Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't get your knickers in a twist. There are no facts here. Only third hand rumours as passed on by a friend of mine (knows his stuff, normally what he hears is pretty close to the truth) and an acquaintance (in my experience, he's full of ****. Most of what he says about life, politics and football is total *******s) who have actually said the same things...

1. Lopetegui apparently in talks.

2. Neves leaving (that's pretty obvious).

3. Dendoncker to Lazio for £25M!!! (Unbelievable business if true).

4. Moutinho staying.

Sources - Staff at Compton and a beautician FFS (works for WAG's) lol just passing on what I heard.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't get your knickers in a twist. There are no facts here. Only third hand rumours as passed on by a friend of mine (knows his stuff, normally what he hears is pretty close to the truth) and an acquaintance (in my experience, he's full of ****. Most of what he says about life, politics and football is total *******s) who have actually said the same things...

4. Moutinho staying.

Sources - Staff at Compton and a beautician FFS (works for WAG's) lol just passing on what I heard.
Moutinho staying on 100k a week is not a smart choice for me.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

4. Moutinho staying.

Are you sure he didn't miss out a decimal point in Dendoncker's fee?

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They're catching on these Wagatha Christie stories :oops:

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

4. Moutinho staying.

1 - wouldn't surprise me at all.
2 - yep that's a given.
3 - stunning if true.
4 - think that's very likely.

Thanks, love a good rumour!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This does feel a bit similar to Paul Lambert's final few days at Wolves.

Perhaps the club are sounding out Lopetegui and if he's interested, Bruno will leave at the end of the May?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lazio haven't paid over 20 million pounds for a player in about 20 years, and I doubt they will be doing so for Dendoncker! Maybe they've gone all nostalgic and offered 20 million lira and a few boxes of matches.
£25M does sound extremely generous. We've seen before that some of the carousel fees make no sense though. Fabio £35M, Moutinho £5M.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

4. Moutinho staying.

I could believe all of that.
Even the Donk bit (perhaps it’s € rather than £) think he’s under appreciated by us and would suit Italian football, Juventus were rumoured to be interested a couple of seasons back.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 is one I had a little nod on from my father's friend (who has a very decent position at the club).

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Dendoncker fee of twenty five million is not as crazy as it sounds!

How much would we expect to pay for a current Belgium International?
Would you be happy if we paid someone else £25m for him?

SuziQ

Reaction score
Just add a bit of info on point 2 (heard from a work colleague who has a contact) - when he was injured, Neves and Mendes attended a meeting in a hotel in Liverpool with representatives from an interested club (no idea which one).

Same source also told me the reason Neto isn't performing to his best is because he's very frustrated that the bird he's dating in Portugal doesn't want to move to Wolverhampton and he wants to be with her.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

4. Moutinho staying.

1. I have had a gut feeling about him coming in since reports he would be leaving Sevilla came out coincided with the us forgetting how to win.
2. Think we all already know this is happening, definitely see it being Barcelona with Nico part exchanged.
3. Lazio will likely sell Milinkovic-Savic this summer for big money so can definitely see him going there and the fee isn't unrealistic.
4. As long as he isn't a guaranteed starter his experience will help the new players settle

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That would be a good package of changes. Obviously I don't want Neves to go, but that's a given (hope the price is right).

Lopetegui would be great.

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

4. Moutinho staying.

i do like posts like this on here, thanks for sharing

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho staying on 100k a week is not a smart choice for me.
We won't get all our wishes this summer but if Marcal, Saiss and Dendonker go and Moutinho stays I'd be content with that, esp if he can mentor MGW, who I assume will be returning now Sheffield missed out on promotion. We always knew Neves would go but his money should buy a decent replacement or 2? Big ? for me is what happens re: Silva and Traore?

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If milinkovic savic leaves Lazio this replacing him with dendoncker is possible I think

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Just add a bit of info on point 2 (heard from a work colleague who has a contact) - when he was injured, Neves and Mendes attended a meeting in a hotel in Liverpool with representatives from an interested club (no idea which one).

Same source also told me the reason Neto isn't performing to his best is because he's very frustrated that the bird he's dating in Portugal doesn't want to move to Wolverhampton and he wants to be with her.
I saw him and said girlfriend walking hand in hand through Bantock not long back. Both were smiley and she looked like she loved her surroundings.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

4. Moutinho staying.

Regarding number 3 - one thing you must give the club for is the profit they make on players

Cuban Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score

4. Moutinho staying.

Was that before or after you started drinking? ;)

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing! and it would be good if we can keep this as a safe place for the 'down the pub' style rumours that will start to come up increasingly often through the summer, and people can share without fear of ridicule, as folk can just take them as they are and the forum doesn't have to be a rumour free zone as a result. Not all of what is shared is going to happen and the clock doesn't have to tick on posters who hear stuff, and it also protects the integrity of the forum... just an idea

As the the rumours themselves, the timing of 1) seems to make sense, although I think he will have bigger offers now than when he was first a name that came on our radar. 2) I think we've all had to come to terms with for a while now and I hope those that can be at Liverpool can give him a true legends send off. 3) would be a great bit of business and 4) I hope is true, but will reduced wages that is balanced by being fast tracked into the back room team and onto an apprenticeship to be a manager one day as is his stated ambition

And as for me I have heard nothing as ever, and no one important is likely to share with me either even if I knew them as I'd probably post it on an internet forum :)

Last edited:

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

4. Moutinho staying.

I’ve printed this out, highlighted it and put it in a plastic sleeve in my lever arch file in the relevant poster section. (Bill Preston through to JOS)
This allows for easy reference later in the window when it comes time to hound people off the board for daring to post an inaccurate rumour.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Isn't she moved over now?

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

4. Moutinho staying.

And nothing from a bloke up a tree. What are things coming to? ;)

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing! and it would be good if we can keep this as a safe place for the 'down the pub' style rumours that will start to come up increasingly often through the summer, and people can share without fear of ridicule, as folk can just take them as they are and the forum doesn't have to be a rumour free zone as a result. Not all of what is shared is going to happen and the clock doesn't have to tick on posters who hear stuff, and it also protects the integrity of the forum... just an idea

As the the rumours themselves, the timing of 1) seems to make sense, although I think he will have bigger offers now than when he was first a name that came on our radar. 2) I think we've all had to come to terms with for a while now and I hope those that can be at Liverpool can give him a true legends send off. 3) would be a great big of business and 4) I hope is true, but will reduced wages that is balanced by being fast tracked into the back room team and onto an apprenticeship to be a manager one day as is his stated ambition

And as for me I have heard nothing as ever, and no one important is likely to share with me either even if I knew them as I'd probably post it on an internet forum :)
Some meat on the bones of the Moutinho rumour - apparently he and his wife are very happy in the Midlands, they like that they can go places as a family and be recognised but left alone. They don't mind being stopped for selfies and a chat, but love that they're not mobbed.

I'm hoping the fact the child(ren) are in school here would be a factor in their decision and that they see some value in sticking around for them.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Some meat on the bones of the Moutinho rumour - apparently he and his wife are very happy in the Midlands, they like that they can go places as a family and be recognised but left alone. They don't mind being stopped for selfies and a chat, but love that they're not mobbed.

I'm hoping the fact the child(ren) are in school here would be a factor in their decision and that they see some value in sticking around for them.
I heard that Moutinho has now changed his mind and wants to go back to Portugal. Apparently his wife is really unhappy that her beautician is leaking stories to friends and it's ending up on Wolves forums. Another Wagatha Christie case. Thanks Bill!

Back
Top Bottom