Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Heard a rumour that Mutchy has her finger poised over the Lock button on the Non - Wolves transfer thread

Reactions: DPE

top fox wolf

Reaction score
Neves is signing a new contract, you can all rejoice.

Would match up with those posters who have said that the market perhaps isn't as big for him as we thought it might be.
I can confirm that is quite correct my contact who is very close to the club has told me RUBEN is signing a extension to his contract happy days .

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves is signing a new contract, you can all rejoice.

Would match up with those posters who have said that the market perhaps isn't as big for him as we thought it might be.

I can confirm that is quite correct my contact who is very close to the club has told me RUBEN is signing a extension to his contract happy days .
That’s brilliant, genuinely really good news if Neves stays.

But, with the talk that no one is in for Traore, the club have no intention of letting MGW go even if he doesn’t sign a new contract and very few of our other players seemingly attracting interest, how are we supposed to fund a squad refresh?

I’m anything but a pant wetter and I’ve no real issue with the sell to buy policy but if we aren’t selling how are we buying given we really do need to buy as this squad desperately needs a refresh?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic news and if true, you’ll never have to pay for a drink again. :)

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

But, with the talk that no one is in for Traore, the club have no intention of letting MGW go even if he doesn’t sign a new contract and very few of our other players seemingly attracting interest, how are we supposed to fund a squad refresh?

I’m anything but a pant wetter and I’ve no real issue with the sell to buy policy but if we aren’t selling how are we buying given we really do need to buy as this squad desperately needs a refresh?

Cheaper deals paid, loans, free transfers.

However with the chasing of nunes, Enzo etc I would say there is a bit of money there

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Excellent news if true, I wonder if this will affect the Moutinho contract as we do need a refresh but if wages are tight and only one can stay on big wages it has to be Neves as he is our future. All hypothetical of course.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club is trying but everything seems a bit negative fan side atm.
I think because the club have vocally lowered expectations and, seemingly, run down the first XI through lack of first team investment there is more ‘stress’ attached to this window.

The club give off the impression of lack vision and muddled thinking which makes it look like panic buying. With Neves (hopefully) staying there’s some stability but we could be left with pretty much the first XI that have struggled for goals and consistency the past two seasons.

But nothing we can do about it so no point stressing.

Reactions: Ian

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think because the club have vocally lowered expectations and, seemingly, run down the first XI through lack of first team investment there is more ‘stress’ attached to this window.

The club give off the impression of lack vision and muddled thinking which makes it look like panic buying. With Neves (hopefully) staying there’s some stability but we could be left with pretty much the first XI that have struggled for goals and consistency the past two seasons.

No stressing I wish, state of here and social media is awful

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I would rather that we aim high with "Plan A" and hopefully have decent fallback targets rather than merely sign "meh" players as they are happy to come to Wolves. The latter is easy to do but we'll end up with a Mick style team that puts in a shift but doesn't have the ability. The positive about the players we are seriously (no one sends someone all the way to South America as a PR stunt) trying to sign is that they are young, have significant scope to improve and we obviously have a reasonable budget.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It’s been said by both Jeff and Bruno that if the right player is available at the right price, that they’d try to get him. The money is available.
Remember, the self sustaining credo is more a guideline……it’s not carved in stone.
Fosun have lots of loot.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Very true no point stressing as sod all can be done, I’m guilty of it so makes me a bit of a hypocrite but if the first 11 is pretty much the same that struggled for goals the atmosphere at Molineux could turn poisonous quite quickly with Jeff being the main focus. Plenty of time left though so hopefully we can find a player or 2 to improve our first 11 which is desperate for some fresh blood.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s been said by both Jeff and Bruno that if the right player is available at the right price, that they’d try to get him. The money is available.
Remember, the self sustaining credo is more a guideline……it’s not carved in stone.
Fosun have lots of loot.

agreed. dunno if we'll get him but i think the nunes stuff is kosher. we'd shell out for someone who we could bank on getting a profit on. get the money back (if necessary) through selling dendoncker, MGW, traore now or later. but point is nunes is highly unlikely to depreciate

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cheaper deals paid, loans, free transfers.

However with the chasing of nunes, Enzo etc I would say there is a bit of money there

Fosun have lots of loot.
I hope you’re both right. Like I say, I’m anything but negative usually, but I really hope the squad that starts the season has had a bit of a refresh and we don’t see 90% of the same faces with just 2 or 3 new faces.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumour I heard off my wife's husband's dad's daughters brother is that we'll be selling RAN & MGW

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun have lots of loot.
Signing Nunes would re-inforce this.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very true no point stressing as sod all can be done, I’m guilty of it so makes me a bit of a hypocrite but if the fist 11 is pretty much the same that struggled for goals the atmosphere at Molineux could turn poisonous quite quickly with Jeff being the main focus. Plenty of time left though so hopefully we can find a player or 2 to improve our first 11 which is desperate for some fresh blood.
I think this post speaks for a good number many of us!

Back
Top Bottom