Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Season 02/03

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching the season review on wolves site. What a good team we had in those days, unfortunately a lot were past their best when they came to us and we had to rely on a number of them in our first go in the premier. Watching ince, rea, Blake, Miller, ndah, sturridge, Kennedy, Irwin with Murray and lescott plus Naylor, butler and cameron. How good would that team have been if all were in their hayday

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching the season review on wolves site. What a good team we had in those days, unfortunately a lot were past their best when they came to us and we had to rely on a number of them in our first go in the premier. Watching ince, rea, Blake, Miller, ndah, sturridge, Kennedy, Irwin with Murray and lescott plus Naylor, butler and cameron. How good would that team have been if all were in their hayday

Crazy didn't get automatic promotion

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder who would be the quickest between Traore, all pace and power and george ndah, another who would get you out your seat, who floated across the pitch, nobody could keep up with him as is the case with adama.

Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Loved George Ndah - not as quick as Traore I'm sure, but so silky, such a classy player but injuries really affected him - when I say injuries what I mean is that dirty **** Matt Carbon

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair the team that got us up had a good blend of youth, quality and experience. The issue was the youth and much of the quality of the team got ripped out through injury and we actually started the season with a much lesser team. The likes of Miller, Lescott, Ndah, Murray, Kennedy were nowhere to be seen that season. We were pretty unlucky on that front. Had we had those players from the off, with the £20-30m Jones planned on spending on the likes of Trevor Sinclair, David James and one or two other PL seasoned pro's he mentions in his book, we would have competed very well that season. After New year once we got a more settled team we was more consistent, but it was too little, too late.

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
02/03 was a great half season. We were properly **** until Christmas and the season turned on the Newcastle cup game. Jones still managed to nearly **** the first leg of the play offs going 4-3-3. Second half we switched back and got our act together.

I went to 99% of the away that season and had some great trips. PNE and George Ndah's goal. Norwich away 3-0 after they did us in 01/02 was satisfying. Forest 2-2 on a Friday night on Sky and Derby away 4-1. Lee Naylor wonder goal away at Ipswich. Reading away was special, 4800 of us under the cosh and then when Rae scored the relief was palpable, but my god, the limbs!

Special mention for the cup run Newcastle at home in the cup. What. A. Game. Night and atmosphere. Had everything, and we got under Bellamy's skin which was always a bonus. Ndah scored a wonderful goal v Leicester too.

Less said about 03/04 the better. A sad indictment of SJH's and Moxey's respective tenures.

Himleywolf

Reaction score
Loved George Ndah - not as quick as Traore I'm sure, but so silky, such a classy player but injuries really affected him - when I say injuries what I mean is that dirty **** Matt Carbon
Was it George who was badly nobbled at home to Portsmouth? It was a night match and I always remember Harry Redknapp saying whoever did it hadn't got a bad bone in his body and wouldn't hurt a fly. Lost a lot of respect for Redknapp after that because it was a bad bad tackle.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Was it George who was badly nobbled at home to Portsmouth? It was a night match and I always remember Harry Redknapp saying whoever did it hadn't got a bad bone in his body and wouldn't hurt a fly. Lost a lot of respect for Redknapp after that because it was a bad bad tackle.

Had to look and this sums up people like Redknapp for me.

From the BBC match report.
Redknapp "I thought it was a great tackle, both players slid in and these things happen. Diabate is a pure footballer if he lacks anything it is a bit of aggression".

From Diabate's wiki page
Redknapp described him as "hard as iron, I wouldn't want to be a striker playing against him, he is a wonderfully aggressive player who controls midfield for us".

Himleywolf

Reaction score
Had to look and this sums up people like Redknapp for me.

From the BBC match report.
Redknapp "I thought it was a great tackle, both players slid in and these things happen. Diabate is a pure footballer if he lacks anything it is a bit of aggression".

From Diabate's wiki page
Redknapp described him as "hard as iron, I wouldn't want to be a striker playing against him, he is a wonderfully aggressive player who controls midfield for us".
Yes I remember it. Was it George, pretty sure it was?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many of them came to us for a last payday. Realistically, if they were still at their peak they wouldn't have done so.

Back
Top Bottom