increase!!
I still maintain wv1 as it was could have been a standalone bar IF done correctly.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like to think from a business pov that they get more beneficial commercial rates on utilities.
If we put out tickets up by £50 on average that brings in what, £1m, £1.5m more?
Surely any commercial director worth his salt can bring that in in other ways.
I’d rather get emails about record labels and esports than see a price increase!!
I still maintain wv1 as it was could have been a standalone bar IF done correctly.
Commercial rates on utilities aren’t better, there’s no price cap for commercial gas and electric so they’re actually much more susceptible to increases than us as individuals are.

That’s not me defending them using it as a reason to up the prices, they shouldn’t, they should be able to bring that revenue in elsewhere.

Just saying that assuming they’re less affected by gas and electric price rises isn’t true.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect that last season's new ST price will be the absolute minimum renewal price. I fear that it will be more. I expect new STs to be 5-10% dearer than renewals.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Commercial rates on utilities aren’t better, there’s no price cap for commercial gas and electric so they’re actually much more susceptible to increases than us as individuals are.

That’s not me defending them using it as a reason to up the prices, they shouldn’t, they should be able to bring that revenue in elsewhere.

Just saying that assuming they’re less affected by gas and electric price rises isn’t true.
Thanks for the correction buddy, shows the danger of assumptions!

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for the correction buddy, shows the danger of assumptions!
No worries.

Unfortunately some small businesses are really going to struggle just as much, if not more than a lot of families to keep their heads above water with the cost of living rise.

If you’re a small business that sells non-essential items, not only are your costs rising but you’ll struggle to pass those on to individuals who are also struggling and will have less disposable income.

That shouldn’t apply to a business the size of Wolves, but you’d like to hope they won’t be tone deaf to the current situation when the prices come out.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't disagree at all.

This is the real killer for me too. I usually come by train but so many night games now that will involve a hotel. Long distance fans really will have big decisions to make soon. But good news for locals as I expect many who do travel from afar will drop out. Was wondering what % of Wolves income is from STs?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The accounts proved yet again that extra money they will make from ticket sales is absolutely nothing and needless in the big picture.

It's downright greed and exploitation if they put the prices up.

Even a freeze makes it expensive, so we shouldn't really be too grateful for that, but let's hope that's all it is.

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You can only stretch your income so far. I feel for those who travel distances by car at the moment, with petrol near to eight quid a gallon and diesel even closer. We haven't seen the top for gas and electricity prices either yet.

I can well see many dropping out of purchasing season tickets if there in is be a hike in prices.

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
When will we hear something??
I don't think we heard anything until early July last season, but that was due to the pandemic?

Previous years have been mid/late April.

I predict a 5% increase.

Behind goals / BW lower £576ish
SB upper / BW upper £675 / £722
BW upper center £769

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think we heard anything until early July last season, but that was due to the pandemic?

Previous years have been mid/late April.

I predict a 5% increase.

Behind goals / BW lower £576ish
SB upper / BW upper £675 / £722
BW upper center £769
Given that those are lower than last season's new ST prices l am highly sceptical although l hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom