Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“I used to go to a few Wolves game when I was younger... My dad is a big Wolves fan. I’m not really. I think because my dad was such a Wolves fan it kind of put me off!

“I don’t know why. When I was growing up it was Wolves, Wolves, Wolves and it put me off supporting them. - Goldson ready to turn Wolves fanatic into Albion supporter for the day

He did score for us once, mind.
That makes no sense why would his Dad being a big Wolves fan put you off supporting them?

Odd! :tearsofjoy:

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Goldson is nowhere near good enough for the Premier League in my opinion. Would be a dreadful signing.
JOS hes part of a rangers team that just got to a European final. He is plenty good enough.

Sideshow Bob

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, how much he improved him is almost impossible to measure because there is no linear cause and effect that can be traced back in isolation. Trusting him to start regularly can't have hurt him though.
the key thing is that Bruno, unlike Nuno, showed belief in Kilman and he repaid that belief in Spades.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the key thing is that Bruno, unlike Nuno, showed belief in Kilman and he repaid that belief in Spades.
I thought in part at least he had to play Kilman because of Bolys injury? I might be wrong though!

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought in part at least he had to play Kilman because of Bolys injury? I might be wrong though!
He did, Kilman wasn't starting the games in pre-season, he was getting on at half time

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you'd take every single Rangers player then? What odd logic
Id take that logic on there being some good players up there and people would be foolish to ignore it.

Sorry but he really isn’t. Exposed badly couple of times in the final
Watch Rangers much? Or just the final that was lost on penalties.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Id take that logic on there being some good players up there and people would be foolish to ignore it.

Watch Rangers much? Or just the final that was lost on penalties.
I personally don't think he is good enough for the Premier League, also I've seen a fair few Rangers fans that don't rate him that highly and think Bassey is a better player..

Saying that there is a couple of Rangers players I think are good and that is Bassey who I mentioned he is an absolute unit at the back and Joe Aribo!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m in the pub, so this counts… Hwang appearances are contractual not based on performance.
He is and never has been good enough to make such a demand. Any backroom staff that agreed it would deserve the push....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“I used to go to a few Wolves game when I was younger... My dad is a big Wolves fan. I’m not really. I think because my dad was such a Wolves fan it kind of put me off!

“I don’t know why. When I was growing up it was Wolves, Wolves, Wolves and it put me off supporting them. - Goldson ready to turn Wolves fanatic into Albion supporter for the day

He did score for us once, mind.
Hardly going to say that he was a massive Wolves fan to media local to his then club just before we played them. Perhaps, depending on wage demands, worth a go on a free - could be the new Bennett (but better leave our fowards' missuses well alone!).

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is and never has been good enough to make such a demand. Any backroom staff that agreed it would deserve the push....
The scary version of this is if the contractually required appearances relate to sponsors or replics shirt outlets in South Korea. As part of the deal he will be involved in x amount of games.
Would be horrendous if true, but not surprising

TelfordWolf

Reaction score
JOS hes part of a rangers team that just got to a European final. He is plenty good enough.

Completely disagree. He is nowhere near good enough to start for us. I’d be worried if this was the calibre of player we’re going for. Might be decent for a low end Prem team but definitely not for a team “trying” to get into the top six.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If your off you dont move to a different house in wolves.
Has he? I must admit that l have doubts that he'll recover his pre-injury form but l recognise how psychologically difficult this season was for him. I hope, if he stays, that we see something much nearer to the old Raul next season.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Lots of talk about many players not interested in new contracts and others wanting to leave.

How many are now potentially leaving?
A fair of them few fingers crossed, Neves the only massive loss imo but I would be fine with it for a large fee as long as A) I didn't think Mendes will dump a load of **** like Trincao from Barca on us B) I trusted the brain(less) trust to reinvest it well.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Btw, can people cite sources on players who we want to stay leaving?

Seems like we want players on certain deals do seem to want stay, but can't accept those deals. Decent way to run the club to protect us from bad contracts although most of those players should be thanked for their hard work and sent to find pastures anew. Aside from Joao perhaps who is probably worth 1 year at the right salary & if he doesn't stop significant investment into the midfield (2 starters if Neves goes, 3 if he and Donk go).

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Btw, can people cite sources on players who we want to stay leaving?

Seems like we want players on certain deals do seem to want stay, but can't accept those deals. Decent way to run the club to protect us from bad contracts although most of those players should be thanked for their hard work and sent to find pastures anew. Aside from Joao perhaps who is probably worth 1 year at the right salary & if he doesn't stop significant investment into the midfield (2 starters if Neves goes, 3 if he and Donk go).
This isn't a computer game. Changing the majority of the team in one window rarely goes well (Palace are perhaps the only significant recent exception) - see Watford, Flum, the Vile only staying up because of PGMOL equipment failure....

WRT your first sentence l claim no inside knowledge (being in a London hospital ward after an op is hardly the optimum place!) hence the "if".

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If there are players Shi/Sellars et al (and indeed Lage himself) want to stay who are opting to leave because of Lage that may well prompt further thought.....
These were exactly my thoughts. So many theories can be drawn from all this. I’m also beginning to wonder if Bruno has very little say in incoming/outgoing/contract talks. I may be completely wrong and off the mark.

It will be interesting to see how the MGW contract extension situation pans out.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumours from the pub..
Last night, this Spanish fellow walked in and returned his Adama Special Burger. The barman told him he couldn’t have a refund as he bought it months ago and it was now also a bit less beefy and stale, unfit for resale.
The Spanish fella (I think his/her name was Joan) just laughed and said he didn’t fancy it in the first place and didn’t pay for it anyway…
cheeky *******, eh?

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lots of talk about many players not interested in new contracts and others wanting to leave.

One way or another there'll be a sizeable change in personnel next season IMHO. Be that through natural rates of attrition or sales.

You can probably count on the fingers on one hand those who I'd be gutted to see leave.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

This isn't a computer game. Changing the majority of the team in one window rarely goes well (Palace are perhaps the only significant recent exception) - see Watford, Flum....
You are correct there is absolutely a limit but I think with a new manager it can actually work a bit better than an established one. New players come into a different culture rather than an existing one with cliques (every dressing room has them, we can't be a unique case). Would say Sevilla are the best e.g to be fair check their 19/20 season.

Does make Lopetegui more attractive in that sense.

johnnybetchas

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Has he? I must admit that l have doubts that he'll recover his pre-injury form but l recognise how psychologically difficult this season was for him. I hope, if he stays, that we see something much nearer to the old Raul next season.
Blimey! The wet nurse came to your bed early this morning!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

Almost definites: Ruddy, Saiss, Marcal, Neves

Highly likely: Traore, Trincao

Good chance: Moutinho, Dendoncker, Boly

Possible: Raul, Podence, Giles, Sanderson

With doubts about Semedo and Kilman being ready for pre-season.

Going to take some really smart recruitment over the Summer to replace some of those.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Going to take some really smart recruitment over the Summer to replace some of those.
Add MGW to the possible list I would suggest. We want him to stay but.....

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A fair of them few fingers crossed, Neves the only massive loss imo but I would be fine with it for a large fee as long as A) I didn't think Mendes will dump a load of **** like Trincao from Barca on us B) I trusted the brain(less) trust to reinvest it well.
When does wholesale change ever work?

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Looking at that, expect a “we will promote a number of academy players to the first team squad” announcement

Back
Top Bottom