Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a lump who bashes people about, fair few championship forwards like him.

Would be the case of adding a below average player to the squad for "depth".

Watch us sell Raul and replace him with him and end up spending more for him.

Even on his highlights he can't control a football.

Bruno Lage doesn't like forwards who can trap a ball.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a lump who bashes people about, fair few championship forwards like him.

Would be the case of adding a below average player to the squad for "depth".

Dont really know much about him but its those sort of “lumps” we always struggle against….I’m thinking Ashley Barnes, Mitrovic, Chris Wood

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

and you know this based on ?
He has signed (and I use that term loosely as its a “committee decision” so who knows who signed who) only one forward hasn't he in Hwang? Chiquinhos control looked really good, if we say he approved Trincaoes loan too his touch is very good, workrate/desire, maybe not so much. Not sure how you come up with that statement.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Yeah that's defo going to happen. Some of the nonsense posting on here at Defcon 5 levels. Expecting Hwang to be blamed for Russian invasion next, Bruno Lage was in Wuhan in 2019 as well.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah that's defo going to happen. Some of the nonsense posting on here at Defcon 5 levels. Expecting Hwang to be blamed for Russian invasion next, Bruno Lage was in Wuhan in 2019 as well.
Yes, but was Hwang in Wuhan?

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I work down the chip shop.but unfortunately I haven't picked up any RELIABLE rumours!

Yo and Uh-huh.
Personally, I'm not looking for a new England...just maybe some new players..

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Make hay while the sun is shining, we've gone through a period where several of the "top clubs" have faltered and European football has been within genuine reach. We're approaching a period where it's feasible they get their acts together (clowns like Ole and Lampard aren't stinking up the hot seats at big clubs), and where clubs are having money pumped into them.

With light investment it's feasible that we would've hit European football last season and during Nunos second PL season, making us a much more attractive prospect.

"Sustainable clubs" go one way. Burnley, Wigan, etc. If we go the same way are you happy that we threw a 2 goal lead at Wembley or that we played for penalties Vs Sevilla?

It's hardly a golden era for us.
Dortmund, Ajax, Seville, Athletico Madrid all have net spends in the last 5 years. They’ve done ok being self sufficient.

Re the FA cup semi and Europa QF, the results hurt but they are massive highlights of the last 20 years. Who 20 years ago thought we’d be in the knockout stages of a European competition

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dortmund, Ajax, Seville, Athletico Madrid all have net spends in the last 5 years. They’ve done ok being self sufficient.

Re the FA cup semi and Europa QF, the results hurt but they are massive highlights of the last 20 years. Who 20 years ago thought we’d be in the knockout stages of a European competition
Who in Kenny Jackett's last season would have thought that we'd make the quarter finals in Europe within five years?

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fa cup was a terrible error by doncks, not good keeping by our second keeper, and taking jota off. Have to credit watford tho. That's sport for you.

In the qf we were beaten by the better team.

The real missed opportunity was the last few months where a string of poor decisions probably cost us europe, but we had got more points than performances had warranted. We overperformed then underperformed so perhaps it averaged out.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The fa cup was a terrible error by doncks, not good keeping by our second keeper, and taking jota off. Have to credit watford tho. That's sport for you.

In the qf we were beaten by the better team.

The real missed opportunity was the last few months where a string of poor decisions probably cost us europe, but we had got more points than performances had warranted. We overperformed then underperformed so perhaps it averaged out.

IMO the missed opportunity of this season was the summer window. Not signing Vitinha for 18m, not willing to raise the Botman bid by 5 million. Sign those two and the formation change may have been possible. Sign those two and we wouldn't have dropped off a cliff when when other players got injured. Sign those two and I think we're 6th.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sell to buy works for Ajax and Dortmund because they're already established, in a league where there's a massive disparity in finances - they're able to pick off the best of the rest from the rest of the league for relatively little expenditure, or do what Munich do and just offer better contracts and wait for the players to leave for nothing. They're able to consistently offer champions league football, and a platform for moving on to other clubs (Bayern, Barcelona, etc). They're able to do this without their position of strength being at risk.

We don't have that, the teams around us earn similar revenue to us and are happy to invest. We don't have the pull of European football, our perceived standing harms some players international chances (as touched upon by Bruno earlier this year).

We haven't embarked on "self sustainability" from a position of strength, we've done it during a period of unrest, where we're overhauling the style of the squad and embarking on an entire squad rebuild with few saleable assets.

Sevilla big negative net spend in the past 3 windows (-101M), with a -87M net spend over the 5 years.

Atletico Madrid -91M over the same time frame.

These clubs aren't afraid to spend, invest, and rebuild when it's needed and necessary. We should've backed Nuno's transition away from the back 3, we should've backed Bruno in the summer.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell to buy works for Ajax and Dortmund because they're already established, in a league where there's a massive disparity in finances - they're able to pick off the best of the rest from the rest of the league for relatively little expenditure, or do what Munich do and just offer better contracts and wait for the players to leave for nothing. They're able to consistently offer champions league football, and a platform for moving on to other clubs (Bayern, Barcelona, etc). They're able to do this without their position of strength being at risk.

We don't have that, the teams around us earn similar revenue to us and are happy to invest. We don't have the pull of European football, our perceived standing harms some players international chances (as touched upon by Bruno earlier this year).

We haven't embarked on "self sustainability" from a position of strength, we've done it during a period of unrest, where we're overhauling the style of the squad and embarking on an entire squad rebuild with few saleable assets.

Sevilla big negative net spend in the past 3 windows (-101M), with a -87M net spend over the 5 years.

Atletico Madrid -91M over the same time frame.

These clubs aren't afraid to spend, invest, and rebuild when it's needed and necessary. We should've backed Nuno's transition away from the back 3, we should've backed Bruno in the summer.
Good post.
I agree with everything really.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The king is back. The business case for extra money from guo has been made lol.Alternatively neves could join villa.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope that you are right!
Me too. Problem is previously poor transfer windows have pushed us into selling him to fund new players. I suppose she could keep her new role and he will sign for English club

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why on Earth would she need to work
To have something to do in the day that she feels is rewarding to her I would imagine. She may also enjoy being around children and found a job that means she can do something she is passionate about and could you imagine being in a foreign country and not having a purpose to your day beyond being the wife of a footballer? Sounds dull as dish water.

If this is true I have so much respect for that.

Not every wag is like Colleen and that horrific vardy woman…..

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not everyone works just to make money.
I assume if I became a billionaire, I'd probably still work....allthough obviously a bit less, and with more fancy vacations...
If you became a billionaire I assume you would buy Wolves, pump millions into buying the team until you needed to work again to make ends meet.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Me too. Problem is previously poor transfer windows have pushed us into selling him to fund new players. I suppose she could keep her new role and he will sign for English club
Perhaps Fosun have made some commitments to him - new contract, a clause and investment... Who knows...

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hearing Neves’ missus has accepted a new job at their kids local school. Perhaps he’s staying ?
Is the local school in Barcelona? :)

With 3 young children at home I doubt she will be working anywhere soon!

drewsie

Groupie
Reaction score
It’s
Hearing Neves’ missus has accepted a new job at their kids local school. Perhaps he’s staying ?

Had a message a couple of days ago that Neves has viewed a house in Brewood.

Thought “yeah, whatever” but if the rumour about his Wife and the school is true….you just never know.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s

Had a message a couple of days ago that Neves has viewed a house in Brewood.

Thought “yeah, whatever” but if the rumour about his Wife and the school is true….you just never know.

Use to play cricket in brewood and live there for a bit, some big houses and a nice area, i would love this to be true, with him hoping to stay

drewsie

Groupie
Reaction score
Use to play cricket in brewood and live there for a bit, some big houses and a nice area, i would love this to be true, with him hoping to stay

To be honest, I didn’t know where Brewood was (had to Google it). If his Missus has taken a job in a school close by…..fingers crossed eh?

Back
Top Bottom