Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am fairly sure Reyes Cleary has not been playing for their u23's because he wont sign a new contract.

The article I read said he had 7 goals for the u23's and 12 for the under 18's - and in the article it said he was 17 so it must be a little old now because In think the kid is now 18.

I would love another repeat of the Steve Bull scenario, extremely unlikely I know - but for that reason alone we should sign the kid!

Update - Article was from March
That would be ideal. It would sting even more when they are already in the doldrums.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And isn't that where a lot of our fans are now? If we were offered a slight improvement in position, a more positive playing style, and an FA Cup semi final next season, who's not taking that?
True enough

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reyes Cleary is definitely the type of forward we are missing at u23 level.....at least an an option.....a physical type.....don't think it would be a bad signing for the academy...it would also allow Fraser a bit of time to develop....

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reyes Cleary is definitely the type of forward we are missing at u23 level.....at least an an option.....a physical type.....don't think it would be a bad signing for the academy...it would also allow Fraser a bit of time to develop....
cracking player (24 goals in 29 games I think for the u18s and 7 in 17 for the u23s), much bigger clubs than us after him and I doubt he'd switch to us

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slightly concerning given how generally gash the ****'s forwards were in the U23 final. Lumps who kept getting caught offside. Frankly seems to me to be more of a Mick-era age group signing.
They didn’t play him due to the contract dispute, the lads scored an absolute shed load in youth football and will cost £250k in compensation. A no brainer signing for me

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reyes Cleary name I’ve been told we are chasing. Out of contract with Albion and highly regarded.

Not sure how good the source is tho but passing the info on.
Surely no such thing could ever happen?!!!
A young highly-rated carrier bag hotshot, with the potential to be a club legend, going on to sign for the arch enemy!....I've never heard anything so absurd in all my life!!! Lol....wink, wink, SGB306!!!

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumour that there's a big meeting today between Bruno, Jeff and Scott and that Bruno is on his way out the door.

Not sure what truth there is in it, a work colleague who is a ST holder mentioned it earlier when we were lamenting the rubbish end to the season.
It is the normal way to leave a meeting. Leaving via a window is a tad exteme :)

Seriously I hope you are right and thanks for sharing

17miles

Reaction score
Rumour that there's a big meeting today between Bruno, Jeff and Scott and that Bruno is on his way out the door.

Not sure what truth there is in it, a work colleague who is a ST holder mentioned it earlier when we were lamenting the rubbish end to the season.

Is Bruno even in the country at the moment to have this supposed meeting ?

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Meeting hasn't happened yet AFAIK but will be happening tonight or tomorrow. The Bruno-out-the-door part isn't nailed on. He wants backing. Club not happy with end of season form. The outcome of the meeting will tell us whether they accept the fault is down to a lack of investment, or whether they want to blame it on Bruno.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Meeting hasn't happened yet AFAIK but will be happening tonight or tomorrow. The Bruno-out-the-door part isn't nailed on. He wants backing. Club not happy with end of season form. The outcome of the meeting will tell us whether they accept the fault is down to a lack of investment, or whether they want to blame it on Bruno.
So on one hand Jeff Shi and Scott Sellars could say sorry, admit their mistakes and then vow to put more money in and bring in quality players.

Or they could push the blame to another guy and make him responsible.

Hmmm, I wonder what they'll do...

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he is pushed out the door some may rejoice at that however it might not be the positive Bruno outers take it to be.

If he’s demanded backing and they’ve given him the hook instead that isn’t a positive signal at all is it…

They may decide it’s Bruno or the squad that needs changing, I’d say it’s the squad regardless and I hope they don’t think pushing Bruno fixes the problem.

Clipboard

Reaction score
So on one hand Jeff Shi and Scott Sellars could say sorry, admit their mistakes and then vow to put more money in and bring in quality players.

Or they could push the blame to another guy and make him responsible.

Hmmm, I wonder what they'll do...
Yes. Quite the mystery isn't it.....:)

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he is pushed out the door some may rejoice at that however it might not be the positive Bruno outers take it to be.

If he’s demanded backing and they’ve given him the hook instead that isn’t a positive signal at all is it…
If we push him out the door, who is going to come in with everything up in turmoil, season starts August 5th/6th 7th

We would have to get a manager in before end of June

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They may decide it’s Bruno or the squad that needs changing, I’d say it’s the squad regardless and I hope they don’t think pushing Bruno fixes the problem.
Only if they don't get another man in immediately.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only if they don't get another man in immediately.
As long as they don’t think replacing him solves everything.

As I added to my comment (which you may or may not have seen), I hope they don’t think it’s Bruno or the squad. It needs to be the squad that’s refreshed regardless of whether Bruno or someone else is in charge.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

As I added to my comment (which you may or may not have seen), I hope they don’t think it’s Bruno or the squad. It needs to be the squad that’s refreshed regardless of whether Bruno or someone else is in charge.
You'd hope they're not as blinkered as that, but we live to be surprised.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
New manager, means new staff, i mean tony roberts plus others would go, its a full upheaval, when we have so many players as upheaval, recipe for disaster its not a good probability percentage to cement top half, more chance of relegation.

Its a funny year, huge winter break for world cup, early start, bruno can throw the handbags out, shi needs to come to realisations get on the blower and get player contracts/sales and purchases done before 1st July

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don't think they've got a choice but to refresh the squad as it seems so many are leaving

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think they've got a choice but to refresh the squad as it seems so many are leaving
I feel we say this every summer but then very little happens? You're 100% right but it seems hard for me to see Fosun actually spending money on first teamers in their prime given their past actions.

MontyR

Reaction score
Jay Rodriguez just walked by me at the airport, hands full of Peroni (championship celebrations?). Said he’ll be leading the line for us in September.

Ok maybe the last part isn’t true…

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This could literally be our lineup the way things are going with our club.
Sa
Jonny Toti Boly Mosquera Giles
Cundle Jordao MGW
Neto Silva Hwang
Subs Sondergaard, Sanderson, Chem Campbell, Marques, Bueno, Cutrone

Can't say I'm excited
If we have no more cash than 40m I’d try something different I’d expect us to go down with the following line up but it would be very attacking!!

Sa
Bolla Kilman Toti Giles
M.Camara MGW
Chiquinho Podence Neto
Dennis

Sign Mady Camara Olympiacos & Dennis off Watford both combined could cost about 35m which surely we can afford with our fire sale

Back
Top Bottom