Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloke came in at lunchtime selling these curly wigs. £15 a time.
Reckoned he'd heard all incomings now have to sport the Fabio style and he was going to make a fortune.
Said he's also heard Jeff was opening a hairdressers in Queen Street!curly wig.jpg

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno's asked Jeff to get Mary Berry in on the coaching staff, she makes great cookies according to Hwang.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Yes interesting that ruddy never mentioned the manager in his fearwell post come to think of it haven't heard any wolves player big Bruno up .please Jeff if you read this post new positive manager please.
Like I said we have a very special manager in Bruno.
Quite the about turn here in a short time

top fox wolf

Reaction score
Quite the about turn here in a short time
Yes gran I have changed my mind haven't been impressed with his tactics or his handling of players I have a first hand account of what happened at Compton and it wasn't good just think Bruno is just a couch an assistant manager which he was at s .w .and Swansea personneley would like a manager with a big personality with an attacking policy who plays 442 .that's just me just love managers like klopp . Josie . Someone with something about them ........like Nuno.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Lets get some facts on the table then.

With only 14 games of the season to go, Wolves were in 7th place, six points behind Mutd, but with two games in hand. We were tightly grouped with Arsenal, West Ham and Spurs. To be in this position was an outstanding achievement, especially considering that the first 3 games were lost so narrowly. The record over those 21 games was W12 D4 L5, ( 3 of the defeats were 1-0 fiercely contested games against bg 6 teams. ). Goals for 23, against 15.

Again an outstanding achievement, to be close to 2 points a game over such an extended period. The figures also show that it was Wolves' defensive strength, which allowed for such a high % of points based on a relatively modest goal scoring total.

But that is a key part of how a good team will challenge the established elite, as Leicester have shown in several seasons.

So rather than making grand analytical statements, that are based on rejecting the achievements of this season and its actual potential, look more closely at the player and tactical issues that disrupted that potential. The loss of Adama, in my view, will figure highly, as will injuries to Podence and Neves, two of our most essential players. We were treading a fine line in terms of the balance between defence and attack, and those losses, without strengthening the squad in January, go a long way to explaining our dreadful run-in.

The Premier is an incredibly demanding league and these small errors/deficiencies will be ruthlessly found out. As happened.
Yeah, like when your defense isn't that good and your keeper is playing out of his mind.

That absolutely isn't how a team will challenge the elite. Grinding out 1-0 wins won't work, we played very similarly in many of our wins as we did in many of our losses. I pointed this out at the time but people are so emotional and can't actually analyse what they see it clowds their judgement.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Yes gran I have changed my mind haven't been impressed with his tactics or his handling of players I have a first hand account of what happened at Compton and it wasn't good just think Bruno is just a couch an assistant manager which he was at s .w .and Swansea personneley would like a manager with a big personality with an attacking policy who plays 442 .that's just me just love managers like klopp . Josie . Someone with something about them ........like Nuno.
Bruno's a couch? At least the players will sit down in comfort...

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it’s as bad as you imply, and I’ve no reason to doubt you, it would explain the capitulation at the end of the season. It also means that his position is untenable. Whilst we were going to lose some we seem to be losing a lot more than expected. If Lage is to be believed he wanted to keep Ruddy yet the latter has left for pastures new.

How many existing or potential players may decide Wolves isn’t for them because of Bruno
and his man management skills. It’s difficult enough to recruit quality players without having one arm behind our back.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nuno definitely had that big personality. But he was never an attacking manager with us and I don't think he ever has been. He's of the Mourinho school. Nuno once said "Everything starts with a clean sheet". He's hyper-cautious and that was ultimately his downfall at Porto. They blew the title by not being able to beat bottom of the table sides in the run in. Sounds familiar? Loved the guy, but that's definitely our Nuno. It was the same at his brief time at Spurs.

It worked for us as we can't beat the big boys at their game, what Nuno did was a masterclass in "guerilla warfare" football. What remains to be seen is how we as a club move on to the next level, of not having to play matches as the underdog. I assume this is why Nuno was moved on - after Sevilla match he himself said we needed to change. I don't think he was given the resources to realistically make that change. And I don't think Bruno has, either.

How about Nuno back as manager and Bruno as assistant? With Bruno doing first halves and Nuno second halves? :D Oh, and £150M to spend on the pick of the Mendes players, too.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How can you Kilman has improved. Nuno point blank didn’t like him. Kilman was solid day one so for me Bruno hasn’t improved him.

Bruno brutally has t improved any player and has persisted with players out of form, biggest example in Raul
Completely wrong on Nuno’s thoughts on Max.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Almost definites: Ruddy, Saiss, Marcal, Neves

Highly likely: Traore, Trincao

Good chance: Moutinho, Dendoncker, Boly

Possible: Raul, Podence, Giles, Sanderson

With doubts about Semedo and Kilman being ready for pre-season.

Going to take some really smart recruitment over the Summer to replace some of those.

Not the end of the world.
Neves aside.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno definitely had that big personality. But he was never an attacking manager with us and I don't think he ever has been. He's of the Mourinho school. Nuno once said "Everything starts with a clean sheet". He's hyper-cautious and that was ultimately his downfall at Porto. They blew the title by not being able to beat bottom of the table sides in the run in. Sounds familiar? Loved the guy, but that's definitely our Nuno. It was the same at his brief time at Spurs.

It worked for us as we can't beat the big boys at their game, what Nuno did was a masterclass in "guerilla warfare" football. What remains to be seen is how we as a club move on to the next level, of not having to play matches as the underdog. I assume this is why Nuno was moved on - after Sevilla match he himself said we needed to change. I don't think he was given the resources to realistically make that change. And I don't think Bruno has, either.

How about Nuno back as manager and Bruno as assistant? With Bruno doing first halves and Nuno second halves? :D Oh, and £150M to spend on the pick of the Mendes players, too.
A good summary. Will be interesting to see who Nuno manages next and I hope he is able to play a more attacking style.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reyes Cleary name I’ve been told we are chasing. Out of contract with Albion and highly regarded.

Not sure how good the source is tho but passing the info on.
Slightly concerning given how generally gash the ****'s forwards were in the U23 final. Lumps who kept getting caught offside. Frankly seems to me to be more of a Mick-era age group signing.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to disagree here, the football in his last year was awful. I want to see us play positive football
Pretty sure he won’t be coming back.
You are perfectly entitled to whatever opinion you like of Nuno, but I do feel strongly that he shouldn’t be judged on that last season, it was a complete anomaly given the pandemic and behind closed doors football. No real summer break. Not to mention the injury to the one player we were least equipped to cope without.

Judge him on his first 3 seasons.

And for me Nuno’s first 3 seasons compares very favourably to Bruno’s first.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty sure he won’t be coming back.
You are perfectly entitled to whatever opinion you like of Nuno, but I do feel strongly that he shouldn’t be judged on that last season, it was a complete anomaly given the pandemic and behind closed doors football. No real summer break. Not to mention the injury to the one player we were least equipped to cope without.

Judge him on his first 3 seasons.

And for me Nuno’s first 3 seasons compares very favourably to Bruno’s first.
Nuno’a first 3 years compared to Bruno is like comparing night and day, one knew what he was doing the other doesn’t.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given the number of players they had out of contract and moving on at the end of last season their own fans were expecting a relegation battle at best. Instead they improved their position with new young players and don't forget that they made the FA Cup semi final.
And isn't that where a lot of our fans are now? If we were offered a slight improvement in position, a more positive playing style, and an FA Cup semi final next season, who's not taking that?

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slightly concerning given how generally gash the ****'s forwards were in the U23 final. Lumps who kept getting caught offside. Frankly seems to me to be more of a Mick-era age group signing.
I am fairly sure Reyes Cleary has not been playing for their u23's because he wont sign a new contract.

The article I read said he had 7 goals for the u23's and 12 for the under 18's - and in the article it said he was 17 so it must be a little old now because In think the kid is now 18.

I would love another repeat of the Steve Bull scenario, extremely unlikely I know - but for that reason alone we should sign the kid!

Update - Article was from March

Back
Top Bottom