Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Season over

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Focus on staying up now

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Season isn't over yet! Newcastle next weekend! If we lose this game then possibly 4 points away from the relegation zone!

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Far from over.

Zenga has been gone a while now and yet this side still cannot seem to pull clear of trouble.

Huge run of home games now.

B

Boswell

You ok mate?
Sorry just having a mini breakdown:confused:
Had it set in my head that relegation threat was completely gone but after a performance like today it's a kick in the teeth and I'm now worried - can't see us doing the double over Newcastle

Last edited by a moderator:

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A chance of the playoffs has been realistically gone since the QPR home game, if not before, no big deal we aren't good enough yet. No chance of being relegated either despite all the pant wetting comments we'l see over the next week

WarwickWolves

Groupie
Reaction score
There seems to be a psychological factor. We do great against good opposition, and then crumble against poor sides.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won't get relegated, even if we do lose next week. It might get a bit close, a bit closer than some will like but we'll be fine.

I'm hoping, and fairlt confident, that Lambert will learn more from these games than beating Barnsley/Villa etc.

Squad needs quality in key areas & in the summer I think/hope we'll address those.

Said in another thread, a dissapointing end to a fantastic week.

UTW

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The play-offs do look too far now but you never know, with 10 home games and only 7 away left. Yes, our away form is better, but it probably won't stay that way - I remember us having a great away record several seasons ago with just a few games left and then we lost 3 away games in a row v Oldham, Stoke and Barnsley to lose out on the top two places. With the early bird offer, our higher gates might create a better atmosphere and turn the team into a force at home. Wednesday will have a blip or two and then, near the end, nerves as they remember last time they looked like going up and fluffed it. The fat lady is nowhere near singing yet.

O

OldburyWolf

There seems to be a psychological factor. We do great against good opposition, and then crumble against poor sides.
Wouldn't say it is psychological, it's just the nature of the games. We are at our best counter attacking at pace, so when the onus is on us to take the game to 'lesser opposition', we seem incapable of doing so.

T

TacticalWolf88

Against poor sides you need to excercise control in a game which requires intelligent midfielders who are capable of actually holding the ball for longer than half a second under pressure

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loads to play for this season.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cannot believe posters thinking we have no chance of going down. Iam guarded since 5 seasons ago when I thought that, along with the majority, that it couldn't/ wouldn't happen! Then Barnsley and others below us showed promotion form in the run in and through the trap door we went! Think we`ll finish around where we are now, but it`s gonna get interesting, especially if we lose next week to the Geordies and others below us pick up points, like happened today.

Last edited:
C

crazywolfy

oh yea it's all over cause of some of the fans here cry rivers and lakes until there's no tears left jeeze

I get they lost today by a team on paper we should win but up to all eleven players on following through tactics set by manager
we could still do something this season there's hope if u can get over your negativity

if the negative fans might as well say we're relegated at this stage.... post something critical but don't so overly negative all the fbomb time

have faith chill out and be supportive ;)

S

ShropshireLad

oh yea it's all over cause of some of the fans here cry rivers and lakes until there's no tears left jeeze

I get they lost today by a team on paper we should win but up to all eleven players on following through tactics set by manager
we could still do something this season there's hope if u can get over your negativity

if the negative fans might as well say we're relegated at this stage.... post something critical but don't so overly negative all the fbomb time

have faith chill out and be supportive ;)
Zeus ordered Sisyphus to roll a large round rock up a mountain and when he got it to the top it fell back down and he had to start all over again.

Zeus made Tantalus stand in a pool of water beneath a fruit tree with low branches, with the fruit ever eluding his grasp, and the water always receding before he could take a drink.

I suppose God made us Wolves fans for some reason or other.:cool:

B

Boswell

Looking at it again with a slightly clearer head, the average points threshold to stay up is around 50 points, at the moment we have 35 and 17 games left to play, so we need around 5 wins to reach safety, throw in some odd draws and extra wins then we should be comfortably safe

We still have Wigan, Rotherham and Blackburn all to play at home remember

Last edited by a moderator:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
Looking at it again with a slightly clearer head, the average points threshold to stay up is around 50 points, at the moment we have 35 and 17 games left to play, so we need around 5 wins to reach safety, throw in some odd draws and extra wins then we should be comfortably safe

I'm only saying this because I have no fear of it happening, but we went down with 51 and Peterborough came with us despite getting 54.
Freak season though, just like when we broke the record for finishing 7th...

B

Boswell

I'm only saying this because I have no fear of it happening, but we went down with 51 and Peterborough came with us despite getting 54.
Freak season though, just like when we broke the record for finishing 7th...
Fair point, one of the main issues/benefits (depending on where you look from) is that it's so difficult to predict the championship as its so unique as a league

Nonetheless, working out the average number of points for 20th position for the past 4/5 years is about 50 so we should be okay

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me today just highlights where we are - an average mid table team. We lack quality throughout the side but we have 3 or 4 players to start the summer re-build around and PL needs to persevere with Ronan who I am sure will command a place in the mf next season. We need to find a 20 goal a season man and the quality cmf we have not seen at Molineux since the Ince era. The rest of the season should be used to get things in place to start the new season running; we don't want to be playing catch-up.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well we`re back to 18th in the table. Hardly mid table is it?

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some posters on other threads still saying we`re a decent side. Two bad performances in last 3 league games. We are in 18th. The table doesn't lie. It just doesn't add up..how is that decent?

S

ShropshireLad

I'm not contemplating relegation, mate. Now that would be bizarre given everything that's happened this season. I can drink the water but I can't reach the *******' fruit hanging down low from the branches of the Prem and that's what's bothering me.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not contemplating relegation, mate. Now that would be bizarre given everything that's happened this season. I can drink the water but I can't reach the *******' fruit hanging down low from the branches of the Prem and that's what's bothering me.
Teams below us keep winning

Back
Top Bottom