Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't say Lage has actually improved any of our players, perhaps Semedo but was that him or just Semedo settling into the league, he mainly just had the players Nuno lost to injury return and we were back to being hard to score past again as a result.
Hmmm. Coady, Saiss and Kilman have all been much better. Pod too and RAN (but that could just be down to them)

But I'd have expected more from him tbh.
Players like Trincao and Silva haven't pushed on at all

D

Deleted member drgr12429

No wonder Silva wants out. He hardly played at all for the first part of the season and when he did start to play, it was still only sporadic. Also even when playing well, he's been subbed early a few times.

I'd personally really hoped that Lage coming in would help our younger players kick on, but Hoever hasn't improved and hardly plays, Silva seems better, but hardly plays. Cundle seems okay, but Lage rarely paying him suggests he's not ready to have an impact. Toti has done well, but can Lage be credited with thar development or do we've to give credit to Grasshoppers?
i wouldn't fancy Silva either. He can't score, can't assist, can't head it, struggles to hold it up. But he can make runs and drop his bottom lip..

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we lose Silva because of Lage that will be the worst mistake Fosun have made since they took over. I'm hoping those saying its a rumour are wrong, I'm bloody fuming it's a possibility

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair we will really miss Silva’s, wait for it, ZERO goals this season.

50m on him and Hwang just makes me want to cry.
Too right, probably worst two deals in my 60+ plus years supporting, Dick-le-Flem, Robert Taylor come close along with Masters, Ashley and many more, but in terms of money spent they win hands down.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair we will really miss Silva’s, wait for it, ZERO goals this season.

50m on him and Hwang just makes me want to cry.
The sooner grasshoppers get into Europe the better they can buy these two off us. Who would even want non goal scoring attacking players?

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho staying on 100k a week is not a smart choice for me.
Not this **** again.

With Neves going yes it is. With his low transfer fee the 100k a week is **** all for what he’s done for us. Over the 4 years it what nearly another 5 mill. So we signed him for 9 mill then? So ****ing what? Double it to 20 mill - still a bargain. **** it double it again to 40m I’d still go back and pay it.
This stupid obsession with OMG 100k a week when he cost us a packet of crisps is bull****.

He’s been the best player in a gold shirt I’ve ever seen. Silva cost nearly 4 times more than Mouts has cost us.

Last edited:

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not this **** again.

With Neves going yes it is. With his low transfer fee the 100k a week is **** all for what he’s done for us.
With Neves going it’s the chance to revitalise our midfield.

Irrespective of what you think, or me for that matter, he won’t be here and I don’t expect any of our three midfielders to be here come August.

£5 million gets you a lot.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Neves going it’s the chance to revitalise our midfield.

Irrespective of what you think, or me for that matter, he won’t be here and I don’t expect any of our three midfielders to be here come August.

£5 million gets you a lot.
I think he will be here - they aren’t dumb enough to sell both him & Neves in the same summer.

5 million gets you a lot? In the Premier League? Really!!?!?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've backed Silva up to the hilt on here....feel sorry for our forwards cause we don't create chances ...BUT....Silva hasn't done a lot this season bar run around....should he have played a bit more recently possibly...but it does seem strange the stick both Raul and Hwang get , when they have both scored but Silva is suddenly the blue eyed boy but, in his (limited) minutes on the pitch hasn't looked like scoring at all....

We definitely need something else up top next season, hopefully Guedes and a central striker....if that's gonna upset Fabio, then get rid....we need goals next season and cant risk another blank season from Fabio.....

Last edited:

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he will be here - they aren’t dumb enough to sell both him & Neves in the same summer.

5 million gets you a lot? In the Premier League? Really!!?!?
Without the risk of sounding patronising it gets you 2 players on 50k a week each for a start.

Raul on loan was £5 million.

Half an Ait Nouri etc

Aside from all of that, and in my own opinion, he should not be a starter next year even if he stays, which he won’t.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Fabio wants out? Ok, I'll run with this. How much is he currently worth you reckon?

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
Thought Lage was supposed to be good with the younger players. Jeff won’t be pleased.
There’s probably those that get a better view, but isn’t he often a source of frustration to Lage on the sidelines?

And wasn’t there grumbling of discontent earlier in the season… not warming up, or having to be told to, or something like that?

Maybe he wasn’t aiming comments just at Hoover this season.

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Further update.

Just had a text off my sauce that Tim Martin is backing the fans over the goal music and that he will be banning it because he does not allow music in any of his premises.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember when Helder was 'his boy' ?

At least Helder had done enough but get a slight profit so there wasn’t anything to lose. The large fee and lack of game time means Silva isn’t in that position and Jeff has put so much emphasis on his generational talent

Reactions: Ian

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can believe the rumour on silva, who imo is still only here and will stay here because of what he cost us, but i really cant see another Premier League club touching him. He tries hard, but he`s not at the level we require. Shi and Mendes have royally ****ed up with this one. ..yes we all
know he has time on his side, but we need much better in our forward line, in order to stay a top half team and go for Europe.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No the worst mistake was shelling out £35mil for him.
Probably not……it’s a bit too soon to tell.
Lets suppose that he never becomes a fantastic player but instead, only a good one.
If Wolves don’t want him in a couple years, then we’ll probably sell him for £23m or so and all we’ve lost is about £12m.
Granted, not an ideal situation but maybe his potential was worth taking a gamble of £12m.

All transfers are a gamble…..no way around it.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without the risk of sounding patronising it gets you 2 players on 50k a week each for a start.

Raul on loan was £5 million.

Half an Ait Nouri etc

Aside from all of that, and in my own opinion, he should not be a starter next year even if he stays, which he won’t.
You don’t sound patronising you sound condescending. And no it doesn’t get you 2 players on 50k a week because you conveniently forgot their transfer fee.
So no you don’t sound patronising, you sound naïve and bad at maths.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Top quality players available on bosmans would be attracted by 50k wages a week.

Back
Top Bottom