Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Season Ticket Prices /Relocation/New STs

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 of us re-located easily enough from NB lower to NB upper. What is the view like from the back few rows of the NB upper - any good or too far away?

Too late now mind if it's the latter!

It's steep so I hope you have good lungs.The walk up to The top killed me but I've got chest problems,that's why I ony lasted 1 season.The first one when it opened.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Has anyone on the waiting list been offered a ticket as yet?
Yes I know someone who had an email Friday I think , and someone earlier on this thread had 1 for their daughter, think they can apply tomorrow, see post 604

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No it objectively proves the prices weren't enough of an issue
prices could still be an issue but people have prioritized season ticket over other spending wonder how many have had to reduce, give up on other areas of spending in order to afford ST renewals

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No it objectively proves the prices weren't enough of an issue
I think the exodus of the central sections of the side stands observed during relocation says a 2 things.
1. The price increase of £100 per ticket for central location is too much.
2. Steve bull isn't fit for purpose.

I've relocated from BWU central (just under the gantry) to SL5 and the price difference is staggering.

MutchAdo

Reaction score
I've never understood why the Steve Bull tickets are the same price all the way along whereas the outer flanks in the BW are cheaper than the middle. Sit in J1 and you're further behind the goal than 20% of the North Bank.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

prices could still be an issue but people have prioritized season ticket over other spending wonder how many have had to reduce, give up on other areas of spending in order to afford ST renewals
Right but by definition that isn't an issue then.

I don't think they should have been increased, the monetary benefits isn't worth it, but if 95% of people renew them then the price point isn't an issue

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 of us re-located easily enough from NB lower to NB upper. What is the view like from the back few rows of the NB upper - any good or too far away?

Too late now mind if it's the latter!

Sat up the top of NBU a few times. Excellent view. Stairs aren’t as bad as people make out, if you’ve got a basic level of fitness.

If that part of the ground sang more (not having a dig) I’d move from J10 in a heartbeat.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don't think they should have been increased, the monetary benefits isn't worth it, but if 95% of people renew them then the price point isn't an issue
It really is an issue

They are taking too much money from the loyal fans and as soon as things go south they will regret it

It doesn’t encourage a supportive fan during tough times. It encourages fans to act like customers and be raging when their service is horrednous

If they get this window wrong , Jeff will not be looking forward to home games one bit

MutchAdo

Reaction score

Of course price point is an issue. Do you think that just because 95% of people have renewed that their life is being affected in other ways? I'm flat on my **** at the moment and the only reason I've renewed is so my oldest can keep his season ticket until he starts work in two years time and can then buy his own, if it wasn't for that I wouldn't have renewed, no two ways about it. I'm really struggling to affrd two season tickets especially with the price hikes. Being a Wolves supporter is a way of life (as with any club) and people usually have to find ways to justify NOT renewing, not the other way round. There are people out there who are having to sacrifice other things to keep that support going, to dismiss that out of hand is flippant in the least.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Of course price point is an issue. Do you think that just because 95% of people have renewed that their life is being affected in other ways? I'm flat on my **** at the moment and the only reason I've renewed is so my oldest can keep his season ticket until he starts work in two years time and can then buy his own, if it wasn't for that I wouldn't have renewed, no two ways about it. I'm really struggling to affrd two season tickets especially with the price hikes. Being a Wolves supporter is a way of life (as with any club) and people usually have to find ways to justify NOT renewing, not the other way round. There are people out there who are having to sacrifice other things to keep that support going, to dismiss that out of hand is flippant in the least.
Try to read the context of what I've said.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

It really is an issue

They are taking too much money from the loyal fans and as soon as things go south they will regret it

It doesn’t encourage a supportive fan during tough times. It encourages fans to act like customers and be raging when their service is horrednous

If they get this window wrong , Jeff will not be looking forward to home games one bit
When things go south about 10k of our fans historically disappear, will happen either way.

Was a poor move by the club, but when 95% of people reward them with renewals that is what they go by.

Fans should act as consumers and be extremely demanding and critical of the club

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I think what the renewals show is that all the teeth gnashing online about “lack of ambition” and “the club going backwards” was only words, and deep down people are still deeply affectionate, passionate and loyal about the club. For me personally I said before the only reason I wouldn’t have renewed was if the cost was too much. I reckon a lot are in the same boat, if we can afford it and if the price is fair then of course we’ll renew.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

You don't agree and there's no major benefit to the club but the price point isn't an issue? Unless you mean to the club.
I mean to the club selling the tickets, this is an objective fact because as you say people will make cut backs to pay for the tickets. The price didn't put people off, that is a simple fact.

The club shouldn't be using people's love of the club against them but all do.

Villa up by 10% across the board as well as their cheapest going up 40% think I read.

Great article on it here, probably already shared but shows our "cheapest" tickets are pretty shamefully priced.

The most expensive doesn't seem crazy given you are given the option to relocate every year.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think what the renewals show is that all the teeth gnashing online about “lack of ambition” and “the club going backwards” was only words, and deep down people are still deeply affectionate, passionate and loyal about the club. For me personally I said before the only reason I wouldn’t have renewed was if the cost was too much. I reckon a lot are in the same boat, if we can afford it and if the price is fair then of course we’ll renew.
What garbage

People are renewing because they love going to wolves every other week. It’s their hobbie. Their passion

It doesn’t mean people don’t think we will struggle this season or that everyone thinks fosun have ambitions to improve us

JadeWolf

Reaction score
What garbage

People are renewing because they love going to wolves every other week. It’s their hobbie. Their passion

It doesn’t mean people don’t think we will struggle this season or that everyone thinks fosun have ambitions to improve us
Of course it’s garbage, silly me.

I find the idea that people weren’t going to renew because they don’t trust or like Scott Sellars absolutely baffling. Same as people saying they’re not going to renew because of our poor recent transfer windows.

The only reason not to renew is if you genuinely couldn’t afford to, if your priorities changed etc.

I actually think a lot of the stuff on social media about not renewing was from people who aren’t even season ticket holders anyway and just want people to notice them.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I find the idea that people weren’t going to renew because they don’t trust or like Scott Sellars absolutely baffling. Same as people saying they’re not going to renew because of our poor recent transfer windows.

The only reason not to renew is if you genuinely couldn’t afford to, if your priorities changed etc.

I actually think a lot of the stuff on social media about not renewing was from people who aren’t even season ticket holders anyway and just want people to notice them.
People often forget that majority of fans aren't on here and don't pour over the words of the club and transfer rumours like we do.

Just want to turn up, see the people they know and watch good football. If that happens they'll be happy, if it doesn't they have every right to be annoyed.

I'd wager a decent chunk of match going Wolves fans don't actually know who Vinny Clark is.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Must have missed the people saying they weren’t going to renew because they don’t like sellars / Jeff / Vinny

Can you find a post that says that?

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Must have missed the people saying they weren’t going to renew because they don’t like sellars / Jeff / Vinny

Can you find a post that says that?
Plenty across social media. Like I say though my suspicion is that those people aren’t actually season ticket holders anyway.

MutchAdo

Reaction score
You don't agree and there's no major benefit to the club but the price point isn't an issue?

I mean to the club selling the tickets, this is an objective fact because as you say people will make cut backs to pay for the tickets. The price didn't put people off, that is a simple fact.

The club shouldn't be using people's love of the club against them but all do.

Villa up by 10% across the board as well as their cheapest going up 40% think I read.

Great article on it here, probably already shared but shows our "cheapest" tickets are pretty shamefully priced.

The most expensive doesn't seem crazy given you are given the option to relocate every year.
Yes it won't appear as an issue to the club with such an uptake, on that much I'll agree. And to some (maybe even a vast majority) of STH the price point wasn't an issue but I can guarantee to some it definitely was and I do know a handful who've given up theirs due to the price. Probably more down to the cost of living and personal circumstances right now admittedly but if it comes to the point they have to give it up to afford to live then it is an issue. I know I left mine right down to the wire due to cash flow and even moved to bring the price down. Everybody's circumstances are different.

I do whole heartedly agree though that the club shouldn't use our loyalty against us though, I think that stinks. For minimal benefits they are pushing people to the limit when people are really struggling, and while I'll attend games for as a long as I can afford I'll never be on board with people having to sacrifice other things in life to follow the club they've had in their blood and invested in for years. It just grates on me that the club don't see the sacrifices, or if they do accept they're there they just blatantly don't care.

Back
Top Bottom