Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

Reaction score
I love Coady and it will be a sad day when he leaves. A superb off field captain, but has he really been that great a captain on field? We have capitulated on the field in some big matches leading to long runs of poor results often defining our seasons, does this show great leadership in game?
No way a disrespectful post to Coady just an observation

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we want to use this sell to buy model and re-invest, then depending on the fee Kilman is probably the player we could get huge money for. I keep saying it but he is a good age, English and left footed. Thats the kind of player in England that will fetch a lot more than he is worth. I dont disagree with you about Coady, but we would probably need to sell Coady, Adama and probably 1 other backup player to get decent money to sign somebody like Nunes for example.
I agree completely that kilman makes the most sense to sell but as 2 cb’s with height, speed and on the ball skill beyond wonder passes is needed then kilman is far more important to us than coady.

Selling kilman over coady with this strategic change would be a massive error this season.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More tidbits from the 2 kind individuals who now pass me (what seem to be reliable) snippets of info.

American investment didn't work out. They was genuine interest in buying a % of the club but it didn't pan out.

Another interested party but early days. Not sure if it's for a % or buyout. From what I can ascertain, Fosun are very open to selling a percentage of Wolves - or even the entire club - but they won't budge on price. Sounds similar to our transfer strategy.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More tidbits from the 2 kind individuals who now pass me (what seem to be reliable) snippets of info.

American investment didn't work out. They was genuine interest in buying a % of the club but it didn't pan out.

Another interested party but early days. Not sure if it's for a % or buyout. From what I can ascertain, Fosun are very open to selling a percentage of Wolves - or even the entire club - but they won't budge on price. Sounds similar to our transfer strategy.
Is the other interested party also American?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No

Sorry if it seems like im playing silly buggers, but I'm determined not to **** off the kind folks sharing the little they know by blabbing too much.

I know how much I come to the mix for info though, so it's nice to pass on what I can.
Doesn't seem like that at all mate and the info is much appreciated.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I'd hope it would be a % rather than a sale. Would like the club to maintain the Mendes/ Portugal links that we've got with Fosun.

The thing is, having a good transfer window and a strong start to the season will be the best way to convince investors to sign up.

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
Not sure if it's for a % or buyout. From what I can ascertain, Fosun are very open to selling a percentage of Wolves - or even the entire club
Out of curiosity if Fosun were to sell a percentage how will this affect the transfer strategy I wonder as presumably if they are still the majority shareholder they would still be pursuing the self sustaining policy??

Would the investment go towards new players or into Fosuns sport leisure portfolio never to be seen again.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of curiosity if Fosun were to sell a percentage how will this affect the transfer strategy I wonder as presumably if they are still the majority shareholder they would still be pursuing the self sustaining policy??

Would the investment go towards new players or into Fosuns sport leisure portfolio never to be seen again.
I imagine it would go directly into the club, so if Fosun were to take it out it would be blatantly obvious!

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That wally from wolves rumours said the founder of monster drinks was interested, giving me nightmares thinking about it

kiddywolves26

Reaction score
I’m sure fosun announced they were looking to sell a % of the club a while back now.

I assume the intention is to bring in more investment to help grow the club. Ie club sells % for 100m, 100m is used to stadium upgrades, this allowing upgrades to be done without affecting transfers etc

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
I imagine it would go directly into the club, so if Fosun were to take it out it would be blatantly obvious!
Hope so would still be interesting how the transfer strategy would be affected.

Thank you for passing on the info though.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If Fosun sold a minority share of the club, then why do you assume the cash will go directly to the club? Fosun own almost 100% of the shares in the club today, so it will be Fosun selling shares and receiving cash or something of equivalent value in return. It would be up to Fosun to then pass some or all of that to Wolves, if they wished. There is no certainty they would, and if anything, I think it more likely they would retain some or all of it to offset the loan to Wolves they recently wrote off.

But if this is the case, then you have to ask why someone would buy a minority interest in Wolves? There are no dividends back to the owner, nor any significant profits from which to pay them. They would own an asset, which may or may not appreciate over time, and there may or may not be another investor in future happy to buy their stake back. Doesn’t sound very attractive to me unless the buyer actually gained some control of the club.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That wally from wolves rumours said the founder of monster drinks was interested, giving me nightmares thinking about it
You know to compete with Red Bull they would want their name as part of the team name in the same vein as Red Bull Leipzig. Wolverhampton Monsters anyone? Or maybe Monster Wolves?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No

Sorry if it seems like im playing silly buggers, but I'm determined not to **** off the kind folks sharing the little they know by blabbing too much.

I know how much I come to the mix for info though, so it's nice to pass on what I can.
Mate, it is great you share anything that you hear and don’t risk the person who told you!

I know I really appreciate any ITK stuff knowing full well it may not pan out, it is great to hear something could happen/is happening behind the scenes as so little gets out.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It isn’t a crazy idea, the owner of monster is a massive sports nut and loves sport and pumps money into anything he backs.

He is a reverse Mike Ashley! He wants to see trophies and loves a live event.

There are many worse people to be linked with.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You know to compete with Red Bull they would want their name as part of the team name in the same vein as Red Bull Leipzig. Wolverhampton Monsters anyone? Or maybe Monster Wolves?
Monster Molineux I could just about live with, anything beyond that would be a nightmare.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The last bit does ring true and shows while they maybe fantastic business minds, they don’t quite fully get the business of football.

It would be interesting to see what happens to the sales of more fashion than sport like clothes like the shop in China and the record label should a new person buy us?

I think they keep the e-sports though as there is money in it if you do things like DOTA, league of legends and call of duty. The fifa pro scene is ok but not that lucrative for the players or teams by all accounts based upon the players at the top of that arena.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I suppose Fosun might pocket it, but any new investor is going to want to see the value of their investment rise. So it's more likely we make a show of it and spend on a few players.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose Fosun might pocket it, but any new investor is going to want to see the value of their investment rise. So it's more likely we make a show of it and spend on a few players.
Yeah.. surely any investor wants to see growth and return on investment. I think the pitch would be taking Wolves to the “next level”.. Fosun will also want to see their asset grow.

It’s rare owners sell percentages for cash, unless their plan is to slowly exit the club entirely.. which is probably easier to do in one go.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yeah.. surely any investor wants to see growth and return on investment. I think the pitch would be taking Wolves to the “next level”.. Fosun will also want to see their asset grow.

It’s rare owners sell percentages for cash, unless their plan is to slowly exit the club entirely.. which is probably easier to do in one go.

Could they say we will give you x% if you provide X amount of Cash for improvements in the squad or stadium improvement or running costs

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could they say we will give you x% if you provide X amount of Cash for improvements in the squad or stadium improvement or running costs
I imagine there would be a detailed pitch on where it will be spent and what the return/growth potential would be.

I doubt that an investor would be able to caveat exactly what it was spent on though, because of potential unforeseen circumstances.

I think regular European football and stadium capacity are our main growth potential areas.. the foreign markets would probably be partnerships based mostly.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No

Gggrrrr it’s been 3 hours and no one has bought the club you absolute fake ITK LIAR!!!! WAAAAAH WAAAHHH.

Am I doing this right?

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree completely that kilman makes the most sense to sell but as 2 cb’s with height, speed and on the ball skill beyond wonder passes is needed then kilman is far more important to us than coady.

Selling kilman over coady with this strategic change would be a massive error this season.
We don't want to sell Max do we ?Jesus.
Him and Collins are are centre backs for the next 4 or 5 years.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s going to take a huge investment to bring “regular European football “. The Superleague Scum Six are miles ahead in terms of resources and as we found out three seasons ago even 7th doesn’t guarantee a European place. Obviously there will be occasions when they Scum Six drop back a little but at the moment they all look a long way ahead of us. If the club is worth say £250m even a 50% stake invested into the team wouldn’t guarantee 6th place as wages will need to rise considerably to attract the kind of players that could achieve it.

I suspect the successive 7th place finishes under Nuno will stand out as our high point for a long time unless we get a completely new owner who wants to throw money at us. I think that’s unlikely but never say never.

In the meantime a little added investment in the short term is needed to protect the value of Fosun’s investment. If they get it right they could well recoup it next summer as we won’t need major additions then.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s going to take a huge investment to bring “regular European football “. The Superleague Scum Six are miles ahead in terms of resources and as we found out three seasons ago even 7th doesn’t guarantee a European place. Obviously there will be occasions when they Scum Six drop back a little but at the moment they all look a long way ahead of us. If the club is worth say £250m even a 50% stake invested into the team wouldn’t guarantee 6th place as wages will need to rise considerably to attract the kind of players that could achieve it.

I suspect the successive 7th place finishes under Nuno will stand out as our high point for a long time unless we get a completely new owner who wants to throw money at us. I think that’s unlikely but never say never.

In the meantime a little added investment in the short term is needed to protect the value of Fosun’s investment. If they get it right they could well recoup it next summer as we won’t need major additions then.
Realistically, delivering European football is easier via the cups.
Beating the likely few in a one off game just once or twice in a run is easier than trying to out point a couple of them over 38 games.
But it requires confidence in the squad and eventual finishing position to play strong teams in the earlier rounds, particularly league cup.

Also, can’t remember how the extra champions league place (awarded to highest UEFA coefficient leagues, of which PL is an incredibly likely recipient) in a couple of years is set to function, whether it takes away a lesser competition place or is a full addition.
Can only assume that’s part of the reason so much was paid for Chelsea (apart from land value). 5-6 quality sides chasing 4 spots has a financial risk, less so for 5-6 chasing 5.

Wisdomwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
No

Although detail is sketchy, my understanding is co investment is preferred in both WWFC and by extension FSG, however other options will be considered. Again, I’m led to understand there is no pressure by CCP to sell, in fact Guo has strengthened his position of late. This last month Fosun have formed a joint venture with the largest state owned bank to generate greater private investment into the economy. The significance cannot be overstated enough. You don’t get conferred to do this without explicitly having CCP endorsement. Added to which Guo has been hosted by German, French, Swiss and Portuguese governments and major corporations in the last fortnight.

John M, Peak6 and Wolves board member, is playing a big role in seeking the investment.

This much I’m happy to share because it’s out there if you circulate in the right places or have contacts that do.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Realistically, delivering European football is easier via the cups.
Beating the likely few in a one off game just once or twice in a run is easier than trying to out point a couple of them over 38 games.
But it requires confidence in the squad and eventual finishing position to play strong teams in the earlier rounds, particularly league cup.

Also, can’t remember how the extra champions league place (awarded to highest UEFA coefficient leagues, of which PL is an incredibly likely recipient) in a couple of years is set to function, whether it takes away a lesser competition place or is a full addition.
Can only assume that’s part of the reason so much was paid for Chelsea (apart from land value). 5-6 quality sides chasing 4 spots has a financial risk, less so for 5-6 chasing 5.
Looking at the winners of the League and FA Cup over recent years I’m not sure there’s much difference. I guess a good draw can increase the chances but it won’t be a regular occurrence.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't seem like that at all mate and the info is much

Although detail is sketchy, my understanding is co investment is preferred in both WWFC and by extension FSG, however other options will be considered. Again, I’m led to understand there is no pressure by CCP to sell, in fact Guo has strengthened his position of late. This last month Fosun have formed a joint venture with the largest state owned bank to generate greater private investment into the economy. The significance cannot be overstated enough. You don’t get conferred to do this without explicitly having CCP endorsement. Added to which Guo has been hosted by German, French, Swiss and Portuguese governments and major corporations in the last fortnight.

John M, Peak6 and Wolves board member, is playing a big role in seeking the investment.

This much I’m happy to share because it’s out there if you circulate in the right places or have contacts that do.
John m could be crucial for us.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd hope it would be a % rather than a sale. Would like the club to maintain the Mendes/ Portugal links that we've got with Fosun.

The thing is, having a good transfer window and a strong start to the season will be the best way to convince investors to sign up.

Logically, you'd think so. Newcastle were bottom and heading for relegation when their owners bought them last season, though.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you want a best price European football a must

Back
Top Bottom