Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Season Ticket Prices /Relocation/New STs

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At face value no BUT quite a few of our recent "cheaper unknowns" have turned out to be epic buys so.....
Very true indeed, though for balance, there's also been an odd one that's gone the other way.
It's one of those strange situations, where you're asked to invest in something, in advance of knowing what it is you're actually buying.

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very true indeed, though for balance, there's also been an odd one that's gone the other way.
It's one of those strange situations, where you're asked to invest in advance of knowing what it is you're actually buying.
I can't argue with any of that.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was in the home end nice and dry but was wincing just looking at you all. That rain was coming in almost horizontally.

Never bin so wet.Mind you Oxford away was nearly as bad.Think it was in the cup and wolves fans were trying to pay in the home end.Wonder if that's why some label us as tight as a ducks ass. :tonguewink:

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, let's get rid of those show ponies like Neves on their big salaries, and get back some real footballers who'll play for peanuts and be grateful to get that, like Eggert Johnsson!

Neves ay on those big salaries,and you ****ing know it.Stop being a bell end.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves is one of our top earners, so for us he is on a big salary - and will almost certainly be demanding a pay rise to stay.
Never mind, we can sign the new Dave Edwards to replace him. Low wages, that's all that matters...

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves is one of our top earners, so for us he is on a big salary - and will almost certainly be demanding a pay rise to stay.
Unfortunately Flump, I don't think he'll be making any such demands, as I fear his future lies elsewhere now.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Never bin so wet.Mind you Oxford away was nearly as bad.Think it was in the cup and wolves fans were trying to pay in the home end.Wonder if that's why some label us as tight as a ducks ass. :tonguewink:
As you can probably imagine there was a lot of respect, together with a lot of laughter, towards the fans who stayed out in the open after they allowed everyone to get under cover :D

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm on about players coming in demanding 150/200k a week.Having said that they can pay Ruben I million a week for me.I wow be hear much longer,and I've enjoyed my 52years supporting them home and away.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm on about players coming in demanding 150/200k a week.Having said that they can pay Ruben I million a week for me.I wow be hear much longer,and I've enjoyed my 52years supporting them home and away.

So you're complaining about imaginary players.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for this, I chased it and apparently they gave me a refund after my whinge email back in July 2020, they just didn't reply to it or send a follow up!

Not sure I can check my credit card that far back easily, but the detail CS gave me sounded right, so will crack on with the renewal..
Phone your card company. Easy.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The strange one for me is over 65's have to pay 65 quid more, yet 18 to 21's will pay less.
Almost like the club is kicking people in the *******s who have probably supported since they were kids, and telling them the younger people who haven't are worth more to the club.
Younger people are worth more, they buy more shirts, will go for years and prob sing more.

Also they have been hit hardest in last few years and will suffer inflation and cost of living more crisis more.

The young adults deserve every break they get. From a 56 year old.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My ST comes in at under the threshold I’d allowed myself to renew (£700), the coming season looks like it will be my last as a STH though assuming there is a further increase in 2023/24 (trend would suggest there will be).

Considering switching to NB from SBU to bring the cost down slightly, but will need to be in the back row as I can’t sit down during the match. Currently at the back of J9/10.

Let’s hope there’s some exciting signings to come to justify the latest increase!
Have to stand too, knees too compressed in SB; not a great experience.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you are business owner and you put your prices up and people keep paying the increased prices then your product can't be too expensive
It is about value. Also inflation exists, if tv money pays player wages and is fixed for length of tv deal other rev streams must grow by more.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
is that opposite the cancel button.I'm still unable to do it.look like me having to phone them. :mad:

Cheers though fev.

I've just remembered,last year because we did it by DD they told us it would renew automatically if we didn't inform them that we didn't want to renew.Think it was about 2 weeks before the deadline.So I'll wait and see what happens before I do anything else. :tonguewink:

rubyloo

Reaction score
Leaning towards not renewing (c.£1,200 for me & son plus 3-4 hour travel time)

Would be happy catching half a dozen games and not bothered who the opposition is. What are the chances of securing these tickets as a member?

Apologies if covered elsewhere, not read entire thread.

Thanks in advance if anyone can advise - would help reaching a final decision.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Would be happy catching half a dozen games and not bothered who the opposition is. What are the chances of securing these tickets as a member?

It's easy.

I'm a STH but know plenty of family and friends that are members and they get a ticket no problem, not once have they missed out and if you're only after two tickets should be straightforward.

If you're switched on to knowing when the tickets are out and able to buy straight away you could get a ticket whenever I think.

Media Wolf Pete

Groupie
Reaction score
Thanks for this, I chased it and apparently they gave me a refund after my whinge email back in July 2020, they just didn't reply to it or send a follow up!

Not sure I can check my credit card that far back easily, but the detail CS gave me sounded right, so will crack on with the renewal..
Just did the same and they did issue a refund late July 2020 (checked an old bank statement), but never bothered to tell me

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah, as the other reply said, you’ll get them easily if you can go online when they go on sale.

Also, as a previous season ticket holder I wonder if that might qualify you for a membership plus? If so you’d definitely get any tickets you wanted I reackon.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Tough decision, everyone must do want right for their circumstances but for me family security comes first then football.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If you don't mind the games you attend, it's no problem whatsoever. As members my daughter and I will have attended all the games I've tried for tickets for, except the United one. With Norwich on Sunday I think we've been to 10 in total, though 3 of those were cup games admittedly.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

Me and my son are members and we've easily managed to get tickets for every game we've wanted to go to this season (and after the Norwich game we'll have been to 14 home games). Even if you don't get them immediately when they are released to members (although we did) you can still pick them up in the week leading to the game when they put all the unsold hospitality tickets and returned season ticket seats up for sale.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Me and my son are members and we've easily managed to get tickets for every game we've wanted to go to this season (and after the Norwich game we'll have been to 14 home games). Even if you don't get them immediately when they are released to members (although we did) you can still pick them up in the week leading to the game when they put all the unsold hospitality tickets and returned season ticket seats up for sale.
If that’s 14 premier league games I bet you must be pretty close to having paid more than a season ticket holder?
taking into account the membership fee then the higher priced tickets (per game).

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
If that’s 14 premier league games I bet you must be pretty close to having paid more than a season ticket holder?
taking into account the membership fee then the higher priced tickets (per game).
Yes, maybe. I didn't expect us to be able to get to so many home games this season. It's 13 league games and the one FA Cup game. Won't be able to attend as many next season due to various reasons so definitely won't be getting a season ticket if offered one in the summer.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit deflated with price increase. Thankfully, on this occasion, with the Europa game owed & ticket cash accumulated, it's under my price point so will renew.

Feel for those who it is/has priced out already. Commend the club for the new initiatives put in place but feel like it's not as big a positive as it could have been had they frozen prices.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lots of empty seats last night against the champions elect. That’s got to be a worry for Fosun moving into next season.

Think we’ll still sell our season ticket allocation easily due to there still being some pent up demand.

But that’s got to be a worrying indication for next season if the football doesn’t get much better. Norwich game still has a lot of availability too, considering we’re less than 72h from kickoff of our last game of the season.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lots of empty seats last night against the champions elect. That’s got to be a worry for Fosun moving into next season.

Think we’ll still sell our season ticket allocation easily due to there still being some pent up demand.

But that’s got to be a worrying indication for next season if the football doesn’t get much better. Norwich game still has a lot of availability too, considering we’re less than 72h from kickoff of our last game of the season.
Thought Norwich would be a sell out given its probably the last time we will see some of our players.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is the archetypal "small cheap corner to make the lowest prices look ok" ground.
You're absolutely right, it is cynical window dressing. Same as Villa and a few others.

However, as well as those cheap seats (probably equivalent in size to a good third of the South Bank) they also have both ends and the other corners at £60 less than our ends. And that's in Southampton, a pretty normal working class city but a more prosperous region than ours.

The prices at British football grounds are shocking though, across the board (compare them to most continental leagues), so I always bite my tongue a bit when it comes to us / Fosun / Jeff. In reality we can't unilaterally decide to pass on income.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you are business owner and you put your prices up and people keep paying the increased prices then your product can't be too expensive
All depends on what you believe the 'product' to mean. I know that sounds ****y but hear me out...

Yes, sure, if we're treating football clubs and their main offer, the games, the same as any other commodity, then market forces dictate prices. No problem. For me and many others though, it's different when you're looking at us or other clubs: we're a community asset not just a product, and so the 'product' can still be too expensive even where we sell out. If lots of people in the community, real fans who would love to be there, can't attend, then somethings gone awry. This isn't necessarily the club's fault, but it's also not true, in my opinion, that if enough people are still paying then the price must therefore be right.

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All depends on what you believe the 'product' to mean. I know that sounds ****y but hear me out...

Yes, sure, if we're treating football clubs and their main offer, the games, the same as any other commodity, then market forces dictate prices. No problem. For me and many others though, it's different when you're looking at us or other clubs: we're a community asset not just a product, and so the 'product' can still be too expensive even where we sell out. If lots of people in the community, real fans who would love to be there, can't attend, then somethings gone awry. This isn't necessarily the club's fault, but it's also not true, in my opinion, that if enough people are still paying then the price must therefore be right.
The bottom line issue is that very few, and indeed declining in number, owners have the sort of emotional attachment to clubs which you rightly describe fans and the broader local community as having. While the latter see it as "their club" the reality is that most owners do see it as a business pure and simple.

Last edited:

bigwolf

Reaction score
Fosun are here to make money.

Plain and simple.

Success on the pitch is a secondary objectiive.

Buying talent to develop and sell on is the model. Aligned with driving revenue from the real and virtual stands.

All with the core objective of making profit and being self sustainable.

You don't.need to be in the top four to make money in the PL and they are proving it.

Our voices are heard but do they care? Probably not. Unless there is a financial gain to be made from acting on our feedback..

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I'm sure I heard that the police stopped general sale or something? I thought that's why there were empty seats in temp stand?

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still no article, tweet, comment from Wolves about the new prices. For an organisation that likes to say they put they care about their customers - it seems a bit of a strange way to release the tickets for 22/23.

Maybe Vinny Clark will convince us another rise is a good idea in his forthcoming chat with Jonny Phillips.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

From an emotional perspective spot on, from a business perspective if people continue to pay the prices or other people (those on the waiting list) replace them then the price is right

R

reanswolf

I’m not sure it is good business practice, it’s Moxeyism at its finest, short term profit at the fore. Losing 10% (hypothetically) of your customer fan base is not good practice, even if they might be replaced.

Btw, my son reckons there is a queueing system now to even join the waiting list. Surely this is ******.

Back
Top Bottom