Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The media team wouldn't be pulling anything together until they have a player in the building to create content with.

So highly unlikely, as we'd know if somebody was so close to signing that announcement videos/content were being made. E.g. our friends Romano, Percy or Ornstein would be all over it that we've agreed fees/players in the building.

I'm sure we'll sign some players at some point of course.

StourWolves

Groupie
Reaction score
I think that would be somewhat of a let down.

We don’t need another 19yo that’s going to take 2 seasons before his ready.
Understand your point but unless neves is sold they won’t invest heavily into the midfield position. Neves, Mout and donk will be the seniors and Cundle + Neto (or another youngster) would be backups.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that would be somewhat of a let down.

We don’t need another 19yo that’s going to take 2 seasons before his ready.
I nearly choked. Martim neto would be a real coup.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
3 signings would be unreal.
Neves signing a new contract would be the statement of intent that I need for reassurance that the "project" is still on.
I'd be so happy to see even 1 more season of him.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
More rumours from the pub...

Neves off to Barcelona as soon as de jong goes to Man utd.
Traore and Trincao swap still on, with Trincao being used in a player plus cash deal for 2 players from Sporting...
That's a blast from the past. The ole Leeds-Barca-Sporting merry-go-round: Traore to Barca, Trincao to Wolves, Traore to Leeds, Raphina to Barca, Trincao to Sporting, Nunes+cash to Wolves. Could make sense, I guess. Too many moving parts to me and the players must agree, too.

If de Jong goes to ManU, then I think Neves goes to Barca; I'm not so sure that ManU will go in for Neves if they don't get de Jong.

Btw, none of my musings have any basis in fact whatsoever. So, drink your pint and be amused.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Zaidu Sanusi has just joined gestifute..... LWB from Porto....might he nowt in it but we have been linked before , and just released Giles n hoever.....he can play centre back as well...could be marcal replacement.....

Porto fans don't like him. Seen as a massive liability

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’ll be Neves signing a new deal followed by Nunes, Collins and Batigol each rocking up at Compton to put pen to paper? No doubt in my mind at all and absolutely no chance of me feeling dispirited or panicking about us having signed no-one at the end of the week.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have some faith it ay even July yet
My approach is very much one of ‘what will be will be’. There’s not much I can do to influence or change things so why stress too much? I’m sure we’ll make a few signings, but I try manage my expectations these days. Sensible I think given our performance in transfer windows in recent years. I wouldn’t be betting on us seeing any major fireworks this summer, but players will come. They have too.

If its top quality players that suddenly start showing up I’ll be nice and pleasantly surprised, if they don’t exactly fit that profile as yet I won’t really be surprised.

Last edited:

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1 will be Hwang and 2 kids for grasshoppers,
It will probably be Hwang and no one.
Though it would be great if I could persuade myself that Matt Hobbs South America trip was to get Nunes and Gabigol signatures and the Argentina trip was in the nature of Jeff saying to Hobbs as he leaves Jeff's office, "Matt, while your at the shops in SouthAmerica, see if that young Argentine midfielder will agree to join for the start of our season".

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will probably be Hwang and no one.
Though it would be great if I could persuade myself that Matt Hobbs South America trip was to get Nunes and Gabigol signatures and the Argentina trip was in the nature of Jeff saying to Hobbs as he leaves Jeff's office, "Matt, while your at the shops in SouthAmerica, see if that young Argentine midfielder will agree to join for the start of our season".
Hopefully Matty found the time whilst in Rio to visit Copacabana beach, the Christ statue, eat some feijoada and do the Maracana stadium tour, because I highly doubt he’s been spending all of his time locked in talks with Nunes and Gabigol.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a blast from the past. The ole Leeds-Barca-Sporting merry-go-round: Traore to Barca, Trincao to Wolves, Traore to Leeds, Raphina to Barca, Trincao to Sporting, Nunes+cash to Wolves. Could make sense, I guess. Too many moving parts to me and the players must agree, too.

If de Jong goes to ManU, then I think Neves goes to Barca; I'm not so sure that ManU will go in for Neves if they don't get de Jong.

Btw, none of my musings have any basis in fact whatsoever. So, drink your pint and be amused.

Sporting want trincao so maybe that’s why Nunes is being pushed our way (and indeed linked with Barca over last few days)

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palace and Fulham in for him apparently...and the manager wants to keep him......he is a lot better than marcal... physical, quick....

But very technically limited, to the point of him going to be an issue. If multiple teams are "looking" at a player it's normally an agent trying to get a move

Back
Top Bottom