Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Season Opener

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching Manure v Leicester on tellybox and even though its early days and either team won't be on top form, I've seen nothing apart from the crisper / faster passing (from Manure) that screams quality.
Now maybe I'm looking at things through gold tinted glasses and I know it's different watching on TV than in the stand, but last season (before we strengthened) we showed better quality in a lot of games than either team have shown tonight.

Like I say, I appreciate it is early days, but I really don't think we have too much to fear.

I just hope we can hit the ground running with our new signings.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
United's midfield look quality. Pogba's on form.

For me, and most of us I reckon, the season starts tomorrow. Can't wait to pin my badge on my Harrington, give my Trimm Trabs a scrub, print off my ticket, get the train up from Redditch, have a few in Brum then get to Wolverhampton and a proper pub and see what happens from there. COMB!

S

Shifnal Wolf

For me I’m confident going forward we will be ok and can cause some teams problems

It will be interesting to see how we cope with these better teams defensively.

I have faith :)

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me I’m confident going forward we will be ok and can cause some teams problems

Weirdly I think I'm looking forward to our defensive play too.
I agree with you about our attacking play, I think we'll play a few off the park.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester look a good unit, though. More than capable of getting back into it.

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, I’m pretty confident we’ll do the double over both of them ...

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Defence is our weak point. We'll be like Keegan's Newcastle. It's not too hard to score against us - put a man on Coady and we are in trouble.

There will be plenty of 4-3 scorelines either way.

I expect the Coady issue will be addressed in January. His days are numbered in Nuno's favoured system at this level.

Wigan Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Defence is our weak point. We'll be like Keegan's Newcastle. It's not too hard to score against us - put a man on Coady and we are in trouble.

I expect the Coady issue will be addressed in January. His days are numbered in Nuno's favoured system at this level.
What do you base that on?

Alienwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Well, we’ll certainly be tested by pace in the first few games, as we’re up against Richarlison, Walcott, Vardy, Sane & Sterling. It’ll be fine - nothing to worry about.

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think United's 15 andreas pereira looks a beve decent player for 22 years old . Wonder whether he could be a future partner for neves if and when mourinho dumps him for a more experienced player.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually think Leicester have been the better team

Will be a tough game next week

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester looked good until they got to the final third.

K

KiwiWolf

This is so exciting! It really doesn’t seem like 12 months since last Christmas! That year flew by but today is going to be fantastic filled with fun, excitement, tension, emotion, manhugs, high fives and more! Oh ****!! It’s only August, not Christmas at all! No! This is more exciting than Christmas is for a big kid like me! COYW!!

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I like him but I worry that Coady’s lack of pace will be cruelly exposed in the Prem

W

WasStefan

United's midfield look quality. Pogba's on form.

For me, and most of us I reckon, the season starts tomorrow. Can't wait to pin my badge on my Harrington, give my Trimm Trabs a scrub, print off my ticket, get the train up from Redditch, have a few in Brum then get to Wolverhampton and a proper pub and see what happens from there. COMB!
Dont see why anyone would drink in Brum before a wolves home game. Strange behavior

D

Deleted member 4594

Nice of to give him 0 games at this level to decide that!

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched about 60 minutes on and off and I thought United looked bang average myself.
Leicester played better football generally IMO but then Utd were sitting on a lead for 90 minutes so didnt ever need to extend themselves.

There was a program about Scholes and Neville on after. Christ the team they had when they had Scholes, Giggs, Beckham, Keane, Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo, Barthez etc was a far cry from their current uninspiring squad.

D

Deleted member 5242

Saw absolutely nothing that worried me. All very predictable. Whilst there was obviously some brilliant individual talents on show, they seemed to struggle with the basics. Misplaced passes, lack of communication etc

Back
Top Bottom