Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Season Ticket Prices /Relocation/New STs

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's sad mate,but so true.The fans that have good jobs and plenty of money will think it's a drop in the ocean.I could name at least 5 on here who will back these increases because they are flush and think the rest of us are just moaning.I've stated on this thread that there are a lot of fans fed up with these increases from what I've overheard in the pubs yesterday.I couldn't quite hear exactly what this group were saying,but I did hear one say he has to pay an increase of £247 because his son/sons have moved up an age category.That's bloody ridiculous with the way the cost of living is at the moment.Sorry you are leaving mate.From a fellow South banker.
I said it before myself, and come across as a broken record, but this drives away more than just local fans as well, much more a conscious decision to not indoctrinate my daughter into Wolves because it's wholly unaffordable to get to Molineux for us, it was the magic of the match day that caught me, she won't get that experience over a TV and sadly she has much much cheaper on her doorstep.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The best way to look at it if your not sure what to do is consider how many games you would go to if a member, assuming you can get a ticket of course. If you do 10 games taking into account membership cost and the 10% ticket cash which can be used against further ticket purchase, or you have a season ticket and re sell the other 9 the price would be pretty much the same. Assumptions used being cat b ticket prices for members purely for calculation (also guessing they are in line with new season ticket prices), and obviously someone buying your seat if re selling as a season ticket seat at 80%.
The more games you do the better value a season ticket becomes, and if less the membership is cheaper.
Main advantages of a season ticket also being a guaranteed seat when you want it plus you've got it for big cup games plus if we were lucky enough to get to another semi final and final you should get a ticket also.
On this basis, as much as I think our home form has made me have a serious think about renewing I know that I will always go to at least 10 home games a season regardless, this season missing my only 1 on Sunday, renewing is a no brainer really.
I didn't do this in League 1 and paid the price.

I was that mad at the double drop I refused to renew my ticket. After the positive window I went to Preston and pretty much every game after apart from Walsall and Shrewsbury which went to season ticket holders.

I'd paid for my season ticket in 14 games. Silly really.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was sat in the North Bank Upper Tier yesterday.
I know for a fact, four empty seats around me were STH's friends not there. Holidays, an unavoidable event, and covid I think.
That's how I was able to have a nice, central seat in the top tier.
There were a a good few dozen empty seats in W8 and W9 in the Billy Wright Stand.
Yet , the Steve Bull looked pretty full upper and lower.
Looking at the North Bank from the South, there are plenty of empty seats for evening games and yesterday in the upper tier.

These aren't corporate WV1 either.

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Have season ticket holders received emails informing them that season tickets can be renewed?

If this is so, I haven't been informed yet.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have season ticket holders received emails informing them that season tickets can be renewed?

If this is so, I haven't been informed yet.
I believe so yes. Certainly l, and others l have spoken to, have. Check your spam folder....

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I had problems trying to renew last year and lost my original seat that I had had for several seasons.
I have checked my spam. Looks as if the telephone may have to come into use.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had problems trying to renew last year and lost my original seat that I had had for several seasons.
I have checked my spam. Looks as if the telephone may have to come into use.
That's not good. Hope that it all works out mate.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does buying a season ticket get you in at Grasshoppers or are we just the sponsors?

MrJamez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just renewed now.

If I don’t renew I lose my season ticket and will have to join the queue again. This is the problem.

Reaction score

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
Our prices are a disgrace.
How much have ours gone up in 8 years?

It’s been eight years since we increased Season Ticket prices following promotion to the Premier League and the decision to implement an increase now has not been taken lightly.

Guess that's a vanity project against investment group. Ironically our Chinese model seems much like the US owners, invest to grow and then reap the rewards of a bigger club. We've probably reached our ceiling in all reality and further investment gives little return (not what anyone wants to hear I know).

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s cost me just under £200 to get to and from Wolves this last week for the City and Norwich games. That’s for just 2 matches, I dread to think what the costs are going to be for 19 matches next season.

Since the final whistle on Sunday I’m seriously considering not renewing now. I’ve watched far worse times than these believe me, but I can’t justify these figures to sit there bored out of my mind.

In the process of buying a house too, I’m not sure I can justify it now, with the mortgage increases that will involve too.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s cost me just under £200 to get to and from Wolves this last week for the City and Norwich games. That’s for just 2 matches, I dread to think what the costs are going to be for 19 matches next season.

Since the final whistle on Sunday I’m seriously considering not renewing now. I’ve watched far worse times than these believe me, but I can’t justify these figures to sit there bored out of my mind.

In the process of buying a house too, I’m not sure I can justify it now, with the mortgage increases that will involve too.
Yeah, travelling from the south has become absolutely disgusting, madness considering getting to the Midlands isn't even hard or long, yet you often get 3 figure sums quoted to travel at early morning on a Saturday/Sunday.

Not even like years gone by when you could skip the barriers and such either.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, travelling from the south has become absolutely disgusting, madness considering getting to the Midlands isn't even hard or long, yet you often get 3 figure sums quoted to travel at early morning on a Saturday/Sunday.

Not even like years gone by when you could skip the barriers and such either.

Similar situation mate but from the other direction.

I remember it used to cost me 4.50 for a single from Stockport to Wolverhampton. This was as recently as 2016

Coming from slightly further North now, there's not much change out of 70 quid for a pre-booked return.

Factoring in VAR and our style of play, I've never been this close to calling it a day. Becoming far too much of a hassle.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another factor that will probably put some people off renewing a season ticket is that it’s now so easy to watch all the games on tv.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep you're right there.My sister has watched every game this season on the tv.When I have bin freezing my you know what's off she is drinking beer in a warm bar.I've renewed but if Jeff and co dow invest then it's my last and I'll join my sister and mates in the comfort of the Pub.And save a bit of money.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Similar situation mate but from the other direction.

I remember it used to cost me 4.50 for a single from Stockport to Wolverhampton. This was as recently as 2016

Coming from slightly further North now, there's not much change out of 70 quid for a pre-booked return.

Factoring in VAR and our style of play, I've never been this close to calling it a day. Becoming far too much of a hassle.
I used to get up from here one a tenner and could get round the country with absolute ease on a paupers wage.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crystal Palace for next season behind the goals (lower tier Holmesdale and the whole other end) are £520 if you renew by the end of the month, £70 cheaper than us.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West Ham behind both goals £585, fiver cheaper than us.

(a few in the nose bleeds for £335)

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most expensive renewal behind the goals at Fulham is £550, £40 cheaper than us.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How much have ours gone up in 8 years?

It’s been eight years since we increased Season Ticket prices following promotion to the Premier League and the decision to implement an increase now has not been taken lightly.

Guess that's a vanity project against investment group. Ironically our Chinese model seems much like the US owners, invest to grow and then reap the rewards of a bigger club. We've probably reached our ceiling in all reality and further investment gives little return (not what anyone wants to hear I know).
Adult behind the goal has gone from £345 5 years ago to £590 next season.

71% rise.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What makes it worse is you know we will make big profit on players this summer, Only a very small percentage of that could have been used to hold prices, acknowledging the difficult situation many fans find themselves in. We are now the golden tit not the owners.

R

reanswolf

Aston Villa have raised their prices to our prices this season, so cheaper than ours.

R

reanswolf

Brighton cheapest adults 545 quid and that’s bloody Brighton!

Cheaper than ours!

R

reanswolf

Newcastle cheapest adult in family area £417.

Much cheaper than ours.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of curiosity would people buy a season ticket in the temporary stand if it was significantly cheaper?

Banks's Mild

Groupie
Reaction score
Out of curiosity would people buy a season ticket in the temporary stand if it was significantly cheaper?
Never.
I actually find it quite embarrassing that a Premier league club has a stand like that for more than 1 year, which even then would only be acceptable if a rebuild was taking place in my view. In fact now that it has been in place for 10 years I don't even think we should class it as temporary any more as it's looking like it's now just a permanent fixture.
On a side note I know of people that could only get tickets in there when we got promoted and said it was crap, obviously more so if raining, so stopped going to games and now having got out of the habit just don't bother anymore even though tickets appear to be now more readily available in other stands.

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That's not good. Hope that it all works out mate.
I resorted to the telephone and managed to renew. I had a moan about the price rise but they are only answering the phone. I would think in the current economic climate many will give renewing serious thought. I know I have, but having been a supporter for over seventy plus years, what do you do?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To clarify and and weight to those London club prices, that is on the background of the higher than average wages here.

So if anything, a cheaper tickets in a part of the country was much more disposable cash.

Back
Top Bottom