Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

Snorbans Wolf

Reaction score
This could literally be our lineup the way things are going with our club.
Sa
Jonny Toti Boly Mosquera Giles
Cundle Jordao MGW
Neto Silva Hwang
Subs Sondergaard, Sanderson, Chem Campbell, Marques, Bueno, Cutrone

Can't say I'm excited

Can’t say I see it happening mate, partly because that’s twelve players in the starting lineup

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
If we have no more cash than 40m I’d try something different I’d expect us to go down with the following line up but it would be very attacking!!

Sa
Bolla Kilman Toti Giles
M.Camara MGW
Chiquinho Podence Neto
Dennis

Sign Mady Camara Olympiacos & Dennis off Watford both combined could cost about 35m which surely we can afford with our fire sale
Thought you were bringing back Mo Camara then haha. Yeah I agree but then who do you bring on? Where's the squad depth that we need? If we have no one signed in the next few weeks id be worried.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought you were bringing back Mo Camara then haha. Yeah I agree but then who do you bring on? Where's the squad depth that we need? If we have no one signed in the next few weeks id be worried.
Il worry when the window shuts but we need to get business done early and Mo Camara could probably run us better than Sellars!!

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumour that there's a big meeting today between Bruno, Jeff and Scott and that Bruno is on his way out the door.

Not sure what truth there is in it, a work colleague who is a ST holder mentioned it earlier when we were lamenting the rubbish end to the season.
The Board will recognise their need to spend big this window. But would they want Lage spending several tens of millions given our end of season record ? They will surely have serious doubts.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we have no more cash than 40m I’d try something different I’d expect us to go down with the following line up but it would be very attacking!!

Sa
Bolla Kilman Toti Giles
M.Camara MGW
Chiquinho Podence Neto
Dennis

Sign Mady Camara Olympiacos & Dennis off Watford both combined could cost about 35m which surely we can afford with our fire sale
Dennis.....fire sale.....let's hope he has a good engine....

Timberrrr

Reaction score
Just got back from Portugal
Steve bull and nuno were on the same flight out as me 2 weeks ago.i managed to speak briefly while going to the loo.i asked what they were doing and they were on a golfing holiday. I asked nuno if he was coming back to wolves.he just smiled
TRUE

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
No it really doesn't look good. I know some ppl go on about how the Vile/Everton have spent and will spend money and waste it but if we had one good window on the players we have been linked with IE Vitinha,Paulinha, Nunes Guedes/Gomez Botman/Caleta that's a massive improvement on the squad and money well spent and I think that's where neves would think ok they are going for it, one more season I could do. We know who we need to improve the squad we just don't want to spend it to get there. As a fan it's very disappointing especially as we have one of the world's wealthiest owners.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seyi messed up a loan deal for kaly sene apparently.

Yep, negotiated an option to buy but didn’t negotiate an extended contract with the player, so now he’s had a good season he’s going to cost them a lot more in wages

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This could literally be our lineup the way things are going with our club.
Sa
Jonny Toti Boly Mosquera Giles
Cundle Jordao MGW
Neto Silva Hwang
Subs Sondergaard, Sanderson, Chem Campbell, Marques, Bueno, Cutrone

Can't say I'm excited
It could also be

Sa
Semedo Caleta Car Coady Kilman RAN
Palinha Moutinho
Rafa Raul Guedes

I’m excited

Last edited:

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Board will recognise their need to spend big this window. But would they want Lage spending several tens of millions given our end of season record ? They will surely have serious doubts.
Doubt the Board will spend any more than they get in from transfers out to be honest. Self sustaining……….

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Was told a figure of a top end ~£30M net spend this summer from someone with pretty good knowledge. Add in Neves at £50Mish + any other player trading and we could be ok in terms of actual funds to spend.

On who, is the question

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was told a figure of a top end ~£30M net spend this summer from someone with pretty good knowledge. Add in Neves at £50Mish + any other player trading and we could be ok in terms of actual funds to spend.

On who, is the question
If true that seems perfectly reasonable from the owners.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

On who, is the question
I think we'll sell 2 or 3 this summer. There is potential for us to get decent fees for quite a few players - Neves, Donk, Traore, MGW, Coady for example? I also wouldn't be surprised to see us cash in on Sanderson and/or Giles. With Saiss, Ruddy and possibly Moutinho also leaving (freeing up wages), if Fosun are willing to spend what we bring in plus £30 million, you'd imagine it would give us quite a bit to spend on reshaping the squad? We're going to need 6 or 7 very good players though I think. The recruitment team have struggled to bring that many in over 3 years.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If true that seems perfectly reasonable from the owners.

We spent £30M on transfers last season, it didn't get us much.

The Neves money isn't going to stretch very far in terms of plugging gaps in the first team squad left by contract expirations and Neves.

Doesn't fill me with confidence.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We spent £30M on transfers last season, it didn't get us much.

The Neves money isn't going to stretch very far in terms of plugging gaps in the first team squad left by contract expirations and Neves.

Doesn't fill me with confidence.
30 + Neves money + couple other sales should give us £100M ish to spend. Plenty enough to buy 3 quality first team ready players. Which should leave us in good order.

Obviously decision making in recruitment is key; but so it is if we had £250M to spend...

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That 30M becomes 16M when you factor in the Hwang transfer that's coming out of our accounts this summer too.

@Minimalist

Back
Top Bottom