Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My pub news is that I am going, with my son, to the Cleveland Arms on Thursday night where Kenny Jackett and Sam Ricketts will be taking and answering questions about their time at Wolves. I am sure that high on the agenda will be questions about O'Hara, Roger Johnson and the bomb squad!
Ooohhh! I wish I was here to go. That would be really interesting. Please provide highlights!

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was told today the interest being reported in Enzo Fernandez is legit but he prefers AC Milan as things stand.

Decent source who works with marketing department occasionally

ha! And your source has just read that straight off twitter. It’s all over Milan / Italian journo social media

Sidaway

Reaction score
Neves is signing a new contract, you can all rejoice.

Would match up with those posters who have said that the market perhaps isn't as big for him as we thought it might be.
That's a big statement to make my friend.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Would match up with those posters who have said that the market perhaps isn't as big for him as we thought it might be.
Unfortunately it has a relegation release clause of £20m.

Joke btw

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Didn't expect him to re-sign but I knew the market wasn't huge for him. Top clubs are signing different CMs.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Also, there's been no interest in Adama so far, as one would expect when foreign clubs can sign him on a pre-contract for free in January. Nunes is still the main target for midfield, although I personally think he will have UCL/UEL clubs to choose from.
Just shows you can’t believe what the journalist say

Sidaway

Reaction score
Also, there's been no interest in Adama so far, as one would expect when foreign clubs can sign him on a pre-contract for free in January. Nunes is still the main target for midfield, although I personally think he will have UCL/UEL clubs to choose from.
Are you on the wind up or genuinely feeding us information?

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Neves has been the main shining light in two seasons of mostly dire, defensive football. I don’t think the way we play and our performances makes him worth £70m.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves has been the main shining light in two seasons of mostly dire, defensive football. I don’t think the way we play and our performances makes him worth £70m.
Might as well christen it the 'wolves tax'

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So if neves is staying and nobody wants traore it looks like we will have to sell MGW and some of the fringe players to change the team up and even then it wont afford us much.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A weekish old news but MGW would still rather leave then stay here. Wants first team football and a fresh start. No idea if Forest links are true but Southampton and Palace are still interested but nothing yet

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A weekish old news but MGW would still rather leave then stay here. Wants first team football and a fresh start. No idea if Forest links are true but Southampton and Palace are still interested but nothing yet
If we are unable to convince anyone to come in he has to stay surely and be given a chance with a consistent run of games.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Believable to be honest, think I'd have the same thought of mind as him in the same situation.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Are we all arguing here now....I know I ain't the happiest fan in the world but man alive its been carnage on the transfer thread this week resulting in it getting locked.
No if its to stay open...
I've already said the other one is just taking a breather and someone can start a new one in the morning.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
I do wish people would use the thread as per the title and not to have puerile arguments about who said what to whom and when, and abusing any 'rumour-monger' who dares to relay something which MAY have substance, but isn't guaranteed (cos if it was, it would be 'fact' not 'rumour'. The pages and pages of vituperative nonsense simply means genuine fans interested in hearing genuine rumours don't bother to come on the site and instead just wait nervously for official announcements from the club. Only post something you think ALL fans would want to hear and not childish bickering.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Neves doesn't go then we'd need to sell a few of Traore, MGW, Podence, Dendoncker, Jimenenz and Coady, I reckon. Each potentially expendable footballing-wise (though selling Coady or MGW would really hurt). Neto's value will be artificially low at the moment because he's missed so much football.

Given that our strategy was to buy cheap/young for high resale value, it's disappointing we're in this situation.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Neves doesn't go then we'd need to sell a few of Traore, MGW, Podence, Dendoncker, Jimenenz and Coady, I reckon. Each potentially expendable footballing-wise (though selling Coady or MGW would really hurt). Neto's value will be artificially low at the moment because he's missed so much football.

Given that our strategy was to buy cheap/young for high resale value, it's disappointing we're in this situation.
Assuming Neves, Mouts and MGW stay, the minimum we need is a cm and ch, sell Dendonker and a few others, ie Sanderson, Giles to fund it along with the Vinagre fee, assuming the ridiculous fee for Hwang doesn't have to be funded from the transfer budget when his signing is clearly for other reasons.

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barmaid was drooling over Neves and then crying because he is leaving.

Told her not to be so silly, no club's come in for him with any offers at all.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if Neves signs I think all it does is protect his value for longer.

If true it might be a warning flare for anyone thinking about signing him to do it now rather than pontificate.

I'd imagine any contract would have a buy-out set at something like £60m

Half way between the biting point and his potential market value.

I think Ruben is more valuable to us than he is to the market. Sentimentality aside he has to have a lot of Wolves fans credit in the bank, 2nd only to Bully in recent living memory.

I love you Ruben. We all do.

Back
Top Bottom